Thread: SR20 alternator and PAS pump relocation. Anyone done this?

Rides

SR20 alternator and PAS pump relocation. Anyone done this?

I've seen this done before but I'm wondering if anyone can give me some details. If not this thread will serve as a log of how I do it!

I'm wanting to relocate my PAS pump to the left of my engine (as viewed from front) under the inlet. As low as possible.

This way I can hide the PAS bottle lower down. I can also neaten up the hoses.

I'll then swap the Alternator from the inlet side to the exhaust side in place of the Air con pump (which is deleted)

I'm doing this as I want a nice neat shaved and tucked engine bay

thoughts appreciated guys and girls!

Rides
    Taarks makes a bracket to swap the a/c pump with the PAS. It's an a/c delete.
    http://www.taarks.com/Power_Steering...relo-s15sr.htm

Rides
    why move the alternator to the turbo side? surely just leave it where it is or drop it if you want to try and hide it. as said Taarks bracket is already available for dropping the pas pump and you can fit the pas reservoir forward to the slam panel area.

or, food for thought, if you are going all out on a shaved bay then why not convert to electric pas pump, you could hide that under the battery arch area.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by speedingmofa View Post
    Taarks makes a bracket to swap the a/c pump with the PAS. It's an a/c delete.
    http://www.taarks.com/Power_Steering...relo-s15sr.htm
    Cheers dude thats great

Quote Originally Posted by norfy View Post
    why move the alternator to the turbo side? surely just leave it where it is or drop it if you want to try and hide it. as said Taarks bracket is already available for dropping the pas pump and you can fit the pas reservoir forward to the slam panel area.

or, food for thought, if you are going all out on a shaved bay then why not convert to electric pas pump, you could hide that under the battery arch area.
    for some reason i thought "oh that will shorten the lines, that will be better..." but then I realised that realistically that will just mean I need a PAS cooler so thats more stuff to have to hide lol.

I'm considering EPAS. My mates about to finish his Nova Rally car and that has a corsa B rack and controller. It's super tidy. I'm going to drive it round the block (After bribery with hobnobs... or hobnobbing). See how it feels

Rides
    I had the TAARKS kit on mine. Worked well