Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: The 2017 SXOC Weekender 4-6 August Track and Drift!!!

Rides
    Really enjoyed the weekend guys, well put together with plenty of tracktime. Shame the weather and my brakes were against me . Looking forward to the next one already.

Rides

The 2017 SXOC Weekender 4-6 August Track and Drift!!!

Well done to all involved with cooking and especially organising. Hopefully Kieran will do the next one too top job as always. looking forward to seeing some pics of my white Kouki on track.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jon200; 07-08-2017 at 08:35.

Rides
    Fantastic weekender IMO.
    Great team behind the scenes organising this event.

Highlight of my weekend was getting Daz black flagged for having a Pink car with brown wheels!

Rides
    Top weekend had by me - I was a little down as I didn't have the 180.
    But getting the Focus out for a few laps at the end of the day was a hoot - officially the slowest thing I've ever tracked
    You know the tracks slippy when even a 1.6 estate is spinning up in 3rd....

Thanks for all the effort by the organisers, looking forward to the next one already

Rides
    Cracking weekender as always! Thanks to Kieran and all who made it possible!
    Cheers all

You only need two tools in life - wd-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the wd-40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape.

And if you can't fix it with a hammer,you've got an electrical problem!

Rides
    thanks for an excellent Weekender guys! Really appreciate the hard work and effort that goes into arrranging things for us

Rides
    Right then i'm over my pout from not getting the 200 ready now...

Top work by Kieran for getting it all pulled together and more to the point keeping it all running smoothly all weekend

Thanks to everyone that chipped in and made light work of otherwise mundane and boring tasks (cooking,cleaning setting up and packing up etc) it really does help massively if we have numbers to help in all of these tasks.

Was very pleased that we had no major incidents over the weekend and with the exception of a drifter no one did any lasting damage.

Shame that there were quite a few people that didn't come down to the tent in the evening to join in with the social side of things, but can understand as there was no real entertainment going on to draw them in. Think that nearly everyone in the marquee were part of the usual crowd though so were just catching up with more background music than the usual rave tent lol
    After the Fire drum got going it helped draw in some new people though so just goes to prove fire is a must.

Sorry i didn't get to speak to everyone but i have no idea where the time went on Saturday! it was a complete blur after i started on the beer after lunch lol

Special thanks to PDH for being my driver all weekend and putting me up in his tent too lol
    Quote Originally Posted by sideways14a View Post
    Christ i would bang that harder than a barn door in a hurricane.

Rides
    Many thanks to everyone involved in organising the weekender and Helmingham, I had a great time

Rides
    HUGE thanks to Kieran and the rest of the SXOC Staff and crew for organising another successful Weekender
    A little different this time with some of the usual gang missing, but still having not seen folks for 2 years (or more in some cases) was fab to catch up with everyone. Sure made me realize, just how much I miss y'all and the Club too.

Looking forward to next years, in whatever guise or track in which it materializes.

Top job guys (this event alone, justifies the membership ).

Cheers.

A (& Bristol Blue/Steve)

Rides

Cool

Just like to add my penny's worth and say a big thank you to Kieran and the rest of the SOXC guys for organising a fantastic weekendMe and the Misses had a great time and as newbies where made to feel very welcome. Looking forward to doing it again next year and may very well join you for Le Mans2018 as well

Rides
    Gutted I missed the night stuff/social. One of the best parts IMHO.

Was good to catch up:-)

Kieren. Clint etc top job

Self confessed player of the pink oboe docwra's Avatar
    Rides
    Cracking weekend, as with other much thanks go out to those that shopped, cooked and cleared up and massive props to the jock ****er, its a thankless task organising this I tell ye.

My 135i was epic but oil still getting hot despite now having two oil coolers, MR2 reminded me how beautifully balanced it is and will now have some moneys spent on it and had a good thrash of my mates M5 too, left TC on but Jesus that thing is something else.

Drifting was a good addition, gave us something to watch when cars were cooling down and weather just made things more interesting IMO, I think someone could do with explaining the difference between catching a slide and drifting to the marshalls though, heard a few people (myself included) complaining of being black flagged when the only other option was spinning or stopping dead on track.

Same time next year folks?
    Quote Originally Posted by scimmy ben
    I get the feeling that this would only work if we could pursuade Ernest Borgnine to drive the Isle of Wight to Portsmouth hovercraft.
    Quote Originally Posted by sprout
    After I shave my balls swarfega helps soothe, but means the hair grows back quite quickly, so give it a go

Rides
    Currently scrabble powered - Leon Cupra 280

Rides
    Did any 200's put up a fight? Is that *****'s blue one getting passed ?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Evilchap View Post
    That car of yours was a bit quick
    All credit to Seat considering the driver some of my lines made me wince although I stand by my (poor) excuse that I was having fun and getting to know the car

Rides
    You were going pretty well - was fun chasing you in the wet, I was nowhere when it was drying up!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Evilchap View Post
    You were going pretty well - was fun chasing you in the wet, I was nowhere when it was drying up!
    Yes, you gave me the motivation to get a move on in the wet, great fun

Rides
    Top work by everyone involved with organising behind the scenes. Was a great weekend and great to catchup with everyone too.

Quote Originally Posted by p.nicholas View Post
    Highlight of my weekend was getting Daz black flagged for having a Pink car with brown wheels!

lol

Rides
    Pretty sure that 200 at the start of the second vid was me, I saw that coming and I didn't even bother, didn't you chase after an EVO aswell?

Really happy with how my car performed though, even though I wasent on my preferred wheels and my brakes have now had it haha. Good fun.