Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which clutch and why

Rides

Which clutch and why

Guys I want to know your preferences on clutches I'm running 300bhp 247lb torque ish

Mostly street use but occasional track bitch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stu@GarageSR, Aberdeen GarageSR's Avatar
    Rides
    For that power a Competition Clutch 6 puck sprung paddle would be ideal, its rated far higher so will cope with any future power increases and have been proven quality time and time again. It will take a little getting used to at first for road use (as any paddle will) but they are not harsh on the leg and easily useable around town, once you get used to the on/off nature. I can supply you one for £299 delivered
    Last edited by GarageSR; 03-02-2017 at 17:40.

Clickme

Rides
    6 puck light switch ??

ACT Heavy Duty organic ALL DAY LONG !

Rides
    What make clutch is that ? If good o will get one end of the month when I get my bonus ����

Rides
    Light switch ???

Rides
    On or off !

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Gazwould View Post
    6 puck light switch ??

ACT Heavy Duty organic ALL DAY LONG !
    Yes, admittedly nowhere near as bad as some others but as a first time user it can feel a bit on/off, but many of our customers use this clutch in their daily and get on well with it and will serve him well if he wants to do the odd drift day here and there. The ACT is undoubtedly a good clutch also but its roughly £150 dearer and I don't feel that it warrants the extra money. OP, of course if you would prefer an organic we can supply one for £270

Clickme

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by GarageSR View Post
    Yes, admittedly nowhere near as bad as some others but as a first time user it can feel a bit on/off, but many of our customers use this clutch in their daily and get on well with it and will serve him well if he wants to do the odd drift day here and there. The ACT is undoubtedly a good clutch also but its roughly £150 dearer and I don't feel that it warrants the extra money. OP, of course if you would prefer an organic we can supply one for £270

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by tricky890 View Post
    I will go with your suggestion as I've heard good stuff about garage SR

Rides
    I will go with your suggestion as I've heard good stuff about garage SR

Thanks, good to hear that people are saying nice things about us :P

Clickme

Rides
    Anyone know anything about the AC competition clutch white bunny kit?? Comes with a flywheel but they are only like £314 quid seems to good to be true ! What everyone else think ???

Rides
    Anyone know anything about the AC competition clutch white bunny kit?? Comes with a flywheel but they are only like £314 quid seems to good to be true ! What everyone else think ???

They are a decent kit but there are a few key points that you should take into consideration before buying. They don't have anywhere near the power handling capability of the stage 4 6 puck kit although they do use a larger diameter disc at 250mm compared to 240mm(iirc its around 400hp on the white bunny with the 6puck disc, 300 with the organic disc....the stage 4 6 puck is something silly like 650hp), the clutch cover used in the white bunny kits is an oem grade Z32 one so doesn't have anywhere near the clamping force of the massively uprated cover that comes with the stage 4 6 puck kit. Also, the flywheel isn't massively lightened as its a stock cast steel item that's had a bit of weight shaved off (9kg standard, white bunny 7.6kg, CC chromoly lightened flywheel 4.6kg). This I imagine is to combat the extra weight from using the bigger disc, and therefore cover also, that I mentioned earlier but don't quote me on that.

All in all a decent upgrade for road use but not in the same league as the stage4 kit. I can do you the white bunny kit with the 6 puck disc for the SXOC members price of £300 delivered

Clickme

Rides

Which clutch and why

Quote Originally Posted by GarageSR View Post
    They are a decent kit but there are a few key points that you should take into consideration before buying. They don't have anywhere near the power handling capability of the stage 4 6 puck kit although they do use a larger diameter disc at 250mm compared to 240mm(iirc its around 400hp on the white bunny with the 6puck disc, 300 with the organic disc....the stage 4 6 puck is something silly like 650hp), the clutch cover used in the white bunny kits is an oem grade Z32 one so doesn't have anywhere near the clamping force of the massively uprated cover that comes with the stage 4 6 puck kit. Also, the flywheel isn't massively lightened as its a stock cast steel item that's had a bit of weight shaved off (9kg standard, white bunny 7.6kg, CC chromoly lightened flywheel 4.6kg). This I imagine is to combat the extra weight from using the bigger disc, and therefore cover also, that I mentioned earlier but don't quote me on that.

All in all a decent upgrade for road use but not in the same league as the stage4 kit. I can do you the white bunny kit with the 6 puck disc for the SXOC members price of £300 delivered
    Realistically then I need to go for the stage 4 6 puc that you mentioned before I think I will get one of those and keep the stock flywheel how do I order one ?

Rides
    Realistically then I need to go for the stage 4 6 puc that you mentioned before I think I will get one of those and keep the stock flywheel how do I order one ?

PM incoming

Clickme

Rides
    I had an ACT heavy duty 6-puk clutch in my old car and although it wasn't a daily driver, it wasn't horrendous. It was tricky in slow traffic but otherwise quite easy to live with.

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    For that power level I'd always recommend the act he organic. Drives like stock and will hold 350bhp
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Omg too many choices I dunno what to do now

Rides
    It's not a daily driver I only use it on a weekend and for trips to tracks etc

Rides
    For me on my road car I decided never to even think paddle clutch after a few friends had them. Organic all the way. Think of reversing in and out of a tight carpark before you decide. Pain in the hoop with a paddle clutch. But if depends on what you want and what you can live with. For me I wanted a road car that was quick but was as easily and as near as comfortable as the standard car. I run 311bhp/309 lbs-ft for the last 7 years. 300 was my goal and I never intended to go past it. Like everything, is depends on what you want and like everything, it's all about compromises. Also don't worry what the BHP rating is on a clutch, you want to be looking at the torque rating.

Ah okay, just read that it's not your daily.........but still decide on what you want with the car...
    Last edited by markcro; 03-02-2017 at 21:36.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by markcro View Post
    For me on my road car I decided never to even think paddle clutch after a few friends had them. Organic all the way. Think of reversing in and out of a tight carpark before you decide. Pain in the hoop with a paddle clutch. But if depends on what you want and what you can live with. For me I wanted a road car that was quick but was as easily and as near as comfortable as the standard car. I run 311bhp/309 lbs-ft for the last 7 years. 300 was my goal and I never intended to go past it. Like everything, is depends on what you want and like everything, it's all about compromises. Also don't worry what the BHP rating is on a clutch, you want to be looking at the torque rating.

Ah okay, just read that it's not your daily.........but still decide on what you want with the car...
    Good advice mate thank you .
    I have however got an exedy organic and it's slipping like a bitch so that's where my predicament is