Thread: Wiring loom help

Rides

Wiring loom help

Right iv got a S14 vvt, iv got a zenki sr20 G4 Link ecu..... and iv got a wiring loom, that fits the ecu but not the engine....

I haven't got a plug for the alternator attached to the loom, and the knock sensor plug doesn't fit my plug...

Is there 2 different types of wiring harness, is there more that one per engine etc!??

Any help would be great..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Rides
    I thought the black top s13 sr20det ecu had the same plug as the s14 zenki but wiring is different.
    If the plug fits into the ecu u can probably re-pin and have it functioning still. You'll be missing vct though... but with the Link, shouldn't be a problem.

Take pictures of the knock sensor, i'm pretty sure its the same as lots of non nissan injector plugs ( i might have one! ). For the alternator, i'm sure somebody can help you out finding the right plugs. Finding a zenki complete engine loom is much harder.... and expensive as they've only been produced for 2 yrs

Rides
    That sounds about right..... me picking an awkward one

I can connect everything except the knock sensor because the plugs look the same but its ever so slightly different, and I haven't even got an alternator plug on mine, and I also haven't got the correct oil pressure sensor connector which makes me think there must be another loom to connect to mine?

I am going to order a load of wiring plugs once I find out what goes where exactly.

iv been on the owners manual and come across another loom which looks like what I need?

Rides

Rides
    thats the start/charge/gearbox loom. youll need that.

have you got pictures of your engine loom. as stated earlier it could be that youve got a s13 sr20det loom which would sort of fit up but the iacv and knock sensor have different connectors.

also sr knock sensors have a short 8" sub loom. just wondering if you are missing that part and thinking it should plug straight up to the knock sensr

Rides
    yeah iv got the short loom on the knock sensor but its the one from the loom that goes to that that's slightly different.

il go home tonight and take photos of the that and the rest of the plugs on the loom. Atleast I now know im not being stupid and deffo need the starter/charge/gearbox loom lol....

I take it there are 2 different 76pin looms for these by the sounds of it? mine for the ECU is a 4-3-3-3.

Rides
    tbh I just made my own start charge loom. you only really need the alternator plug and they seem to be common across old nissans. s13 s14 s15 is the same.
    then just put your own plug on the speedo wires. the rest you don't really need.

norfy is the main man when it comes to old Nissan wiring.

Rides
    These are the plugs on my loom, have I even got the right loom? As you can see the knock sensor plug is on the opposite to mine, it won't go in, and iv got various plugs that I don't know what goes where... some of the plugs fit fine like the CAS sensor & the VTC sensor, injector loom fits fine to this loom, coil pack loom doesn't fit my loom but that's probably because I haven't even got the ignitor yet :-/

I deffo need that lower starter/charger/transmission loom

Rides
    God i hope you didn't pay big money for that loom it's in pieces!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by speedingmofa View Post
    God i hope you didn't pay big money for that loom it's in pieces!

£80 from Slide.... I can add new connectors like this but I need to make sure iv actually got the correct loom & what else I need etc....

Rides
    on first glance that looks like a skyline loom. The blue/white stripe wire in the lambda sensor connector, the earth ring lugs next to the throttle body connectors, the blue wires in the cas, two clear knock sensor cables in the 6 pin grey connector..... infact on that alone, yes it is a rb25det r33 engine loom. i could go on with the differences

you need a sr engine loom dude

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by norfy View Post
    on first glance that looks like a skyline loom. The blue/white stripe wire in the lambda sensor connector, the earth ring lugs next to the throttle body connectors, the blue wires in the cas, two clear knock sensor cables in the 6 pin grey connector..... infact on that alone, yes it is a rb25det r33 engine loom. i could go on with the differences

so iv been sent the wrong loom then :-(

Rides
    iv just sent slide motors a message anyway so il see if they will take it back and send me the right one

Rides
    yeah matt will be fine, just tell him norfy has had a look at it

Rides
    Total mix up our end, not really sure why that loom got sent but at somepoint it's been labeled incorrectly. As above tho it's on its way back to us and a correct loom will be sent
    SLIDEMOTORSPORT - Find us in the traders section or call 01977 647277

Rides
    Yeah all good, it's no worries at all I'm just glad I'm not going insane with the extra plugs on the loom haha.

Cheers

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by norfy View Post

Very good eye!

Glad it's being rectified Dan Hope to hear that thing of yours roaring soon!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by speedingmofa View Post
    Very good eye!

Glad it's being rectified Dan Hope to hear that thing of yours roaring soon!

Yeah mate all sorted hopefully.

Can't wait now haha