Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Luke's S14a Full Restoration - S14 OOH

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Chriscooke View Post
    Good choice on the engine
    It's annoying the amount they've shot up in price since I first started this, should have pulled the trigger sooner, but hindsight.

The wait is killing me now haha! Should be with me in March at the latest.

--

Also - If anyone has a decent rear brake setup (R33 etc) for sale drop me a PM please!

Rides
    Nice update! ��

Question: Are those new rear hubs? Not the bearing but the part with the studs? If so where did you source them please?

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by LukeShepp View Post
    It's annoying the amount they've shot up in price since I first started this, should have pulled the trigger sooner, but hindsight.

The wait is killing me now haha! Should be with me in March at the latest.

--

Also - If anyone has a decent rear brake setup (R33 etc) for sale drop me a PM please!

Anything skyline related has shot up in price now they’re getting the cars in the states it seems. For the cost I’d of likely gone with a v8 and boosted it, not exactly Jdm though
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by The Simps View Post
    Nice update! ��

Question: Are those new rear hubs? Not the bearing but the part with the studs? If so where did you source them please?
    They are yeah - got them from JDM Garage, they're both part of the same assembly - the part with the studs and the bearing together (even though the picture shows just the flange part)

https://www.jdmgarageuk.com/hardrace...l-bearing.html

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Rides
    They are yeah - got them from JDM Garage, they're both part of the same assembly - the part with the studs and the bearing together (even though the picture shows just the flange part)

https://www.jdmgarageuk.com/hardrace...l-bearing.html

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    Ah nice, thank you!

So ignore the JDM garage listing pic, they come as the hub pre-pressed into a new bearing?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by The Simps View Post
    Ah nice, thank you!

So ignore the JDM garage listing pic, they come as the hub pre-pressed into a new bearing?
    Yeah exactly that I queried it before ordering mine, they checked the part code with Hardrace and it matched up with the hub+bearing together, and that's what I received.

Could always confirm with them again though - they said the picture would be getting updated but doesn't look like it has

Rides
    Yeah exactly that I queried it before ordering mine, they checked the part code with Hardrace and it matched up with the hub+bearing together, and that's what I received.

Could always confirm with them again though - they said the picture would be getting updated but doesn't look like it has

You are a gent, thank you!

Rides
    i just cant believe you've gone through all the effort of having the welding done so nicely just to throw on some fiberglass quarters.

Rides
    So!

With Covid throwing a spanner in getting things done down at the unit for now, I best update where we are currently.

I wasn't happy with the finish on the stub axles, without a blast cabinet there was only so much prep I could do with a dremel and it wasn't the best. So I took them to be blasted and powder coated, and it's come out much better.

For fuelling, I've got a 450lph pump and PTFE braided hose:

Found a BMW battery cable on ebay, so I grabbed that to see what the length would be like. It runs from the boot to dash, it might be an inch or two short but won't know until I get a battery positioned and the fuse box mounted in it's final position.

And then tidying up the wiring on the parcel shelf removing the 20 year old crusty tape and replacing with the Tesa loom tape

Rides
    Nice work, you may want to remove the coating on the mating surface off the drive shafts.

Rides
    This is crazy crazy. Just looked through the whole thread today, I'm amazed by the work that's gone into the car. Looks amazing mate! I'm taking some hints for certain welding for myself too