Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Luke's S14a Full Restoration - S14 OOH

Rides
    Exciting update!!

Custom metal wings are being made up. I wanted them wide and vented - but left Steve to it with how they looked, and the first one has come out really good. The vent is shaped like carbon one on the r34 one in the first picture. Much prefer this look over FRP, it saves time in the bodyshop over having to make the FRP fit (it was so far out), and they're sure to be unique!

Last edited by LukeShepp; 16-04-2018 at 17:52.

Rides
    Whoever is your fab guy has some major skills looks mint

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by ps13 kris View Post
    Whoever is your fab guy has some major skills looks mint
    Steve @ SR Autobodies - and I agree, the work is amazing.

Fingers crossed this weekend, weather permitting we can get it down to the body shop!

A couple of pictures of the drivers wing finished fabrication:

And then starting on the passenger wing. I had to pick another wing up as we cut mine off right at the beginning because it was so rotten!

We've got a radiator sorted at this stage of the build as it needed a bit of modification to the slam panel, and rather do that now than then having to put a grinder to fresh paint. The radiator is custom built for an RB s14 to fit under the slam panel - by J's Garage. One of the issues with putting an RB in the s-body is space, more-so when using a decent sized radiator and fans. Having the radiator under the slam panel gives back a good amount of room in the bay.

And then a couple of pictures of the passenger side with skirt and over fender in place

Last edited by LukeShepp; 16-04-2018 at 17:52.

Rides
    Just been reading through your whole thread today and WOW! Steve is a very talented fabricator!

With going metal on the front, I guess doing something similar on the rear is now out of the question? Keep as much metal as possible kinda thing??

Update please, please, please!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by The Simps View Post
    Just been reading through your whole thread today and WOW! Steve is a very talented fabricator!

With going metal on the front, I guess doing something similar on the rear is now out of the question? Keep as much metal as possible kinda thing??

Update please, please, please!
    The rear will be having the fibreglass over fenders, not blended in, but held in place with rivnuts. They'll be fully removable, to clean underneath etc. Them being fibreglass won't let the car down, and won't have the finish of the typical overfender that gets rivetted on - they will be prepped to the same standard as the rest of the car

The shell is sat in the bodyshop at Big Bear Kustoms ready to be started on - Although I do have the doors sat in my front room, house is full of car parts at the minute

Shouldn't be long now until we start getting some bodywork updates posted up!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Rides
    Incredible work. So so extensive and it's going to be incredible once done!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by L16JAY View Post
    Incredible work. So so extensive and it's going to be incredible once done!
    Thanks bud, been watching yours for a while

Not much to update on, Chris @ Big Bear Kustoms is a couple of weekends behind because of some unexpected work on another car, these things happen, but shouldn't be too long, the wait to see it in paint is killing me!

Has anyone got a genuine kouki spoiler that's not beyond repair??

Rides
    Updates!

Chris @ Big Bear Kustoms has had some time on the shell, the front wings are coming up really good!

We've also had some work put in on the rear quarters:

And some work on the bay too. We're aiming for it to have a smoothed look, other than that, Chris has fairly free reign!

Last edited by LukeShepp; 16-04-2018 at 17:51.

Rides
    What's the final colour of the car going to be ?
    Looks mint everything that's been done

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by ps13 kris View Post
    What's the final colour of the car going to be ?
    Looks mint everything that's been done
    It's going TV3 Brilliant Blue Pearl

Rides
    Only a brief update this time. As with everything, there's other jobs and commitments that get in the way, so progress is slow currently.

The wings have taken shape more, and Leon @ EPRacing dropped off a genuine DMax carbon bonnet which looks perfect with the custom wings!

Last edited by LukeShepp; 16-04-2018 at 17:50.

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Nice update look forward to it being in paint.
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    There is some fantastic work in this thread, keep up with it and it will really pay off in the end?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigShow View Post
    Reach arounds are more my thing, I don't like the taste...

Rides
    Nice build.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rides
    🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩
    Just read the whole thread!!
    Fantastic to see one being saved!!
    The fabrication work is stunning and your commitment to a top quality finish is admirable!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My S14.5 Rebuild Thread - clicky --
    http://www.sxoc.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=468362

Rides
    It's been a while! I've not abandoned this!

Bodyshop has had some setbacks on projects that were booked before mine so unfortunately it's meant this has had to get pushed back too. Should be updating pretty often now (fingers crossed!)

Few pictures on the current progress, wings are almost ready, the welds on the back have been protected with some fiberglass.

Bodykit has started being worked on

And the smoothed engine bay isn't far off either!

Hoping over the next month or so we'll see some colour

Also got a blasted r33 non-gtr subframe ready

Rides
    And I've just had the fun of going through every single post fixing all images, moving some from photobucket to postimage, and moving the rest from postimage.org to postimage.cc as .org doesn't seem to exist any more! The joys. But all images should be back up

Rides
    Wow, this is special. I've never seen so much of a car being replaced, you might have been better starting fresh and building a new one! I'm sure Steve's fab skills would be up to the challenge, superb workmanship.
    Your car is in good hands with Chris. But, yeah, he's working at maximum capacity right now, so it might take a while but it will be worth it.

Rides
    A few more updates filtering through from Chris, I've sent down a few bits - door and boot catches, so things can start being lined up.

Wings, boot and doors are now in filler primer, and even just in this primer, can't believe how good the wings Steve made look

And then onto making the bodykit fit. The overfenders will be held on with rivnuts, they've just got pins in at the moment to get it lined up and the edges tidied up.

The sideskirts aren't the best fit, so they've had to be tweaked a bit, and the gap between overfender and sideskirt has been closed up slightly to give a more flush fit.

Also starting on smoothing down the rear quarters, we don't want to see ripples in the fibreglass once painted!

Rides
    To start with the parts stock piling, I've got myself an RB25 gearbox, with a Nismo short shifter setup

Started on cleaning it up ready for a coat of paint, but it's turned into a long job trying to get it spotless