Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Noise Complaint Council

Rides

Noise Complaint Council

Hey guys, just firing this out here. I received a noise warning from the council for my car idling excessively in a private car park, literally 1 to 2 minutes when I come home depending how I've been driving.

I've contacted my landlord and he has heard nothing and from his response he doesn't really care and he thinks he knows who it is and they have a reputation for pettiness by the sounds of it.

To anyone who doesn't know me or my car it's a 1996 Nissan 180sx SR20DET completely standard engine wise, the only thing is a Kakimoto Catback exhaust, which as you guys know isn't even loud. I have a friend with straight through twin shotguns which I'm tempted to slap on for a day to wind her up.

Anyone had complaints like this before?

How was it dealt with & what was the outcome?

Rides
    You should not even need to idle it at all. Drive it home normally as I assume you live in a town. Turn it off everyone is happy. Idling would make no difference at all to the car, the drive in town is the cool down.

Rides
    iv had a similar thing with my Evo, snotty nosed old biddy constantly peering out the window while my car was running or I was working on the car...

mine was to do with "visual effect" as it said.... basically nights like lately where it is dark by 5pm I used to go home, open my garage door with the light on (basic garage lighting) and work on the car IN THE GARAGE until probably around 9-10pm..... but because my bitch of a neighbour lived directly opposite she said to the council that the light is too bright from my garage when it is dark.... nevermind the actual lamppost that was outside her window???!!

this didn't go any further with the council as they came round and found that she was completely mental haha...

The council will not do anything about noise for months, iv been trying to get my next door neighbour done for her dog barking early hours of the morning & waking my son.... looks like rat poison & dog treats are my only option now :-)

Rides
    Pettiness guys, ignore the idiots. Noise compaints are unjustified unless its very late at night. People like this have nothing better to do with their time and as such have to fill it by complaining about minor things. The council will recognise this and not do a damn thing.

Rides
    The council can't do anything, excessive noise complaints need lots of evidence of noise that lasts for long periods (ie, having a banging party every night during the week)
    I'm surprised the council even bothered to respond to such a nonsense complaint personally.

If I were you I'd write back and inform them that the car is not idling for long periods, not excessively loud and you are being victimised by a nasty neighbour.

Rides
    Aye i wouldnt worry however you really dont need to let it sit idling either.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by SXRORY View Post
    You should not even need to idle it at all. Drive it home normally as I assume you live in a town. Turn it off everyone is happy. Idling would make no difference at all to the car, the drive in town is the cool down.
    Also do this, but don't let the nasty neighbour get one over on you, because they'll only be back moaning at you for something else.

Rides
    I'm not worried as per say, just wanted to know your guys opinions. I'm debating writing out a letter with sound and emissions tests attached and shoving it through every door in our complex. Fitting shotguns to my car for a day so when she complains I'll revert back to the catback and she'll look barking mad. Say she's victimising me is a good shout. My 180sx hasn't been here since early December I've been driving a 1.0L E K12 Micra, maybe she thinks that is too loud

Rides
    If i were you I wouldnt wasted another second on that drop kick.

Rides
    fancie having the 2017 Weekender in your car park lol

Rides
    I've had a similar situation with my 2000 Nissan k11 micra, with is straight piped with no cat (only a field car) and we hoon it even when it's cold, if it blows up it blows up... We live in a small village called beckley and there's a Facebook page called the beckley village voice or something, and a woman who's known for being annoyed far petty matters posted about a very loud vehicle (a.k.a jdm as f*ck) coming from our direction. And that she could here it even with her windows shut..Part of me feels guilty but the cars a blast to drive, and we are half a mile from any real 'civilisation'. But on the other hand there is a public footpath that runs through our land and practically passes our track and people have stopped and stared at the monstrosity of a car but no complaints have been filed. Yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rides

Rides

Rides

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by SXRORY View Post
    This

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by bennyboy View Post
    fancie having the 2017 Weekender in your car park lol
    That has been tempting to invite a few friends over with loud obnoxious cars for a cup of tea.

Quote Originally Posted by sx rider r17t View Post
    If i were you I wouldnt wasted another second on that drop kick.
    Agreed.

Council got back to me today, basically they have no proof, no one has seen or heard my car and it's pure allegation at the moment and they only sent the letter so they could get my side of the story.

Rides
    Car meet anyone?! My car isn't that loud either but it is very low frequency so the noise echoes off buildings quite badly.

Props to the people who live near my parents, I spent 2 months solid up to christmas working on my car every day til 2 in the morning. Bought a box of chocolates for every adjoining neighbour. Turns out they were either too polite to say, or they heard nothing! In the end one of them said they liked that I was out there so late keeping burglars away!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by vanepico View Post
    Car meet anyone?! My car isn't that loud either but it is very low frequency so the noise echoes off buildings quite badly.

Props to the people who live near my parents, I spent 2 months solid up to christmas working on my car every day til 2 in the morning. Bought a box of chocolates for every adjoining neighbour. Turns out they were either too polite to say, or they heard nothing! In the end one of them said they liked that I was out there so late keeping burglars away!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    I don't even work on my car here either, that'd super piss her off.

SXOC welcome for cups of tea anytime!

Rides
    As noise is so directional, you will find if you turn the car 90deg or 180deg it will massively alter the dB readings anyway. Possibly reversing the car so exhaust points away from old Doris would make a big effect and keep her curtains from twitching.

As has been said tho a gentle 2-3 miles off boost is all thats required along with reasonable oil change intervals (30,000 miles is too long ;-) ) to keep engine and turbo healthy

Rides
    Another vote for "just switch the feckin' thing off" I'm afraid.

What seems reasonable to you can be a right wind up to someone else.

I had a "visitor" to a neighbouring house used to park his house below my daughters window in his Eurobox with wet-fart exhaust. He'd come out every night at 11pm and wait 5 minutes while his windows defrosted/he rolled a fag/had a frustration ****/whatever.

Having someone like that waking a little girl every night who's got to get up at 6 am to go to school....

Two sides to every argument is all I'm saying.