Thread: need an alarm fitting s15 spec s. haylp

Rides

need an alarm fitting s15 spec s. haylp

hi. i have been stitched up with an alarm install, a so called decent reliable top bloke was reccomended by a mate to fit my toad alarm. talked the talk but thats about it. he spent less than half a day on it with a joint hanging out of his mouth, installed the easy bits then packed up and said he would finish it the next day. that was months ago. i dont even want him back to finish the job. luckily i didnt give him any money... now im in a predicament where i need to get someone who knows what they are doing to finish the job but no body wants to touch it. (unsuprisingly) as far as i know nothing was actually wired in, i fitted the sounder and bonnet pin, ran the ultrasonics and led. mr halfarsed mounted the unit plugged the plugs in and as far as i can tell that was about it. i think all i need is the unit powering up and earthing, central locking hook up, door and boot open pins connecting, indicator flash and immobilisation circuits wiring in to finish. all the leg work is done just need someone with some wiring know how to do the important bits.
    so how about it? anyone fancy a nice little wiring job?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by shifty biscuits View Post
    hi. i have been stitched up with an alarm install, a so called decent reliable top bloke was reccomended by a mate to fit my toad alarm. talked the talk but thats about it. he spent less than half a day on it with a joint hanging out of his mouth, installed the easy bits then packed up and said he would finish it the next day. that was months ago. i dont even want him back to finish the job. luckily i didnt give him any money... now im in a predicament where i need to get someone who knows what they are doing to finish the job but no body wants to touch it. (unsuprisingly) as far as i know nothing was actually wired in, i fitted the sounder and bonnet pin, ran the ultrasonics and led. mr halfarsed mounted the unit plugged the plugs in and as far as i can tell that was about it. i think all i need is the unit powering up and earthing, central locking hook up, door and boot open pins connecting, indicator flash and immobilisation circuits wiring in to finish. all the leg work is done just need someone with some wiring know how to do the important bits.
    so how about it? anyone fancy a nice little wiring job?
    Just fit it yourself mate, there is plenty of guides online how to fit alarm systems etc... I just fitted a Clifford Concept 450 to my E30, never done one before but it was pretty simple, mine even has a keypad for a code you have to install.

Rides
    i have been looking into it but the s15 wiring diagrams fry my brain. i may take a look today and see what i can figure out...

Rides
    anyone up for it? i had a look the other day and realised i was in over my head...

Rides
    do you not need the certificate of installation for your insurance?

alarms are pretty easy, for an s15 I would just go look at the car for the wires needed and not bother with the diagrams.
    perm live off the ignition switch
    cut the feed to the starter from the ignition switch
    splice into hazard circuit. or like the numpty that previously fitted mine just into one side of the indicators.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by green_rs13 View Post
    do you not need the certificate of installation for your insurance?

alarms are pretty easy, for an s15 I would just go look at the car for the wires needed and not bother with the diagrams.
    perm live off the ignition switch
    cut the feed to the starter from the ignition switch
    splice into hazard circuit. or like the numpty that previously fitted mine just into one side of the indicators.
    No need for the cert. It's just for peace of mind and central locking really. Would the immobiliser relays in the alarm unit be up to the job to immobilise the starter motor circuit? It's quite high amp is it not? I have had separate relays in the circuit in past vehicles..

Rides
    i used In car advancements for my S15. They did a good job of fitting a Clifford 650 to mine a couple of years back. I recently emailed them regarding fitting some upgrades and they remembered the car and were very helpful. Not sure if they're close to you but may be worth a look at.

Rides
    i will google em ta. problem im having is most companies dont want to come and install it because someone has had a go at it already. really i just need someone with more wiring skill than me to do it as there is a fair bit im not sure about.