Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Nissan Cedric GT

Rides

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by arry View Post
    It doesn't like UK roads. The ball joints wear very quick and it gives some frankly downright dangerous handling characteristics. My R32 joints were shot through (yet somehow passed the MOT no bother) and it tried to kill me on a regular basis. Sorting it made it a different car, but even after relatively little mileage I could feel them wearing out again.
    Yet in seven years I never had any issue with my R33 after I repaired it and found it worked really well. Different set up maybe. Funny enough some of the Renaults are bringing this back in there new range of Clios.

Rides

Nissan Cedric GT

Ok, so been away from all my cars for a bit, but hopefully should be back to getting things done. Had a spare few hours yesterday so thought I'd do a few little bits to the old girl!

I know opinion is varied on these but fitted a voltage stabiliser to see if it would stop my hunting for revs when I pull up to lights and generally improve idle

So now got extra earths to the alternator, slam panel and bulk head

Hasn't resolved the hunting for revs issue, but has made idle a lot stronger, also made my stereo a lot clearer too.

Also managed to get round to fitting my blue foam to my filter at long last and outed the green

Only thing I'm finding is it's impossible to get all the blues to match, but I think that's something I'm going to have to live with

Also decided to sort out my horrible yellow and dull interior lights

Before

After

Just made my own using some smd boards I had laying around

Ripped out the stock bulbs

Soldered in the new boards

Stuck them in position with the hot glue gun

And hey presto

Then decided to attack my carbon canister too, first bit of space I've managed to free up so far, think that'll be perfect now for my greddy catch can

All gone

Have now created a different issue though, not sure if it's removing the catch can or not, but now in normal mode it's revving up to 6.5/7k revs before changing gear instead of its usual 3.5/4K? Any ideas of why would be much appreciated haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rides
    Not really an update but the car is now up for sale, if you or anybody you know might be interested in this super rare and massively understated Japanese beast drop me a pm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk