Thread: Anyone else work in retail?

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides

Anyone else work in retail?

I've just got home from work after a complete ball bag of a day. I work for a food retailer and the stores 200% up on a normal week using the regular number of staff and to top it off we even had someone mangled by a car in the carpark

So out of interest anyone else suffering the same kind of pain while many others are off enjoying themselves??
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    I've been told I should never work in retail. But I am on night shifts until Christmas eve.

I do not envy anyone who works in retail at this time of year.

Rides
    My Other half works in retail, she like you probably has it really rough, she works for a cosmetics company and the closer we get to Christmas the more abuse she suffers becuase people leaving their shopping to last minute and inevitably stock runs out yet it's her fault somehow and literally has people have tantrums at the counter, this year is particularly bad with her dad recently passing then a week later being involved in a car accident she is particularly delicate.

Rides
    Michelle has been working 8 to midnight for the last 2 weeks (including weekends) at Broomfield A&E.

Working this weekend too.

I'm about to go to the shop, feel for people working retail, but could be worse (NHS)

Rides
    worked in retail for about a year, now working as a software engineer/sys admin

basically two opposite roles lol

Rides
    I know 2 people that have been laid off this week. Busy is better ;-)

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Rides
    Not worked in retail since i was 16 and desperate for a job when i left school.

I worked for couriers from the 17-22 as a loader/unloader not driver, first being UPS who were quite well prepared and had extra agency staff to compensate, lots of overtime and even though it was rammed we still got it done. Next was Tesco distribution which was awful, minimum wage, pump trucks running round like mad all day, next was City Link which was even worse as they were never prepared and couldn't afford the extra staff so everyone was stressed and working overtime at the weekend for customer collection was awful, getting screamed at by people because they've missed deliveries and had to come to collect.

Now all i get to moan about is my commute to work taking slightly longer each day.

Rides
    Facilities Manager 3 x Shopping Malls. That's is all

Rides
    Currently faults manager for the electricity board.... From 8am this morning until 8am tomorrow morning...

Missed the daughter's bed time/santa routine and pretty much everything Christmas related with the kiddie.

Be another 5 yrs before its my turn be on call again Christmas eve, so that's a positive

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    So many people have horrid shift patterns this time of year, you tend to forget. I got out of work for 10pm tonight so can't complain too much. Really feel for those that have young kids who are missing out.
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Can't tell the difference cleanhands's Avatar
    Rides
    Worked at Topman in the run up to Christmas when I was 16. Every day at work since has been easy.

Every year our Production dept make out they might have to work Christmas night, despite the fact that the factories we supply are closed. Any chocolate you may eat over Christmas was made in the summer.