Thread: 2nd car: Nissan 200sx S13 (Ex Show car)

Rides

Smile 2nd car: Nissan 200sx S13 (Ex Show car)

Hi everyone!

My name is Thanwa. Just a month ago early November, I bought the BCSS (Brian Car Sounds)'s demo car. Some of you may recognise it. It has been to a fair amount of events in the past.

My driving history is pretty short. My first car was a Honda Civic EP2 which I only had for 1 year. Was going to do a K20 swap to make it into a Type R but I saw this upgrade opportunity pop up and i couldn't pass it up.

The car's history only goes back to when the previous owner bought it (11 years ago). It's had a transformation since then and been dry stored in a garage for 10 years only being used to go to events every year or so.
    Transformation Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXtrE89Rp0I&t
    Mileage was at 103k when i bought it and only covered 7k in the last 10 years!
    My plans are to get the car ready to be abused with a full service including cambelt change, underseal etc... and get a remap.

Spec:

Exterior
    Veilside Bodykit, Custom blended into the body
    Custom made Hinge Lambo Doors
    Aftermarket Carbon Spoiler
    18" Inovit Wheels
    Custom Orange Paint (Looks yellow in the dark)
    Modified Stock Bonnet
    Clifford Concept 650 (alarm)
    Teins Super Street Coilovers
    Ducati Motorcycle Petrol Cap
    JDM Rear Lights

Engine
    Norris Design Fast Road Setup Forged CA18DET
    Norris Design new bearing Turbo (Not sure if its the stock T25 or not)
    Front Mount Intercooler
    Blitz Air Filter
    Longlife Straight Through Exhaust System
    HKS BOV (Not fitted yet)
    Stock ECU

ICE and Interior:
    Pioneer Touch Screen AVH-X3600DAB
    Hertz Energy ES 300D 700w Subwoofers x4
    Hertz ECX 570 6x9 two way Coaxials x4
    Hertz Tweeters x2
    Hertz HE2 400w Amps x2
    Hertz HE4 800w Amp
    Custom BCSS Boot Build Enclosure
    and one TINY Battery with a fat power cable powering it all
    Custom BCSS Leather seats
    Custom BCSS door cards
    Digital Radio Antenna (Stuck on the corner of the Windscreen)
    Rear Passenger AV Screens
    Stock Steering Wheel
    Dynamat Sound Proofing Entire Car

And here is more photos:

Last edited by thanwa; 20-12-2016 at 02:40. Reason: Deadlinks

Rides
    Wow never thought he would sell it

Rides
    Welcome

That car won't be most people's cup of tea, but as long as you like it then that's what matters.

If you can get a decent pic of the turbo we should be able to identify it for you. At least the previous owner went some way to giving you a good solid mechanical base there, as he's paid good money to ND for the engine and turbo that's for sure.

Enjoy!

Rides
    It's very retro cool. Maybe a decent set of fat jdm wheels & a bit more low it could still be modern cool!

Self confessed player of the pink oboe docwra's Avatar
    Rides
    Indeed, with wheels that fitted that could look pretty sound
    Quote Originally Posted by scimmy ben
    I get the feeling that this would only work if we could pursuade Ernest Borgnine to drive the Isle of Wight to Portsmouth hovercraft.
    Quote Originally Posted by sprout
    After I shave my balls swarfega helps soothe, but means the hair grows back quite quickly, so give it a go

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by bennyboy View Post
    Wow never thought he would sell it
    Haha, when i heard it was for sale (wasn't a public announcement) I had to come for multiple viewings and test days.
    I asked if his van was gonna be for sale too. He said that's never going!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by arry View Post
    Welcome

That car won't be most people's cup of tea, but as long as you like it then that's what matters.

If you can get a decent pic of the turbo we should be able to identify it for you. At least the previous owner went some way to giving you a good solid mechanical base there, as he's paid good money to ND for the engine and turbo that's for sure.

Enjoy!
    Will try get a photo of it when I have time.

Hmm personally I got nothing against the colour, bodykit and spoiler definitely in my book, sound system is actually what i wanted with it (with maybe more boot space than it is now but I do love my music) but I will admit the lambo doors was a bit overkill for me lol. But no point reverting that to stock. Sounds awesome, it's quieter than my Civic actually (decat straight through) lol
    But with all those as additionals I'll consider it a bargain, an offer i can't turn down considering the prices of the entire S Body range these days.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by ianlea73 View Post
    It's very retro cool. Maybe a decent set of fat jdm wheels & a bit more low it could still be modern cool!
    Could make it lower if I buy the key, but the height already is the limit with speed bumps lol, very stable on the motorway tho.

Quote Originally Posted by docwra View Post
    Indeed, with wheels that fitted that could look pretty sound
    I thought these wheels were pretty suitable actually. Tho personally I would like some similar ones but deep dish ones instead.
    But like Arry said earlier I guess it's not everyone's cup of tea for sure.

Rides
    What do you mean by the key mate? You just need a set of C Spanners.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by thanwa View Post
    Haha, when i heard it was for sale (wasn't a public announcement) I had to come for multiple viewings and test days.
    I asked if his van was gonna be for sale too. He said that's never going!
    brian was a local legend when the max power fast car thing was going on top audio guy and top fella I remember when he was a apprentice and I had a xr2 lol

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by arry View Post
    What do you mean by the key mate? You just need a set of C Spanners.
    Sorry for the misunderstanding, that was just the terminology me and my friend use.

Quote Originally Posted by bennyboy View Post
    brian was a local legend when the max power fast car thing was going on top audio guy and top fella I remember when he was a apprentice and I had a xr2 lol
    I know Brian because I'm friends with his nephew. Had lots of work with him in the last 2 years, quality service too especially if you've seen his recent works posted on Youtube
    Btw is that Black S14 parked around Shanklin/around the flats near Overton Grange? (Around that general area) Yours? That's one of the only few S Body I've seen locally. I can barely make it out in your profile photo.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by thanwa View Post
    Sorry for the misunderstanding, that was just the terminology me and my friend use.

I know Brian because I'm friends with his nephew. Had lots of work with him in the last 2 years, quality service too especially if you've seen his recent works posted on Youtube
    Btw is that Black S14 parked around Shanklin/around the flats near Overton Grange? (Around that general area) Yours? That's one of the only few S Body I've seen locally. I can barely make it out in your profile photo.
    No but I have seen a damson 14 parked up there. Mine is a black 14a but up by the gander not to far from Brians old unit