Thread: Wanted S14A 200SX

Rides

Wanted S14A 200SX

Hi,
    I have cash waiting for the right car.

I am after a red or black (possibly damson) S14A manual in excellent structural condition.
    No welding underneath.
    Undersealed and well looked after from new.
    The ideal car would be standard other than wheels & suspension and with a manual gearbox.
    But I will consider others that don't exactly match what I'm after, even a none runner.

Sorry, I'm not interested in heavily modified either mechanically or body kits etc.
    And a UK car would be better than an import too.

Does anyone have one they may want to sell?

Thanks,
    Gary.

Rides
    Good luck on your quest! lol. Can't imagine there are many of these gems left now...

Rides
    Unless it's been dry stored in a warm garage (and you're willing to pay Spec R money for a UK 14a) you won't find a UK car with no rust that hasn't already had welding work carried out or doesn't have a rust infestation somewhere. Don't be fooled by people slapping 'just been undersealed' in their ads, unless all the rust under the underseal was properly removed and treated they've just covered it. It'll still eat away. I'd avoid freshly undersealed UK cars unless there's a detailed thread of rust removal. At least if it's not been covered you can have a look at the underside for rust.

Call me a pessimist but dealing with rust is just part and parcel of owning a 20 year old Japanese car. When treated, properly rust free, non rolling bare shells are on offer at over £3000 it shows there's not a lot of actual rust free examples.

Rides
    have to agree with ma bro here. mine's been a garagequeen from day one, never been subsjected to the harsh norwegian winter - still plenty of rust underneath. rear sills are just bad, straight outta a horror flic. old cars gonna have rust and whatnot regardless, its inevitable :/

Rides
    Hi
    I might have something of interest for you ive dropped you a pm

Rides
    @OP - What are your plans for the car ? I might know of something that might suit depending on what you want it for.

...and what is your budget ?

Your not going to get anything as per Post 1 for much less than 5K nowadays.