Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: can someone explain pcp/hp and other forms of car buying/leasing?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by zeppelin101 View Post
    The mileage thing is an awkward one, especially if you hand the car back early.

The reason I say it is awkward is because it *could* be classified as a penalty charge, but there is no recompense if you finish up under the end of term mileage you have specified, which given the type of contract it is there *could* be. From what digging I have done when both myself and my partner handed cars back no one really has a fixed handle on it and the legislation wording is horrific. With Toyota, it was never brought up even though I was on top of the limit with 11 months to go. Meanwhile Peugeot with my partners car tried to charge her pro-rata when handing back early. I kicked up a massive fuss about this and the charge eventually got waived and she only paid for the odd dents on it.

They are very, very slippery come hand back time about what is classified as average wear and tear with PCP if you hand back at the end. You should expect them to charge you for any interior or exterior damage of any kind, it is incredibly unlikely you will get away with anything.
    Never had any of this with Ford, they dont care about the mileage if you are having another car but apparently will charge you if you are handing it back and walking away. Never had any problem with wear and tear either but then again we have always handed back after a year or so and all the cars have always been mint still.

Turbo 1.0 is great on fuel (not as good as the book figures though), the wife manages mid to high 40s on a 60 mile round trip and its zero road tax.
    Quote Originally Posted by silverzx View Post
    I like Mark, he seems fair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slip_n_slide View Post
    Mark is right.

Rides
    seems like a fiesta is definately on the cards. seen a few hovering a 40k miles for between 5-6k which is right on budget.

anything to look out for on them?