Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Grand Tour

Rides
    It's been filmed in 4K HDR. Andy Wilman said it has made it a hell of a lot more difficult to film than Top Gear...

However... Carol Vorderman is looking fit

Rides
    The first one was great but second one not as good. The bits that involved cars were good but the rescuing the VIP bit was terrible. i'm sure they probably blew the £4million per show budget though

Rides
    The second one was almost right back to the end of old top gear.... A boring film of fake stupidity taking over most of the show.

Hope it goes back to being more like the first and this was just a hiccup

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by DLowe View Post
    The second one was almost right back to the end of old top gear.... A boring film of fake stupidity taking over most of the show.
    That is their bread and butter though.

The Aston didn't get nearly enough screen time, and driving that thing around their new shit track isn't particularly interesting.
    Now it's begin filmed in 4K and HDR you do kinda notice the backdrop of the track, you want to see somewhere bright and colourful.

An old RAF base near Swindon is neither of those things.

Rides
    They said that there will be a couple of car-lite ones per season as folk want to see them dicking around as well as motors.

Rides
    There's dicking around.... And there's utter drivel....

I enjoyed some of the antics of the past like the America to Mexico runs etc but this really really lacked imagination and content

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Rides
    agree with whats been said so far about the 2nd episode but that aston martin

really like that lack of siarpc, previously would skip it on if i wasnt watching it live

their new track is a bit lack luster, and wonder if the P1, 918 and la ferarri post up times in the future?

Rides
    If you want to watch a car show. Stick to Top Gear.

I had no doubts that the Grand Tour would stick to what they did. 3 men dicking around. Top Gear didn't become the most watched TV program because it was a car show.

I appreciate the views on a car forum will be biased to wanting a car show, but I just see it as mindless entertainment that you don't really have to think about. And they are going to push it further because they can get away with more than they could do on the Beeb..... the bullet hits on Jeremey for example.

I enjoyed it apart from Celebrity brain crash.

Rides
    Yep pure entertainment that has a car slant.
    A pure car show... well no bugger would watch.

Ep3 will contain the usual car stuff again anyway.

Rides
    I used black Friday as an excuse to get a 4k TV, it was worth it just seeing that Aston!
    bovvered?

Rides
    Not quite as good, entertainment wise as the first one but still worthy of a watch.

The fat american stig replacement annoys the fcuk out of me though!

So glad the format hasn't changed too much from TG, that what made TG so good in the first place.

Rides
    Watched this last night, with the wife. This is the thing, it's not something she wont watch, but something she looks forward to and makes her laugh. Not many programs manage that universally, consistently for so long.

I like it, and will be keeping on watching it

I also liked the new Top Gear though, in parts. I think that will grow if allowed to be something very much worth watching, once they reduce the number of presenters and get some chemistry going.

Rides
    I have got to a stage where I'm not anything other than slightly curious to watch it. It had its heyday and some things are just better remembered from the past.

Rides
    Its also only early days for it, even though its an established group of folk doing the show there is still going to be some finding of feet.

Rides
    Warning - sweeping sexist statement to follow...

I stopped liking a lot of top gear when the women in the office started talking about it

I dont give a sh*t about tomfoolery, fake set up races or celebrities, I watch it for fast, exotic cars that are glorified for the amazing pieces of engineering they are. Everything else is pure filler for me.

Self confessed player of the pink oboe docwra's Avatar
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Asht_200 View Post
    I appreciate the views on a car forum will be biased to wanting a car show, but I just see it as mindless entertainment that you don't really have to think about.
    This is my problem though, remove the car element and youve just got three middle aged guys who arent really performers, comedians, writers or anything else that lends itself to TV presenting.

Not only that but rather than trying to do something different they seem to just be sticking to the same old format, I think its going to be very tired by the end of this season.
    Quote Originally Posted by scimmy ben
    I get the feeling that this would only work if we could pursuade Ernest Borgnine to drive the Isle of Wight to Portsmouth hovercraft.
    Quote Originally Posted by sprout
    After I shave my balls swarfega helps soothe, but means the hair grows back quite quickly, so give it a go

Rides
    Anyone had a look at their new social network drive tribe?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rides
    Yeah i logged into it, seems to be a bit of drivel at the moment... bit like pistonheads lol

Rides
    Oldie out of touchie alert - WTF is drive tribe?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by arry View Post
    Oldie out of touchie alert - WTF is drive tribe?
    Ignore me; I found this thing called 'Google' - fascinating thing really, you just type what you want to know about into it and up it pops. I'm now Drivetribed - it looks cool.