Thread: What laptop for 300 notes?

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides

What laptop for 300 notes?

Can anyone recommend a reasonable laptop for sub £300. Needs to have a decent sized hdd of 1tb or more and not be totally useless speed wise.

Any suggestions as I have no idea what I'm looking at.
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    A quick heads up, its Black Friday sales a week today, probably be able to get something awesome for £300 then, as for what laptop I cant really be much help.

Rides
    They're much of a muchness really. Go for something with a decent intel processor, i5 or i3.
    Don't worry too much about the hard drive space or amount of Ram as they are cheap upgrades you can do yourself.

Personally i'd sling the drive it comes with an stick a decent solid-state drive in it's place, they are so much quicker it's unreal.
    If you need mass storage than a cheap USB hard drive is the ticket.

Rides
    Why do you want a big hard drive, use cloud storage for stuff like video/pictures and audio. Dont store lots on a mobile device in case you loose it or damage the drive (i see a LOT of folk in tears about this)
    Also a smaller 256Gb or similar SSD will outperform a 1tb rust spinner by many times.

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Its not for me, it's for my sister, she doesn't use the cloud but then saying that neither do I. wouldn't even know where to start.

the laptop doesn't need to set the world alight tbh just be usable to edit photographs and browse the web mostly.

she's looked at these so far and I have zero idea with pc's anymore (I use a mac) so can't even guess as to what they're like

http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/computi...46527-pdt.html

http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/computi...46512-pdt.html
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Seriously dont get caught up in the big HDD argument, get a laptop with an ssd and use cloud storage as it is a million times better.

However you will likely struggle with getting one under 300 so its a moot point anyway.
    Of the two linked the first one with the AMD A6-7310 APU is prob the choice, its got similar cpu performance and a better video system than the second.