Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 370z Nismo Track Edition

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Si View Post
    Appreciate in value? Are you drunk?! They will crash like they have all done historically. Financially it's the equivalent of burning cash.
    I'm sure it's a great car, but to try and justify it economically is a non starter.
    A non optioned new one lists at 38k.
    There's a 2 year old Nismo with 11k listed at 26k on PH. It will only drop further. The CAP values tell a similar story.

Ignoring the stupid price Vileside one, the most expensive z33 on PH is a 26k gt4 edition priced optimistically at 16k. And that's an actual limited edition, unlike the z34 Nismo.

There is no way that car is an investment. If you want it, buy it, but at least be honest with yourself!
    My bad, it won't appreciate on purchase price. It will drop and then maybe appreciate after that.

I am not expecting my original money back. I am not deluded lol! That would be like expecting all the money back that I have spent on my 200sx including purchase price 11 years ago, not likely! Lol

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Self confessed player of the pink oboe docwra's Avatar
    Rides
    Oooh, I can be more honest here lol

Bottom line - 370 is a very good car, but its not that much better than a 350 to justify the extra money. While it is a generation on from the 200SX, its a generation behind the latest BMW and Porsche offerings, even a GT86 and it shows in the drive, it doesnt grip like it should, its not as fast as it should be and its still proper heavy for what it is.

They are nice places to be and the Nismo is a great looking car, but they dropped straight off my list after I drove one then got back in my 350 and actually preferred it.

For the money its difficult to look past a sorted 135i IMO. Funny, as thats what I ended up buying
    Quote Originally Posted by scimmy ben
    I get the feeling that this would only work if we could pursuade Ernest Borgnine to drive the Isle of Wight to Portsmouth hovercraft.
    Quote Originally Posted by sprout
    After I shave my balls swarfega helps soothe, but means the hair grows back quite quickly, so give it a go

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Si View Post
    Appreciate in value? Are you drunk?! They will crash like they have all done historically. Financially it's the equivalent of burning cash.
    I'm sure it's a great car, but to try and justify it economically is a non starter.
    A non optioned new one lists at 38k.
    There's a 2 year old Nismo with 11k listed at 26k on PH. It will only drop further. The CAP values tell a similar story.

Ignoring the stupid price Vileside one, the most expensive z33 on PH is a 26k gt4 edition priced optimistically at 16k. And that's an actual limited edition, unlike the z34 Nismo.

There is no way that car is an investment. If you want it, buy it, but at least be honest with yourself!

this is happening with the Ferrari 488 GTB, people are keeping them for a short time and then selling for a profit

classic rich getting rich scenario

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by docwra View Post
    Oooh, I can be more honest here lol

Bottom line - 370 is a very good car, but its not that much better than a 350 to justify the extra money. While it is a generation on from the 200SX, its a generation behind the latest BMW and Porsche offerings, even a GT86 and it shows in the drive, it doesnt grip like it should, its not as fast as it should be and its still proper heavy for what it is.

They are nice places to be and the Nismo is a great looking car, but they dropped straight off my list after I drove one then got back in my 350 and actually preferred it.

For the money its difficult to look past a sorted 135i IMO. Funny, as thats what I ended up buying
    Thanks for your honest answer doc. I know you have some experience in this area. Might just stick to the 200 for a bit and have a re-think

Rides
    Buying new - BMW M240i

Rides
    If you want something under £50K that should go up in value long term. Better do what Arry did, get a good 911 porker when its at bottom of the loop.

Rides
    A mate had a 3.0 Z4 Coupe for about 2 years then got a 370 Nismo which he kept for about 2 weeks.
    He loved the look of it but not the interior or the drive. Swapped it for a Caymen then swapped that for a M135i which was fantastic

Can't tell the difference cleanhands's Avatar
    Rides
    You have to ask yourself why someone would pay more for it in the future compared to the competition. What would make it retain it's value when various BMWs, Audi TTs and the rest reduce?

Currently using the same argument to tempt my parents into a 6 cylinder, manual Cayman or a 997.2.
    Last edited by cleanhands; 19-11-2016 at 11:59.

Rides
    Availability is always a big factor. The fewer left the more they are worth. Not sure how many 370z nismo are on the road?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazySx View Post
    Availability is always a big factor. The fewer left the more they are worth. Not sure how many 370z nismo are on the road?

NISSAN 370Z GT NISMO V6 110
    NISSAN 370Z NISMO 181

But you also have factor in how desirable they were when new. How many kids and young people that couldn't afford one lusted after one? Cos those are the people that in later life will be paying the premium to buy the DREAM.

370Z zilch.

Fezza's lots and lots.
    Porker 911 lots.
    Cossie lots.
    Hot hatches lots.
    2 Japanese rally cars quite a lot.

How Many Left says there are 174 Allegros taxed and MOTed and on the road. I haven't bothered to see how many are sorn as that would mean opening 28 pages of utter crap. They are much rarer than Jenson Interceptor of which there are 770 in total (Taxed and SORN) but worthless. In 40 years time there will be about 200 i10 left, OK for holiday car rental but as an investment?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by skyshack View Post
    NISSAN 370Z GT NISMO V6110
    NISSAN 370Z NISMO 181

But you also have factor in how desirable they were when new. How many kids and young people that couldn't afford one lusted after one? Cos those are the people that in later life will be paying the premium to buy the DREAM.

370Z zilch.

Fezza's lots and lots.
    Porker 911 lots.
    Cossie lots.
    Hot hatches lots.
    2 Japanese rally cars quite a lot.

How Many Left says there are 174 Allegros taxed and MOTed and on the road. I haven't bothered to see how many are sorn as that would mean opening 28 pages of utter crap. They are much rarer than Jenson Interceptor of which there are 770 in total (Taxed and SORN) but worthless. In 40 years time there will be about 200 i10 left, OK for holiday car rental but as an investment?
    Point taken. What I really want is a GTR and this was supposed to be the gap filler. I have a test drive booked next weekend. Will let you know how it went

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazySx View Post
    Point taken. What I really want is a GTR and this was supposed to be the gap filler. I have a test drive booked next weekend. Will let you know how it went

For most people the 200SX was the "gap" filler before a GT-R.

Some actually got the GT-R (R<35) and some of them want the 200SX back.

Unless it's so cheap that you can sell it quick for a profit all a 370Z will do is put the GT-R further out of reach as it burns your cash in garage bills and depreciation.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by skyshack View Post
    For most people the 200SX was the "gap" filler before a GT-R.

Some actually got the GT-R (R<35) and some of them want the 200SX back.

Unless it's so cheap that you can sell it quick for a profit all a 370Z will do is put the GT-R further out of reach as it burns your cash in garage bills and depreciation.
    The price jump from a 200sx to a GTR is madness. But then I was looking at the Nismo version at 91k!!! Lol

I guess I should save my pennies and buy a GTR in like 3-4years.

Rides
    My S14a was gap filler until my R34 GTR until they jumped from £20,000 to £35,000 in 2 years

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean-B View Post
    My S14a was gap filler until my R34 GTR until they jumped from £20,000 to £35,000 in 2 years
    Poor guy! I loved those too.. but they never really depreciated!

If we had got our hands on one back then, an r35 now would be an easy transition.

Rides
    When I originally walked into Nissan to test drive a 370Z, the salesman (who knew that I had a fast 200 and was into drifting) would only let me drive the GTR. What does that tell you?

The GTR is epic, the 370Z is as close to it as an S12 is to a 370Z
    I get the feeling that this would only work if we could pursuade Ernest Borgnine to drive the Isle of Wight to Portsmouth hovercraft.
    After I shave my balls swarfega helps soothe, but means the hair grows back quite quickly, so give it a go

Rides
    When I originally walked into Nissan to test drive a 370Z, the salesman (who knew that I had a fast 200 and was into drifting) would only let me drive the GTR. What does that tell you?

The GTR is epic, the 370Z is as close to it as an S12 is to a 370Z
    Hahahaha! Did you buy the GTR? The price of the GTR is double of the 370.

I intend to take my 200sx. I will see what happens.

Rides
    Naah, GTR is a lot more money as you say. I would point out that they were offering £5K off list on the 370 last time I spoke to them though, doesnt indicate an appreciating asset really ........

Rides
    Naah, GTR is a lot more money as you say. I would point out that they were offering £5K off list on the 370 last time I spoke to them though, doesnt indicate an appreciating asset really ........
    I am getting nearly 8k off and 0 deposit and 0 interest over 4 years! That's on PCP. £375 a month. So literally get a brand new car for 375 a month with no other cost

Rides
    I would kill for a GTR but it's just too expensive right now.