Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 370z Nismo Track Edition

Rides

370z Nismo Track Edition

Has anyone got one? I have a pretty tasty deal on the table and thinking about selling up and getting one!! However!!!

Road tax is 500 quid, its a dedicated 2 seater, don't know much about how good the engine is and...not sure on insurance costs! Also its about 250kg heavier than the 200sx.

So with 65bhp more that what i have now (200sx-286bhp, 370z-349) and 24lbft less (200sx-300Lbft, 370z-276lbft), will i be disappointed?

Rides
    just to add, i am looking at brand new! maybe for delivery in 2017.

Rides
    I should think it'll be amazing. The way it'll put its power down will be leagues ahead of our 14's. And this is from a die hard 14 fan.

Depends what you want though. Dedicated weekend toy or all round sports car.

Rides
    I like how the 350z's handle, and the 370's are supposed to be much better, so i expect the 370 Nismo to be epic. Also there's always a few more horses to release through basic mods that won't cost the earth

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazySx View Post
    just to add, i am looking at brand new! maybe for delivery in 2017.
    Sounds expensive, I would use the money to pay extra of my mortgage and keep the 200

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean-B View Post
    I should think it'll be amazing. The way it'll put its power down will be leagues ahead of our 14's. And this is from a die hard 14 fan.

Depends what you want though. Dedicated weekend toy or all round sports car.
    I want something that I can use a bit more. So all round sports car. The more I think about it the more I want!!! Lol

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamRPS13 View Post
    I like how the 350z's handle, and the 370's are supposed to be much better, so i expect the 370 Nismo to be epic. Also there's always a few more horses to release through basic mods that won't cost the earth
    This is what I need to look into. I have just joined the club.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by sx rider r17t View Post
    Sounds expensive, I would use the money to pay extra of my mortgage and keep the 200
    I might keep the 200 anyway lol!!! One of the cars has to go if the 370 comes. As for the mortgage, it will keep. It's all about enjoying ur life while your young. What's the point of buying a sports car when you are 50! People just look and think... mid life crisis lol!

Rides
    The 370 is unreal stiff though, itll be very different to the 200, also road tax is dropping next year isn't it? £140 flat rate

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by jbsauce View Post
    The 370 is unreal stiff though, itll be very different to the 200, also road tax is dropping next year isn't it? £140 flat rate
    I am used to stiff suspension. The 200sx has coilovers and the mr2 is dropped but firm too, oh and rattly lol!

Is it really? Where did u read that? I need to get googleing

Rides
    It's a great car to buy new if you love depreciation.

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    why not just get a 350z. Far cheaper and still sounds like what you're after.
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Si View Post
    It's a great car to buy new if you love depreciation.
    This is the thing, I will be getting a big chunk off

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Chriscooke View Post
    why not just get a 350z. Far cheaper and still sounds like what you're after.
    Prefer the look of the 370 and fancy the thought of having a brand new car with 0000 miles. It's not something I am going to rush into. I think I can afford it or will be able to. Let's see how I feel after a test drive

I was out in the 200sx after a long time yesterday and the amount of people checking out the car as I pulled up next to them was quite nice.

And when I blew a brand new golf GTD (who fancied his chances) into the weeds, it was a very nice feeling hahahahaha

Last edited by CrazySx; 18-11-2016 at 09:18.

Rides
    Most were probably scowling thinking "**** me sr20's sound shit" haha.

What's the difference between the normal 370 and the track edition?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazySx View Post
    I might keep the 200 anyway lol!!! One of the cars has to go if the 370 comes. As for the mortgage, it will keep. It's all about enjoying ur life while your young. What's the point of buying a sports car when you are 50! People just look and think... mid life crisis lol!
    yeah fair enough, i fully expect to still be driving my 200 when I'm 50 haha

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisyboi s14 View Post
    Most were probably scowling thinking "**** me sr20's sound shit" haha.

What's the difference between the normal 370 and the track edition?
    Excuse me!! My sr20 sounds awesome! Speak for yourself

In a nutshell
    Better suspension
    Body kit
    Lighter
    More power

Rides
    If I could afford to spend that kind of money on a car I would 200% be looking at an appreciating asset rather than something you can enjoy but by the time you've paid it off will be worth about a third of what you've paid for it. If you really want that particular car and money isn't an issue then go for it, but if it was my money I'd be looking for something that isn't gonna drop in value but ideally increase in value to help offset running costs.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by handsomedez View Post
    If I could afford to spend that kind of money on a car I would 200% be looking at an appreciating asset rather than something you can enjoy but by the time you've paid it off will be worth about a third of what you've paid for it. If you really want that particular car and money isn't an issue then go for it, but if it was my money I'd be looking for something that isn't gonna drop in value but ideally increase in value to help offset running costs.
    I think long term the car will appreciate and not depreciate being a nismo will help.

I have read that nissan are planning to drop the z series of cars and start making crossover cars of similar nature.

I would imagine this would have an impact on the cost of a last of the line nismo edition 370z. Or at least I hope.

I think I am just getting new car fever as my Mrs is buying a brand new car and I am jealous lol!

Rides
    Appreciate in value? Are you drunk?! They will crash like they have all done historically. Financially it's the equivalent of burning cash.
    I'm sure it's a great car, but to try and justify it economically is a non starter.
    A non optioned new one lists at 38k.
    There's a 2 year old Nismo with 11k listed at 26k on PH. It will only drop further. The CAP values tell a similar story.

Ignoring the stupid price Vileside one, the most expensive z33 on PH is a 26k gt4 edition priced optimistically at 16k. And that's an actual limited edition, unlike the z34 Nismo.

There is no way that car is an investment. If you want it, buy it, but at least be honest with yourself!
    Last edited by Si; 18-11-2016 at 12:48.