Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: 370z Nismo Track Edition

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazySx View Post
    I forgot you said 996, not my favourite looking porsche. Also if the worst was to happen and i lost my job or marble, i have a debt which i HAVE to pay! with PCP i lose everything i put in, but can simply hand the car back and walk away.
    Yeh that's really not true,

Like was said above you need to have paid 50% of the total amount to just hand it back, not you the pcp amount. So if the total amount for the car including interest is 36k, you can only hand back when you've paid 18k. So if you're putting in no deposit that's going to be hard going.

Rides
    Been a while since I have posted on here! I would buy a Nismo version (I may buy one next year, although other cars are in the frame) but I would swing to the previous version rather than the current and that is probably more down to personal opinion, rather than anything else. I certainly wouldn't buy one new as the instant depreciation is shocking although once the hit has happened the depreciation seems to slow somewhat. As for the deal you have mentioned, you can pretty much get that at every dealer as they have trouble shifting them... the market for such a car is pretty small and competition is stiff, especially given the initial asking price.

At this point I should say I own a 370z and have done for 3 years now, it's a great car... it's not perfect, it's not to the level what say BMW have to offer but it's different to what else is available. It is certainly different from my 200sx but I would much rather have the 370z... I don't miss the 200 at all but then that is probably more to do with my age.

Self confessed player of the pink oboe docwra's Avatar
    Rides
    I forgot you said 996, not my favourite looking porsche. Also if the worst was to happen and i lost my job or marble, i have a debt which i HAVE to pay! with PCP i lose everything i put in, but can simply hand the car back and walk away.
    I think you got it the wrong way round dude, this is exactly why I get loans and actually buy cars rather than doing PCP. If you have to sell you should get everything you put in back out with a loan, with PCP you can end up with no car AND a massive hole in your pocket.

If the car is under 20K then its a no brainer for me, much better way of doing it.
    Quote Originally Posted by scimmy ben
    I get the feeling that this would only work if we could pursuade Ernest Borgnine to drive the Isle of Wight to Portsmouth hovercraft.
    Quote Originally Posted by sprout
    After I shave my balls swarfega helps soothe, but means the hair grows back quite quickly, so give it a go

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloudy View Post
    Been a while since I have posted on here! I would buy a Nismo version (I may buy one next year, although other cars are in the frame) but I would swing to the previous version rather than the current and that is probably more down to personal opinion, rather than anything else. I certainly wouldn't buy one new as the instant depreciation is shocking although once the hit has happened the depreciation seems to slow somewhat. As for the deal you have mentioned, you can pretty much get that at every dealer as they have trouble shifting them... the market for such a car is pretty small and competition is stiff, especially given the initial asking price.

At this point I should say I own a 370z and have done for 3 years now, it's a great car... it's not perfect, it's not to the level what say BMW have to offer but it's different to what else is available. It is certainly different from my 200sx but I would much rather have the 370z... I don't miss the 200 at all but then that is probably more to do with my age.
    Hey Cloudy! Long time no hear! Glad to hear your opinion. When u say that deal can be had anywhere u mean 0% deposit and interest? All the other cars have 5.9% APR!!!

I am very much in two minds at the moment. Will see what the test drive brings tomorrow.

And just to concur.. I wouldn't buy a BMW they are so common now.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by CrazySx; 25-11-2016 at 15:19.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by docwra View Post
    I think you got it the wrong way round dude, this is exactly why I get loans and actually buy cars rather than doing PCP. If you have to sell you should get everything you put in back out with a loan, with PCP you can end up with no car AND a massive hole in your pocket.

If the car is under 20K then its a no brainer for me, much better way of doing it.
    Ok so maybe I need to see what the terms and conditions of the PCP are in a bit more detail before I do anything. Fact is I don't have the money right now, so wouldn't buy anything for may even 3 to 4 years if I don't get this. I can manage the payments easy but to save would take time. I like the idea of being able to do this before I hit 40 and people think I am going through a mid life crisis lol!

Rides
    I went for a test drive today and the car was awesome! The only gripe I had was the dash being very plastic!!! And looks a bit dated. But the car itself looks lovely and drives/grips so well!!

Also it's nice to have that low down torque from the v6 in every gear!

The salesman was an absolute c0ck! I am not sure if he wasn't interested because I told him about my discount and he wasn't making a commission.

I mean we went to Mercedes a few weeks back and the service was night and day!!

Anyway.. in a nutshell I am gonna buy it and keep the s14a too

Rides
    Dude, at least drive a Cayman and a 135i before you bite the bullet, trust me.

Even if you still prefer the 370 youll have experienced two other cars.
    I get the feeling that this would only work if we could pursuade Ernest Borgnine to drive the Isle of Wight to Portsmouth hovercraft.
    After I shave my balls swarfega helps soothe, but means the hair grows back quite quickly, so give it a go

Rides

This. Don't buy the first car, try the others and if you don't like them, you've lost nothing. A tweaked 135i can be very quick... I'd love one.

Rides

Hey Doc,

To be totally honest, i don't like BMW's and the Porsche is way out of my price league once i start adding options it goes out the window! I might try and arrange a test drive, looks a nice car.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by ian_83 View Post
    This. Don't buy the first car, try the others and if you don't like them, you've lost nothing. A tweaked 135i can be very quick... I'd love one.
    BMW's are just too common. I like the 370 for its uniqueness and loyalty to Nissan lol!

Rides
    BMW's are just too common. I like the 370 for its uniqueness and loyalty to Nissan lol!
    There are less E82 135i's than there are Nismo 370Z's, just saying

If youre looking to buy brand new then I agree, the Cayman is well expensive but Id still advise driving a slightly older one as a comparison, even an M235i as dynamically they are considerably better.

Rides

Rides
    Guys the whole point is that I can't afford 30 odd k outright. If I could I would buy a GTR without a doubt

Rides
    Private pcp? You know that's a thing right. Hit up oricle

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisyboi s14 View Post
    Private pcp? You know that's a thing right. Hit up oricle
    Oricle?

Rides
    It's a personal finance company that offer pcp on privately bought cars. Offer like 4.9% Apr. It's a company that big companies use for pcp to.

Google oracle finance

Rides
    It's a personal finance company that offer pcp on privately bought cars. Offer like 4.9% Apr. It's a company that big companies use for pcp to.

Google oracle finance
    Aha! Well.. I am get 0% APR over 49 months, gonna be hard to beat that lol

Rides
    But you could get a gtr, the car which you actually want, and would be worth a lot more come the end of the term.....

Rides
    But you could get a gtr, the car which you actually want, and would be worth a lot more come the end of the term.....
    Not at 4.9% for now. Maybe in a few years. Gonna get saving.