Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: 370z Nismo Track Edition

Rides
    Looking at 50 grand for a 4 year old. Retention is great but repayments would be near enough a grand a month too.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by docwra View Post
    There are less E82 135i's than there are Nismo 370Z's, just saying
    4" makes the world of difference to STYLE. In 10 years time the BMW will just be another ugly old jelly mold.

BMW 1 series Coupé: 1,423 mm (56.0 in)
    Honda Civic 8th gen 1,460 mm (57 in) (2009–11 hatchback)
    I don't think you can get 6" lowering springs.

370Z 1,320 mm (52.0 in)
    Boxster: 1,295 mm (51.0 in )
    Cayman: 1,305 mm (51.4 in)
    2009–2012: 1,303 mm (51 in)

1988-93 200SX 1,295 mm (50.8")

Rides
    If youre looking to buy brand new then I agree, the Cayman is well expensive but Id still advise driving a slightly older one as a comparison, even an M235i as dynamically they are considerably better.
    Drove an older Cayman S not so long ago, completely glorious and as a driving experience is miles ahead of any of the cars up for debate here imo. I couldn't stretch to the 17k or so needed for a nice one at the time. They will be getting hear the bottom of the curve soon I imagine given that the new ones are 4 cylinders and don't have anything like the character of the old flat-6.

Self confessed player of the pink oboe docwra's Avatar
    Rides
    I tell you what, theres not a lot thats depreciated as little as the Cayman, I really wanted a facelift but couldnt afford one, 350Z's of the same vintage are 15K cheaper

TBH if Crazy is looking for a brand new sports coupe around the £30K mark and doesnt want a BMW or a GT86 then I think the 370 is probably about the only choice out there. Sad times really
    Quote Originally Posted by scimmy ben
    I get the feeling that this would only work if we could pursuade Ernest Borgnine to drive the Isle of Wight to Portsmouth hovercraft.
    Quote Originally Posted by sprout
    After I shave my balls swarfega helps soothe, but means the hair grows back quite quickly, so give it a go

Rides
    I tell you what, theres not a lot thats depreciated as little as the Cayman, I really wanted a facelift but couldnt afford one, 350Z's of the same vintage are 15K cheaper

TBH if Crazy is looking for a brand new sports coupe around the £30K mark and doesnt want a BMW or a GT86 then I think the 370 is probably about the only choice out there. Sad times really
    ford mustang? or would that be a little high priced?

Rides

This is it! But the more I think about it, the more I like the idea of having a Nismo 370. I haven't seen one on the road period. Seen at least 3 caymans in the last week and millions of BMW lol

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Suspect View Post
    ford mustang? or would that be a little high priced?
    I did look at this, but the full fat version comes in at 40k and above and reviews say the 370 is a better drive.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazySx View Post
    I did look at this, but the full fat version comes in at 40k and above and reviews say the 370 is a better drive.

yup, fair enough. I'm sure what ever you end up with you will enjoy.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by skyshack View Post
    4" makes the world of difference to STYLE. In 10 years time the BMW will just be another ugly old jelly mold.

BMW 1 series Coupé: 1,423 mm (56.0 in)
    Honda Civic 8th gen 1,460 mm (57 in) (2009–11 hatchback)
    I don't think you can get 6" lowering springs.

370Z 1,320 mm (52.0 in)
    Boxster: 1,295 mm (51.0 in )
    Cayman: 1,305 mm (51.4 in)
    2009–2012: 1,303 mm (51 in)

1988-93 200SX 1,295 mm (50.8")
    Once again, WTF are you on about? The BMW has 2 usable rear seats, none of the other cars have any rear seats at all - Ill take 4 inches extra wheelbase for that.

Similarly, STYLE is in the eye of the beholder, but 170KG less than an M3 isnt. And anyway, if the E82 coupe looked "ugly" why is the E82 1M still massively sought after? Its just a 135i with a diff at the end of the day ...........

TBF I probably see more Nismo 370s than most as one of the dealers is about 3 miles down the road, I see a lot less Caymans or 8-6's but no doubt youll love it mate
    I get the feeling that this would only work if we could pursuade Ernest Borgnine to drive the Isle of Wight to Portsmouth hovercraft.
    After I shave my balls swarfega helps soothe, but means the hair grows back quite quickly, so give it a go

Rides
    Once again, WTF are you on about? The BMW has 2 usable rear seats, none of the other cars have any rear seats at all - Ill take 4 inches extra wheelbase for that.

Similarly, STYLE is in the eye of the beholder, but 170KG less than an M3 isnt. And anyway, if the E82 coupe looked "ugly" why is the E82 1M still massively sought after? Its just a 135i with a diff at the end of the day ...........

TBF I probably see more Nismo 370s than most as one of the dealers is about 3 miles down the road, I see a lot less Caymans or 8-6's but no doubt youll love it mate
    I have persuaded myself that I am getting the Nismo now. Nothing else matters hahahahaha!

I did look at the cayman but it's just too much money

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazySx View Post
    I have persuaded myself that I am getting the Nismo now. Nothing else matters hahahahaha!

I did look at the cayman but it's just too much money

How do the monthly payments on a Gayman compare to the Nissan? I would have thought they'd be similar taking into account the lower depreciation of the Porsche. Are they miles apart?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by handsomedez View Post
    How do the monthly payments on a Gayman compare to the Nissan? I would have thought they'd be similar taking into account the lower depreciation of the Porsche. Are they miles apart?
    Haven't looked to be honest. Looked at the 40k+ Base price and then saw the cost of the options and ran for the hills!

That's not factoring in servicing

Just some of the options you get as standard in the 370z.

Oh and yes, confirmed.. £199 covers service for 3 years!!!

Last edited by CrazySx; 05-12-2016 at 20:35.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by handsomedez View Post
    A standard one is £4k deposit and then £450 a month over 4 years. Obviously once you add options this will go up rapidly.
    Quote Originally Posted by silverzx View Post
    I like Mark, he seems fair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slip_n_slide View Post
    Mark is right.

Rides
    Out of interest, what garage has offered you this deal?

Rides
    Last Cayman is same money as 370Z TBH, the new one is a lot more. But its amazing.

Ive booked a test of a Giulia QV and Im looking for an M2 to drive atm as well, I bet Ill still prefer the 718 Cayman over either though ........

Rides
    Even bigger sex splash. Porsche's don't do it for me, only this one!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Porsche-91...-/222270675701

May need to take out a nice mortgage instead of pcp mind you haha!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    A standard one is £4k deposit and then £450 a month over 4 years. Obviously once you add options this will go up rapidly.
    And bigger balloon at the end no doubt!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisyboi s14 View Post
    Out of interest, what garage has offered you this deal?
    To which deal do you refer Chris?

Rides
    New 370ZNismo or a 3year old Jag XKR ?

I do have my own opinions on the 370Z subject, however, I also subscribe to CAR magazine (and it is a damn good read) who did this a few months ago.
    (and I haven't driven either of them so my own opinion would be internet fluff if I tried ) but I like to take part in the conversation

Rides
    Apologies to Crazy

One of these cars is a 2+2 Coupe, the other is a 2 door saloon, which granted makes it a coupe, with a M badge [1] on the side a "performance coupe" but still not a "Sports coupe". A "Sports Coupe" is a 2 seat roadster with a lid like a Triumph GT6 or BMW Z4M or 370Z. Then there is the 2+2, it can either be cut n shut 2 door saloon with roof chop down to roadster height (Cefiro > 200SX) or a stretched Sports coupe (E-type FHC 2+2).

The wiki says the presence of a B pillar results in the car being a "2 door saloon". It also defines a "sports coupe".
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coup%C3%A9

[1] I'm not 100% convinced that this photo is a M it may just be another red one. Although it looks just like the one I parked to yesterday, that had M's on the front wing but it only had a single tail pipe and no model badge on the back so I really don't have any clue what it was/is other than being a 2 door BMW 1nnx. I've got a "feeling" that a M should have quad tailpipes but that may just be M3 or M5. And that's the big issue I have with BMWs, there are far to many model badge-less wannabe fakes and unless you are a fully paid up BMW anorak it's not possible to identify what you are looking at. It seems a large number of BMW owners lack integrity including some I may work with which is worrying as everyone has done Corporate Ethics training, maybe I should raise this with the corporate ethics line.

ps photo was taken 26 October long before this topic arose.