Thread: HDev S14 Stage 1 - running issues on a 1a car.

Flamethrower
    Rides

HDev S14 Stage 1 - running issues on a 1a car.

Updated:

Fitted a used Stage 1 Hdev ECU today, my car is Stage 1a compliant but running 1.0bar - would the FMIC affect the running of a Stage 1 ECU map too badly?

Now when I start the car I have no rev counter. It works when I plug the stock ECU back in so I assume its a bad connection in the ECU somewhere. I'll try open it up and see if its cracked solder or whatever.

The car ran great, overfueling a little as it was popping flames occasionally but on the way to an event (cruising 60-65mph off boost) I suddenly got the Check Engine light and it faltered, seemed to splutter, throttle pedal stopped working and it basically died. Tried restarting a few times, wouldn't idle and kept dying.

Disconnected the battery for a few mins, fired it back up and it was fine. However fuel consumption was noticeably poor ever since it was fitted.

It was then great all day on track including hot idling between laps for 5-10 mins at a time, although at the end of the day while back in the pits idling it died a few times and wouldn't idle when it restarted, just dying when it drops to idle after the initial high idle at startup.

Halfway home, once again motorway 60-65mph and off boost, check engine light flickers on and it dies.

Plugged stock ECU back in and it went home fine, and noticeably better on fuel too. On the stock ECU, the check engine light has never ever worked, even on startup, and i'd forgot the car had one. The car has also had the little NATS box in the footwell removed.

Summary:
    Buggered rev counter is most likely a connection in the ECU
    Wont run correctly off boost, possibly because Stage 1 on a 1a car

Any help on the cause? Or to confirm its just because of it being stage 1 on a car with a FMIC?

I had planned to get the ECU sent to HDev for them to upgrade to a 1a or 2 depending on if I grab some injectors, but not with no rev counter and a running problem. Pretty pissed as it was sold as fully functional, yet when asked about the lack of rev counter the seller admitted he "forgot" to mention it.
    Last edited by misterjake; 10-11-2016 at 15:40.

Rides
    Wrong ecu or damaged ecu. Send it back to jez for inspection and or testing.

Flamethrower
    Rides
    bump