Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 17x9j tyre sizes, r33 gtr alloy wheels s14a

Rides
    Well Photobucket broke the internet, lots of forums have broken pics now. A few threads on this site came up when I was searching R33 GTR wheel and tire fitment.

I went with 245/40R17 all the way around, mainly because I wanted a square setup and don't like different sized tires on the same width wheels. The overall diameter of the 245/40 sits right between the stock tires and the base model 15" tires, so I'm sure my speedo is still accurate.

Also put a 2.5 mm spacer up front because the knock on tire weights were bumping the strut on hard corners. I imagine the sticker weights would be fine, but it is pretty close up front. No spacer needed in the rear.

My setup is KYB struts/shocks with Tein springs.

Rides
    Looking good.

I was running 245/40 Hankook on my R33s but when I had to change the 2 on the fronts I went for 235/40 Goodyear F1 Asym. I'm not a fan of stretch if I'm honest and they sit quite well, I'll try and take some pictures and upload to something other than Photobucket as that was always my go-to site.

Originally I was running a 6mm slip on space on the front due to the coilovers but now with the wider wings I changed to bolt-ons. The rears have no spacer but I'm wanting to put the 6mm on to bring the wheel out flush but I think it will require a roll on the arch due to the lip.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rides
    Don't you guys find that the car wants to follow the shape of the road with 245 up front? Aka tramlining

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Rides
    I find that the car tends to lean to the left a bit but thought it was down to a sticking calliper as I've had my tracking done with brand new track rods and ends.

It could very well be tramlining as it possibly did improve slightly going from 245 to 235 but is slightly skewed as that was when I got the tracking done due to the shocking wear pattern.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rides
    I've got two sets of R33 GTR wheels and over the last 15 years have tried various tyre sizes on the, for both road and track my favourite combination is 235/45 front and 255/40 rear. Running RSR's in this size now and previously ran F1's in that size. 225 on front and 245 on back also works.

I use Rainsports on daily cars, they are good value but I'd never use them on an sx, much worse the F1's or Bridgestone even in the wet.
    2004 - on : 1999 S14a 398bhp 378lb/ft
    2010 - on : 2007 RX8 PZ
    1998 - 2004 : 1991 S13

Rides
    I have rainsport 3's on the front of my s13 and found them to be brilliant in the wet when I was hurling it round Anglesea circuit last year. I doubt they were anywhere near operating temperature.

Rides
    I have 225 on the fronts and they don't tramline at all. Michelin PS3 all round. Never given me any issue in the dry, not great in the wet though. However I try not to use the car when it's wet out.

The 370z has 245 up front from the factory and teamlines like cnut. First time it happened I thought something was very wrong with the car. Braking approaching the lights and had to really battle with the wheel.

Rides
    In the end I went for 225 45 17 front and 245 40 17 rear. Fits perfect in my opinion and drives spot on with a new set of Pirelli pzero neros

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by rich damms View Post
    In the end I went for 225 45 17 front and 245 40 17 rear. Fits perfect in my opinion and drives spot on with a new set of Pirelli pzero neros
    Exactly what I did. I am sure I researched it back in the day when I fitted the wheels and that's the advise i got from here. I am talking nearly ten years ago!