Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 17x9j tyre sizes, r33 gtr alloy wheels s14a

Rides

17x9j tyre sizes, r33 gtr alloy wheels s14a

What tyre sizes do people run on r33 gtr alloys or equivalent 17x9j alloys on an s14a? I've been thinking 245 40 17 rears and 225 45 17 fronts.

Post me some pictures if there if you have any

Rides
    I'd go 235/45/17 all round personally

Rides
    i run these wheels with 235/40 up front and 255/40 rears with yokohama ad08r..... i like that!

i have 245's all round in the sig pic but i prefer the feeling of the front end more with the 235's over the 245's
    Last edited by ronsterw; 08-11-2016 at 02:19. Reason: more info

Rides
    I'm currently running 245/40 Hankook Ventus V12 all round on my GTRs as they seem to fit nicely.

Rides
    I have what you are thinking, 225/45 on the front and 245/40 on the rear. you can go 255/40 on the rear if you fancy it, but you may need spacing out.

I would stick to 225 on the front if you want a nice feeling steering.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazySx View Post
    I have what you are thinking, 225/45 on the front and 245/40 on the rear. you can go 255/40 on the rear if you fancy it, but you may need spacing out.

I would stick to 225 on the front if you want a nice feeling steering.
    Any pictures?, I get my wheels back Saturday from the powder coaters and have got 245 40 17 for the rears and 2254517 on the way for the fronts. Been searching google looking at pics and tyre sizes

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by rich damms View Post
    Any pictures?, I get my wheels back Saturday from the powder coaters and have got 245 40 17 for the rears and 2254517 on the way for the fronts. Been searching google looking at pics and tyre sizes
    Only have these at the moment..

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Rides
    I am currently running 17x9 with 225 45 on the front and then I use to have 9j rears (not gtr wheels mind) and 245 40's on them, if i'm honest seemed a little over kill for the extra price of the tyre, if I had 9j on the rears again I would run the same size 225 45 as on the front as they are very available size and even good brands aren't silly expensive, a 245 40 didn't look as good sat on the car either I thought. It's what you like at the end of the day though

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by drc View Post
    I am currently running 17x9 with 225 45 on the front and then I use to have 9j rears (not gtr wheels mind) and 245 40's on them, if i'm honest seemed a little over kill for the extra price of the tyre, if I had 9j on the rears again I would run the same size 225 45 as on the front as they are very available size and even good brands aren't silly expensive, a 245 40 didn't look as good sat on the car either I thought. It's what you like at the end of the day though
    In my experience 225 on a 9j rim looks very stretched. in fact the latest tyre i bought (Camskill) was so narrow it had to be blasted on!! a normal tyre place couldn't fit it. Also its not all about looks, you want as wide as you can get for the rear for maximum contact to the road surface

Rides
    oh and just to add, my car has 15mm (IIRC) spacers front and rear.

Rides
    for a 225 on a 9 inch rim for it needing blasting on is down to how the tyres has been stored and rim design.
    ive got 9 inch rims that are a ache to fit 245's on then another set you can pop 205 40's on with just the air line if they aint squashed in.

different brand tyres also vary in width and side wall height regardless of what is written on the side. a 225 45 17 Michelin is about 10 - 15mm narrower than a kumo or a Dunlop SP sport when lay down flat side to side.(about a month ago I had about 20 different brand tyres laid out so can vouch this)

personally I would use the same size front and rear. I just got a good deal on Uniroyal rainsport 3's off camskill and they are savage in the cold/wet. although I can see them overheating on a summers day.

Rides
    oh and just to add, my car has 15mm (IIRC) spacers front and rear.
    Was about to ask if you ran spacers. I'm unsure if I will be yet, I'll see what it looks like first and I won't be rolling arches so its what I can get away with. I think I need a 5mm up front to avoid my coil overs anyway.

As for tyres they are Pirelli p zero Nero gt's

Rides
    The pics look good, I don't think the tyres look that stretched on the front but I wouldn't go any thinner than a 225

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by green_rs13 View Post
    for a 225 on a 9 inch rim for it needing blasting on is down to how the tyres has been stored and rim design.
    ive got 9 inch rims that are a ache to fit 245's on then another set you can pop 205 40's on with just the air line if they aint squashed in.

different brand tyres also vary in width and side wall height regardless of what is written on the side. a 225 45 17 Michelin is about 10 - 15mm narrower than a kumo or a Dunlop SP sport when lay down flat side to side.(about a month ago I had about 20 different brand tyres laid out so can vouch this)

personally I would use the same size front and rear. I just got a good deal on Uniroyal rainsport 3's off camskill and they are savage in the cold/wet. although I can see them overheating on a summers day.
    This guy clearly knows what he is talking about. The tyre I had fitted was in fact a michelin PS3

Heard lots of good things about uni royal rainsport. Might have to invest myself.

Rides
    Was about to ask if you ran spacers. I'm unsure if I will be yet, I'll see what it looks like first and I won't be rolling arches so its what I can get away with. I think I need a 5mm up front to avoid my coil overs anyway.

As for tyres they are Pirelli p zero Nero gt's
    You don't need to roll the arches for 15mm spacers. I found that it was hard to get 5mm hubcentric spacers cheap. I ran some crappy ones for a bit but found some paint missing on my front coilover hence went 15mm. The only thing you will find is the front wheels will catch the inner Arch covers. Backs are good as gold

Rides
    The pics look good, I don't think the tyres look that stretched on the front but I wouldn't go any thinner than a 225
    They do compare to the 245's the 245's almost look square on the sidewall. Will take some more detailed pics for you guys later

Rides
    You don't need to roll the arches for 15mm spacers. I found that it was hard to get 5mm hubcentric spacers cheap. I ran some crappy ones for a bit but found some paint missing on my front coilover hence went 15mm. The only thing you will find is the front wheels will catch the inner Arch covers. Backs are good as gold

Is that with some negative camber though to keep them away, I didn't think I'd get 15mm spacers on without touching. I'm going down from 18in alloys(8.5 &9.5 j et 30) to the gtr rims. I already have some hubcentric 5mm for the front

Rides
    Is that with some negative camber though to keep them away, I didn't think I'd get 15mm spacers on without touching. I'm going down from 18in alloys(8.5 &9.5 j et 30) to the gtr rims. I already have some hubcentric 5mm for the front
    Nope zero negative. I did have some on there and they were fine. I since had wheel alignment done by Horsham development and they were aligned to be flat on the floor! No issues. I am pretty sure they are 15mm. Will take a pic of that for you too lol

Rides
    Cheers, Mine are same no negative camber, I'll get them fitted Saturday and get some pics

Rides
    Ok so it appears I never fitted the spacers on the rear. I would suggest you don't bother.

Pretty flush without

Distance from Arch

225 sidewall (stretch)

245 sidewall pretty square

Cheers, Mine are same no negative camber, I'll get them fitted Saturday and get some pics