Thread: Nissan 180sx - Original - 73k - JDM Import (1996)

Rides

Sold

Very reluctant sale of my Nissan 180sx which was imported privately in May 2016, i'm the first U.K. owner. Been great to own, has only covered around 2,000 miles since I bought it with no issues.

Late model, April 96.
    Factory Manual
    Factory SR20DET (Blacktop)
    Low mileage - 73,000 miles (Clocks still in KM)
    Auction Grade 3.5 - no repairs/major replacement parts.

MOT until June 2017 (Passed with no advisories!)
    Paperwork & some service history from Japan, receipts, auction grading provided.
    Fully serviced in July by JM-Imports.

Probably one of the least modified 180's in the country - unusual to find them in any kind of original shape with relatively low mileage.

Few aftermarket parts on the car as follows:

Gruppe M's Intake (Fitted in Japan)
    Greddy Turbo Timer (Fitted in Japan)
    Front & Rear strut braces (Fitted in Japan)
    Buddy Club Junior Spec Coilovers (Fitted in Japan, top end coilovers, not cheap!)
    HKS Hi-Power Exhaust (~£500 brand new from the USA in July)
    JPerformance De-cat (Fitted July)
    7Twenty Reinforced front tension rods (Fitted July)

Car sitting on Lightweight Buddy Club P1's. Tyre tread is getting low, could use changing for the winter.

Other than that the car is stock aside from an aftermarket passenger seat (believe it to be from an R32). Stock turbo, boost has never been raised, engine never messed with. Car has not seen track use or ever been drifted - not something that interests me like. Would make an excellent car for either though if that was the new owners purpose - lightweight, handles brilliantly and plenty of power thanks to the SR20.

No mechanical issues in my ownership, starts every time and all electrics (mirrors, lights etc) work as they should. Passed MOT with no mechanical advisories. Literally the only issue at all in my 6 months of ownership has been a very occasional small hesitation on boost - I looked everywhere for old/worn hoses and after replacing lots of vacuum hoses and changing the spark plugs the issue has disappeared. About the only other thing I can even think of is that it appears the floor of the boot has been welded at some point in the past.

Car has been resprayed professionally in Japan, and the majority of the paintwork looks excellent, however there are a few stone chips at the front, small marks here and there. Some paint has been touched up in places. The front bumper also has about an inch split along the bottom in the centre. The sills all round are rust free, the underneath and arches all round are rust free save from some light surface rust in only a few places. The only place of any notice is the rear quarters; there is some bubbling on the surface on the left & right rear quarters low down. I doubt it would be much to get it sorted - I haven't even thought about doing it as it really isn't very noticeable.

Have tried to describe the above cosmetic issues as honestly as possible, car is 20 years old after all. But really unless you're looking for most of them up close, the car overall looks pretty good and very clean thanks to the respray, the condition of most of the bodywork and it being pretty original.

S-body imports are getting very pricy nowadays; know I won't be able to afford another anytime soon with the current pound/yen exchange rate.
    Price Drop to £6750 ONO - Would be interested in a swap or deal for an AE86 or a JZX100.

Last edited by kjm180; 26-11-2016 at 16:33. Reason: Price Drop

Rides
    Bump & Price Drop to £6750 ONO!

Rides
    pm sent

Rides
    Now sold, gone to Germany
    Last edited by kjm180; 26-11-2016 at 16:33.