Thread: Tail lights wont turn off

Rides

Tail lights wont turn off

Has anybody had this issue im in the process of putting the car back together as soon as i connect the battery the tail lights (not break light) wont turn off and my speedo is illuminated constantly!! Every time i open the door a buzzing noise or chime is going of iv unplugged that now , none of my headlights are wired in yet so not sure if this will affect them either but i cant get them to turn off iv tried earths, fuses checked wiring etc ? Its for an s14a

Rides
    What have you had apart?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rides
    If im honest i bought it 90% completed im just trying to finish it off and then i can take it to get sprayed my guess was its all been apart it was a re shell

Rides
    To start i would pull the plugs from the light stalk to see if it is off then.

Rides
    I pulled all the plugs of i pulled one of then put it back on then another made no difrence at all to be fair

Rides
    Thats strange, sounds like a short. Is it a uk car? Could it have a jdm loom so the stalks are opposite or vice versa? Eg Wiper stalk plugged into lights if even possible?

Rides
    Its a uk car and no not as far as im aware mate

Rides
    Probably a stupid question but are the front fog lights turned on? I had a similar problem in my old S15 for a few days (speedo, front parking lights and rear tail lights illuminated despite lights being switched off), the car originally had front fog lights which were removed when the kit was fitted and I had inadvertently turned the fogs on which in turn was overriding the light swith to turn them on...

Rides
    Yer i dont have any foglights for it but i will definately have a look and make sure the switch isnt on

Rides
    I don't think they will even turn on unless the main lights are on.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by jon200 View Post
    I don't think they will even turn on unless the main lights are on.

That's what I thought and has been that way on every other car I've ever driven (turning lights off would also turn the fogs off) but on my S15 the fog switch didn't have any effect on the light switch & visa versa - but I've never driven a 14a so don't know how the switches are arranged.

Rides
    I have no clue to be honest il probly just end up getting an auto electrician to come and look at it to b fair after its been sprayed after xmas

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Trial_S15 View Post
    Probably a stupid question but are the front fog lights turned on? I had a similar problem in my old S15 for a few days (speedo, front parking lights and rear tail lights illuminated despite lights being switched off), the car originally had front fog lights which were removed when the kit was fitted and I had inadvertently turned the fogs on which in turn was overriding the light swith to turn them on...

Have also done this and took me a week of disconnecting the battery every night before I figured it out!

Rides
    On my import S14 with factory fogs if you flick the fog light on even with no other lights on the sidelights dashlights and taillights come on too, completely independent of light switch position so may well be that.

Rides
    Yeah fogs would be my guess, did this the otherday in my silvia haha, thought I'd ****ed some wiring.

Rides
    Asif seems weird for this to happen ok well once i put it all back together i will check this out

Rides
    I recon it's 100% a problem with the fog light, rear fog switch stays on and makes a beep with the door open

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Rides
    Did you sorth this in the end? Mines an import and has no front fogs any more so i have utilised the switch to power the rear fog in the reverse switch. I can confirm if you switch on the front fogs on the stalk it also switches on the sidelights and rear lights without having to switch the main light switch. I cant remember if my uk car was the same.

Rides
    To be fair the cars now getting painted so i cant check yet but will report bk once i have got it back and put it all together