Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Talk to me: Ford Kuga 2.0TDCI 180ps Titanium AWD

Watfor(d), but now temp in Stutton, Zuffuk..., then temp in Armitage (Bog centre of the world)... then FINNNALY to Quarry Bonk, Brum!! puff puff.
    Rides

Talk to me: Ford Kuga 2.0TDCI 180ps Titanium AWD

Hi all, I've been looking at replacing my Saab 9-5 Estate with another 9-5, but...

...a mate who works in the industry has offered me a ludicrously low cost deal to lease a Ford Kuga 2.0TDCI 180ps Titanium AWD over 3 years. The deal stems from a mix of 'mates rates', current model run out period being almost up, & a quarterly target needing hitting by this Friday! OK, I wouldn't ever be contemplating this car under normal circumstances, but the terms are epic.

It's a specific car deal, & the standard spec is added to by black met paint, SatNav upgrade, roof rails, privacy glass & rear parking sensors. I'm told it's a Motability cancelled order, so am a bit surprised to find it's a manual G.Box. The car is built & available to be registered this Fri. & I'd be picking it up Mid Oct.

I'd probs add a tuning box to take the power to 230ps & 490nms, but other than that, I won't end up owning it so won't spend a penny modifying in any way! Servicing inc. tyres, etc. is included to the tune of 18k p.a.

SO, - just checking to see what experience, advice & thoughts the SXOC Collective have ref the Kuga? (obvs. expecting some urine to be removed)

Ta all,

Rob.
    Last edited by BWanderers; 27-09-2016 at 14:45.

Self confessed player of the pink oboe docwra's Avatar
    Rides
    Errr ........... why?

A mate had one, I cant actually remember anything about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by scimmy ben
    I get the feeling that this would only work if we could pursuade Ernest Borgnine to drive the Isle of Wight to Portsmouth hovercraft.
    Quote Originally Posted by sprout
    After I shave my balls swarfega helps soothe, but means the hair grows back quite quickly, so give it a go

Watfor(d), but now temp in Stutton, Zuffuk..., then temp in Armitage (Bog centre of the world)... then FINNNALY to Quarry Bonk, Brum!! puff puff.
    Rides
    #Toocheaptosaynoto
    No reason bar monthly costs s0o low I can't run a used car for the same! No MoT, No servicing & no maintenance costs. Just a dull uninspiring car aimed at an audience that isn't me! No one's going to pretend my SX will be a fault free zone for 3 years, & the Kuga would be in essence just a back-up set of wheels on my drive. The fact it's diesel, 4x4, & loads up like a van when the seats are dropped, makes it 'practical' for me.

R.

Rides
    They're great to drive, and the cabin is a nice place to be.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by BWanderers View Post
    Hi all, I've been looking at replacing my Saab 9-5 Estate with another 9-5, but...

...a mate who works in the industry has offered me a ludicrously low cost deal to lease a Ford Kuga 2.0TDCI 180ps Titanium AWD over 3 years. The deal stems from a mix of 'mates rates', current model run out period being almost up, & a quarterly target needing hitting by this Friday! OK, I wouldn't ever be contemplating this car under normal circumstances, but the terms are epic.

It's a specific car deal, & the standard spec is added to by black met paint, SatNav upgrade, roof rails, privacy glass & rear parking sensors. I'm told it's a Motability cancelled order, so am a bit surprised to find it's a manual G.Box. The car is built & available to be registered this Fri. & I'd be picking it up Mid Oct.

I'd probs add a tuning box to take the power to 230ps & 490nms, but other than that, I won't end up owning it so won't spend a penny modifying in any way! Servicing inc. tyres, etc. is included to the tune of 18k p.a.

SO, - just checking to see what experience, advice & thoughts the SXOC Collective have ref the Kuga? (obvs. expecting some urine to be removed)

Ta all,

Rob.
    18k pa Wtf

Surly a second hand car total cost would be less even if you put £100 of fuel in it per week you still have over 10k to play with. I'm sure there are loads of nice cars out there reasonable priced at the 6 to 7 and the rest can be put on insurance tax and services. Seems like a rip off to me for a boring at bat shit car. 18k that's more then a grand a month!!! Neither my Skyline or my Silvia cost that combined per month to run and maintain seriously my advise don't do it.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by auz200sx View Post
    18k pa Wtf

Surly a second hand car total cost would be less even if you put £100 of fuel in it per week you still have over 10k to play with. I'm sure there are loads of nice cars out there reasonable priced at the 6 to 7 and the rest can be put on insurance tax and services. Seems like a rip off to me for a boring at bat shit car. 18k that's more then a grand a month!!! Neither my Skyline or my Silvia cost that combined per month to run and maintain seriously my advise don't do it.
    No mate, the 18k per annum refers to the annual mileage the included svc & maintenance plan covers, not the cost. Tyres, brakes, wiper blades, etc are all included. I won't be spending a penny on owt but fuel & insurance. The lease allows for 18k per year x 3 years.

Rides
    Thats good mileage for a lease they are normally 6-9k.

Focus based so will drive well, Tittys are well specced too. Engine is the PSA lump and not bad (better than the smaller 1.4/1.6). Like you say new Kuga is out soon (which looks like a mini Edge) so plenty of deals to be had. Same for Fiesta and Focus.

4x4 system does put a dent in the mpg but you should still see low to mid 40s.
    Quote Originally Posted by silverzx View Post
    I like Mark, he seems fair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slip_n_slide View Post
    Mark is right.

Rides
    Exactly what my wife's got. We've had it about three months. She loves it - she has limited mobility at times and finds it really easy to live with.
    Ok place to be, engine's pretty quiet, has decent pull, and she finds it really comfy.
    In her mixed work commute returns a shade over 40mpg, best we've had was a super dull 160 mile journey at 70 this weekend with 2 adults and a toddler, and it got about 47. Not great, but not awful.
    The only thing she doesn't like it's the Back, which is seriously clunky to enter destinations, but ok once on the go.
    I, on the other hand, really dislike it because it's git everything i dislike in a car! Upright seating, diesel engine, feel-less steering, etc. But that's totally not what it's about. And it's not my car, so it doesn't matter! It's very different to my 95 Aero!

Rides
    They seem to be the car of choice in my works. about 10 of them for some reason,and whilst I haven't heard much raving I also haven't heard any issues either! sorry not much help I know

You only need two tools in life - wd-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the wd-40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape.

And if you can't fix it with a hammer,you've got an electrical problem!

Rides
    Personally I would only consider it if the deal is £200/m or less. I only say that because that figure a little under half what my Z has cost me over the last year, and I couldn't possibly live with myself if I had a dull car which didn't save me a lot of money.
    If it meets all your needs and you don't mind the horrible grandma-spec Ford seating position, then go for it.

Rides
    Thanks gents, some good info there. Mark, I hadn't realised the source of the 2.0TDCi, but PSA know what they're doing when it comes to oil burners, so all good. Si, is your wife's the manual 4x4 180ps? If so the MPG sounds reasonable for the vehicle type, if way off what the dodgy fuel consumption figures indicate... I averaged 28->31 around town from my Stg3 Aero Est, but if locked on to cruise control & travelling D. Miss D. style I had got 38mpg.

The tuning box mod on the Kuga should see power up from 400nm to 480->490, & BHP from 148 to about 220->227, which should be OK for the 1700+kg weight.

Sort of looking forward to it, but will genuinely miss the Saab & it's Q. car pace. My SX now won't be finished til late Oct or even early Nov, so the Kuga will be where I can get my S's. & G's for a month or more... (Rolls eyes)

Ta,
    R.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by fridx View Post
    Personally I would only consider it if the deal is £200/m or less. I only say that because that figure a little under half what my Z has cost me over the last year, and I couldn't possibly live with myself if I had a dull car which didn't save me a lot of money.
    If it meets all your needs and you don't mind the horrible grandma-spec Ford seating position, then go for it.
    It is mate, not by a huge margin, but I do know I'm being done a favour.) I'd have to admit that if I didn't have some SX joy to look forward to, it'd need to be wearing some RS badges to save me from an early self inflicted demise.

R.
    Last edited by BWanderers; 28-09-2016 at 14:18.

Rides
    Christ. £200 a month for 18k miles a year on an AWD Kuga with Nav and appearance pack. If you don't want it I'll have it!

I've got the FWD 150ps version and love it. Don't get me wrong, it's not exciting but it's bloody convenient, hassle free and a nice drive to get me from A to B.

Oh, and I'm paying a lot more than £200 a month for it.

Rides
    Tis a deal! It's taken a lot to stop me getting another 9-5 as my sensible, but the £'s on this one were irresistible. I'm lead to believe I won't be able to reproduce the same figs in 3 years time unless I marry the girl! (Her words) I have known her for 22+ years. Shame to say it's still rarer than it should be to find a female senior manager in the motor industry.

I checked out the original Motability deal the car was ordered to fulfil, & that was a £800+ deposit & some thing like £220/£230 a month, but that supposedly included insurance as well. Some of the options/extras are on it because Motability users get them free, but the SatNav etc, were extras the original recipient was paying hard cash for.

It'll do!

R.
    Last edited by BWanderers; 28-09-2016 at 15:14.

Rides
    That's a cracking deal.

Mate of mine has one but it's about 6 years old I think. Drives well. Comfy nice place to be. I would.

Rides
    Is there no option for a FWD model that will use less fuel? At 18k miles a year you could save a fair chunk if that's an option.

Rides
    Sounds like a very good deal.

I don't think you will get anywhere near the power increase you are hoping for with a tuning box tho

Rides
    Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow but soon and for the rest of the lease...

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by handsomedez View Post
    Is there no option for a FWD model that will use less fuel? At 18k miles a year you could save a fair chunk if that's an option.
    This is a car thats already built and surplus to requirements which is why he is getting the deal he is getting. He could get a FWD version but it would cost him a lot more.
    Mark is right.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by shifty babe View Post
    Christ. £200 a month for 18k miles a year on an AWD Kuga with Nav and appearance pack. If you don't want it I'll have it!

I've got the FWD 150ps version and love it. Don't get me wrong, it's not exciting but it's bloody convenient, hassle free and a nice drive to get me from A to B.

Oh, and I'm paying a lot more than £200 a month for it.
    Do you still work for Ford as well

Not sure how they are making any money on that, a Fiesta ST on 6k a year will cost you more than that and that has a 10k lower list price.
    Mark is right.