Thread: advice on turbo gaskets

Rides

advice on turbo gaskets

I have a blow on my exhaust around the turbo so I am changing the manifold gaskets to cosmetic I have order the copper manifold to turbo gasket but I can not find a copper turbo to elbow fast or any performance gasket for that matter can anyone point me in the right direction

Rides
    Just get the OEM Nissan ones, they're better quality than any of the aftermarket alternatives

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Actual_Ben_Taylor View Post
    Just get the OEM Nissan ones, they're better quality than any of the aftermarket alternatives
    ^^^wot he said.
    I don't think there is such a thing as a performance gasket, just gaskets that last more than 5miles.

If the exhaust is properly mounted and has a good support to the gearbox , it shouldn't swing about to the extent where it causes turbo gasket failure. Flailing exhausts will cause any turbo gasket to fail.
    Given that, OEM Nissan gaskets last the longest ; provided their fixing studs/nuts don't come loose of course.
    Nissan used locking tabs. Others use other methods of making sure the nuts don't come loose. K-Nuts, exhaust paste, there are a few options.

Turbo gaskets are a proper pain in the arse of a job, and a common one. If exhaust is secured, OEM quality gaskets, and make sure the nuts don't come loose, you should be good for 100000miles.

Cosmetic should I think be Cometic too, unless you're buying on eBay

Rides
    You are right about cometic predictive text got me . thanks for the advice I will order a genuine one

Rides
    I had loads of problems with gaskets, went through 3 or 4 before I got a nissan one. I should have gotten that first time!

Rides
    Genuine datsun ftw

Rides
    iirc S15 gaskets are best? That could just be the manifold to head gaskets... but I think they were triple layered

Rides
    S15 one is most definitely an upgrade to S13/S14 SR20DET cars

Part No for that is 14036-75F00 in case anyone wonders