Thread: Anyone used these coilpacks.....

Rides

Anyone used these coilpacks.....

Got a misfire problem, starting to rule things out and next in line is the coil packs, had a problem with them a few years ago and got some 2nd hand ones, so thought buying new might be a better option this time, seen these.......

http://www.maxspeedingrods.co.uk/hig...det-x4pcs.html

Didn't know if anyone had any experience with them?

Rides
    Get some Audi R8 coilpacks only smidge more money but can't go wrong with them can get rid of ignition amp too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rides
    Are the Audi ones a straight swap, can't be doing with messing about with wiring etc, especially when it comes to the ignition side of things.
    Also worried they'll make me drive like a twat.....

Rides
    Found some details about it, thanks......

Rides
    Theres a couple of guides. As long as you can use a soldering iron and heat shrink you will be fine.. only 8 wires need joining then coilpack loom needs modding, get stuck, give me a pm

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by mantachris View Post
    Got a misfire problem, starting to rule things out and next in line is the coil packs, had a problem with them a few years ago and got some 2nd hand ones, so thought buying new might be a better option this time, seen these.......

http://www.maxspeedingrods.co.uk/hig...det-x4pcs.html

Didn't know if anyone had any experience with them?
    They look like re branded superspark atomics a popular alternative here I have them and have no problem with them for the last three years. Very well made I did get the S15 Ones for my Zenki S14 and used a couple of washers to Get the right height as they are slightly longer.
    Last edited by auz200sx; 18-09-2016 at 22:22.

Rides
    Took a chance and ordered some, seem like decent quality, will get them fitted this weekend and hope it sorts the problem.....

Rides
    I've had ones that looked similar to that, they died after a few months. I suspect they over heated due to me putting the spark plug cover on with no ventilation. Would suggest using a vented cover or leaving it off altogether to help keep them cooler

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike41288 View Post
    I've had ones that looked similar to that, they died after a few months. I suspect they over heated due to me putting the spark plug cover on with no ventilation. Would suggest using a vented cover or leaving it off altogether to help keep them cooler

Z33 coils are another option but are not a direct fit (mine are from Martin at MB Automotive). AEM look to offer some nice coils, not sure if they're plug and play though. They're one of the few aftermarket brands I trust.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by BLAKTOOTH View Post
    Z33 coils are another option but are not a direct fit (mine are from Martin at MB Automotive). AEM look to offer some nice coils, not sure if they're plug and play though. They're one of the few aftermarket brands I trust.
    I was told about Z33 coils after my car got mapped and the coilpacks couldn't take more than 1.3bar boost. How much did it all cost you to do?

Rides
    Got R8 coils on mine
    22-24psi with 1.1 plug gap and no misfires, work great.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamRPS13 View Post
    I was told about Z33 coils after my car got mapped and the coilpacks couldn't take more than 1.3bar boost. How much did it all cost you to do?
    I bought them 2nd hand for a good price. Best off speaking to Martin. He can also do an R8 coil kit but they're quite expensive. I'm very happy so far with the Z33's, car runs lovely.