Thread: Brit Hacker with Asbergers to be extradited to the US to face charges

Rides

Brit Hacker with Aspergers to be extradited to the US to face charges

http://news.sky.com/story/alleged-br...in-us-10580388

Now I understand the authorities need to be seen to do something, but surely instead of punishing this guy, they should be recruiting him to help them fix all the holes in their security that he found.

However if this doesn't happen, then his best defence is just to say. "It wasn't me, it was Mr Robot"
    Last edited by Asht_200; 16-09-2016 at 15:40.

Rides
    I have to agree with you there, clearly the guy isn't an international security threat (ok he broke the law) but is obviously seriously cleaver. I mean I lock myself out of my own laptop

I'm sure the likes of Microsoft and employed those that have hacked their servers, but I guess it just depends on what he has done with the hacked data.

Rides
    Been speaking to colleague here who's Son has Asperger and he said that people with Asperger generally cannot see understand another person's point of view, so although he was technically breaking the law - it is unlikely that he could see it that way.

Can't tell the difference cleanhands's Avatar
    Rides
    To be fair, people with aspergers can be insufferable twats.

Sent from my 5051X using Tapatalk

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Asht_200 View Post
    Been speaking to colleague here who's Son has Asperger and he said that people with Asperger generally cannot see understand another person's point of view, so although he was technically breaking the law - it is unlikely that he could see it that way.
    My son is autistic and trying to get him to understand things when he has made his mind up is near impossible.
    This poor lad won't understand that he has broken laws, it will be terrifying for him facing this.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by cleanhands View Post
    To be fair, people with aspergers can be insufferable twats.

Sent from my 5051X using Tapatalk
    They can, but often no more than people who don't have Aspergers. At least if you have Aspergers, you kind of have an excuse

Rides
    this is a pretty close subject to me, as when I was 9 years old I was diagnosed with aspergers (autism) and struggled alot for many years.

I used to have some terrible habits that my parents tried to accommodate, such as I would only wear navy blue tracksuit bottoms (Cotten kind) and black t shirts for about 5 years.

I didn't go to school from the ages of 11-14 as I just wanted to be isolated the whole time, I was also seriously obsessive other stuff.

other things are like, being very clumsy (tripping over myself alot) not paying attention (like losing focus on things )

mine was very particular called nominated verbal learning disorder. basically if someone sits there and tries to explain something to me I really struggle. but if you drew a diagram or wrote it down I can remember it and carry the task out perfectly.

it's a very odd thing to live with tbh, stress effects me quite a lot, I'm usually on edge all the time and struggle to relax/switch off, but finding certain things to help calm me down has helped massively over the years into getting into a 'normal' state as such.