Thread: Which Duck Tail?

Rides

Which Duck Tail?

I'm interested in a duck tail (not to be confused with 80s cartoon Duck Tales...). Just because they look cool.

There's a few on eBay, but having never bought body-kit mods before, I'm scared.

Has anyone any experience of the quality of the following items? They are all about the same price.

JDMBodyshop (Bit concerned that most of the picks are of a single, not yet fitted item, and the rest are clearly stock images of proper Rocket Bunny parts.)

grams

BYBS Performance

Thoughts?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by daveyboydave View Post
    I'm interested in a duck tail (not to be confused with 80s cartoon Duck Tales...). Just because they look cool.

There's a few on eBay, but having never bought body-kit mods before, I'm scared.

Has anyone any experience of the quality of the following items? They are all about the same price.

JDMBodyshop (Bit concerned that most of the picks are of a single, not yet fitted item, and the rest are clearly stock images of proper Rocket Bunny parts.)

grams

BYBS Performance

Thoughts?
    Personally I'd get a kouki spoiler much better looking

Rides
    Out of them 3 I'd go for grams, I brought a vertex rep front bumper from them, haven't fitted it yet but it's a lot stronger than any other fibreglass parts I've purchased! Either that or try srb

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rides
    been temped by the rocket bunny spolier myself but scared about fitting it as its riveted on (or can be glued i guess).

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by sx rider r17t View Post
    been temped by the rocket bunny spolier myself but scared about fitting it as its riveted on (or can be glued i guess).
    I know mine (and the others I've seen) need quite a bit of "stretching" over the boot to make it fit, so don't think glue would be man enough

Rides
    I have an aerokit one and the quality looks good. But as kingk said it needs stretching as when I rivited it it had bulges between the rivets. Still yet to sort these out yet, would welcome suggestions, thinking some epoxy resin as it can easily be pushed flush

SXOC Trader - Walton Motorsport walton_motorsport's Avatar
    Rides
    how about the ones we sell - https://www.waltonmotorsport.com/pro...kits-spoilers/

they are hand laminated in the UK using 650g glass fibre matting, which is the superior method used in production of panels.

also not using Rocket Bunnys photos they are photos of the actual product that we sell, Use discount code SXOCKIT to get an extra 10% off the price

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by auz200sx View Post
    Personally I'd get a kouki spoiler much better looking
    Very helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by kingk View Post
    Out of them 3 I'd go for grams, I brought a vertex rep front bumper from them, haven't fitted it yet but it's a lot stronger than any other fibreglass parts I've purchased! Either that or try srb
    I'd heard very good things about SRB, but apparently they don't do ducktails.

Quote Originally Posted by kingk View Post
    I know mine (and the others I've seen) need quite a bit of "stretching" over the boot to make it fit, so don't think glue would be man enough
    How do you go about stretching it? I was planning on riveting.

Quote Originally Posted by walton_motorsport View Post
    Never come across your business before but it looks like a great range of products. But you'll forgive me if I look for a second opinion on your products - I wouldn't expect an unbiased view from its manufacturer!

What's the deal with the high-level brake light? Does the spoiler cover it neatly? And do they cover the OEM mounting holes?

Rides
    I've fixed mine on with roofing screws, but that's just because I've used them on my overfenders etc because I wanted a more aggressive look. But I was originally going to fit with rivets. You just need to fix the middle first then apply pressure to each end to pull it in closer. You can see in one of the photos in the eBay adds the gap at each end

Rides
    Mine (aerokit) covered the rear high level brake light pretty much followed the boot lid. The rear spoiler mount holes were covered but not the front ones.

Rides
    Very helpful.
    Never come across your business before but it looks like a great range of products. But you'll forgive me if I look for a second opinion on your products - I wouldn't expect an unbiased view from its manufacturer!
    The products are made by Kinzuru Kits, Who have had customer service issues in the past, however that's why we sell the products on their behalf, So you deal with us. Our Background is mainly in production of Exhaust Manifolds and systems, but we are also the UK Distributor of Cosmis Wheels

In terms of quality and fit, there are lots of people run our kits, Adam Elder the Gymkhana/ Formula G/barrel Sprint driver has this product fitted (pictured below)
    Other users of our products include, Baggsy, Julian Smith, Slide Motorsport, Luke Woodham, Mark Lappage to name a few. but they are all sponsored drivers, there are many happy customers out there also.

Last edited by walton_motorsport; 15-09-2016 at 15:31.

Rides
    Also worth mentioning that if you have issues with fit/quality of the product we will have it collected and issue a full refund or replacement, although that is unusual

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by walton_motorsport View Post
    Also worth mentioning that if you have issues with fit/quality of the product we will have it collected and issue a full refund or replacement, although that is unusual
    Thanks for the info, I think I'm sold.

Next question: which over fenders are those on the Adam Elder picture above?

Rides
    They look like a rocket bunny style to me

Rides
    Very helpful.
    No problem just my personal opinion.

Rides
    Thanks for the info, I think I'm sold.

Next question: which over fenders are those on the Adam Elder picture above?
    They are S13 Rocket Bunny Arches that they have trimmed to fit, Kinzuru don't produce a specific S14 application due to low demand unfortunately. We do a Rocket Bunny S14 (not S14a) kit but it doesn't use that style of arch - https://www.waltonmotorsport.com/pro...odel=1690,1695