Thread: Definite alternative diff ABS sensor

Rides

Definite alternative diff ABS sensor

Hi chaps, now I thought I'd make a quick little thread to possibly help you all out in the future for the dreaded diff abs sensor on the s14/A. I had broken mine in a ham fisted attempt and trying to remove it to clean the diff for paint, at the time not making a big fuss as I thought it would be a on the shelf sort of part from most motor factors (how wrong was I?!).
    So basically I done some research into this and see there was a few different sensors that would work and I also asked for advice from a few different members but nothing seemed too positive to correct my problem other than a specific part number.
    So I ordered up a Bosch 0265006 abs wheel sensor from euro car parts for a MG TF. It fit into the diff casing a treat, before I hacked it apart I made up a little loom to test it and see if I was getting any readings via a multimeter and I was! Bonus. So I then persued to remove the old plug from the knackered sensor to solder onto the new sensor here's a few photos to help

This is the new untouched sensor again reiterating from a MG TF

The only thing that will need modifying other than the plug is the mounting hole as its a tad too short but easily modified to fit.

The full part number for you guys

The new diff ABS sensor! Plug it in the light goes off along with your worries!

Thank you and goodnight!

Hopefully this short guide will help you fellow s-body owners out in the future.

Lee

Rides
    Good info, thanks

Rides
    That's a great shout, well done.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Rides
    Maybe an idea to be made as another Sticky in the useful threads as its more descriptive ETC.