Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Top 10 Movies

Rides

Top 10 Movies

So time for a round up again. This isn't the top 10 best films you have seen... Your top 10 favourite movies.

For me:

1. Drive (2011) Brilliant acting, great car chases and sensational soundtrack
    2. Tron Legacy - Brilliant film, brilliant Soundtrack
    3. The Dark Knight Rises - I'm going against many saying this
    4. Black Hawk Down - has me on the edge of my seat every time I watch this
    5. Bourne Supremacy - the best of the first 3. Paul Greengrass is an amazing director
    6. The Hunger Games - not much to say. Great story, great acting, great soundtrack and fit bird
    7. South Park, Bigger Longer Un Cut. What can you say. Musical fit for broadway. Anyone who can fit a fart sequence into where a tap-dance should fit is a genius
    8. Old School - I want to join a fraternity, end of
    9. Wolf of Wall Street - LUDES!
    10. Die Hard - It is the film to show off any sound system

Post yours

Rides
    Top ten films eh?

1, Aliens - all time Fav... lots of shooting, aliens, shooting, aliens and quips. ohh and shooting.
    2, Terminator 2 - lots of shooting, robots, shooting, robots and stuff going boom.. ohh and shooting.
    3, Die hard (see above)
    4, Independence day (the first one) - Lots of shooting, aliens, things going boom, aliens, shooting and more things going boom.
    5, Ghostbusters (the first one) - Better than the 2nd and the thing they just released.
    6, Startrek 2 (Khannnnnn) - Epic, excellent and down right brilliant - one of the best films ever imho not just sci-fi.
    7, The Matrix (the first) - Trailblazing, Fx and epic story.
    8, Doctor Strangelove - Honestly if you aint watched this then you aint lived, one of the funniest films ever.
    9, Fifth Element - Hilarious and epic at the same time.
    10, Avengers - Far better than i thought it would be, a great modern film designed to pull in £££s but not bad at the same time.

Special mentions to Deadpool, Close encounters, The Martian, Gravity, The first 3 star wars films (duh) and the legendary Das boot.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by sideways14a View Post
    Top ten films eh?

1, Aliens - all time Fav... lots of shooting, aliens, shooting, aliens and quips. ohh and shooting.
    2, Terminator 2 - lots of shooting, robots, shooting, robots and stuff going boom.. ohh and shooting.
    3, Die hard (see above)
    4, Independence day (the first one) - Lots of shooting, aliens, things going boom, aliens, shooting and more things going boom.
    5, Ghostbusters (the first one) - Better than the 2nd and the thing they just released.
    6, Startrek 2 (Khannnnnn) - Epic, excellent and down right brilliant - one of the best films ever imho not just sci-fi.
    7, The Matrix (the first) - Trailblazing, Fx and epic story.
    8, Doctor Strangelove - Honestly if you aint watched this then you aint lived, one of the funniest films ever.
    9, Fifth Element - Hilarious and epic at the same time.
    10, Avengers - Far better than i thought it would be, a great modern film designed to pull in £££s but not bad at the same time.

Special mentions to Deadpool, Close encounters, The Martian, Gravity, The first 3 star wars films (duh) and the legendary Das boot.
    Nice list.

I made mine from the ones I tend to re-watch the most

Interstellar and the Martian should probably be on there then

Rides
    Yeah interstellar is good, worth a pop.
    Quite enjoy some of the new Marvel films but most of them are just popcorn fodder.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by sideways14a View Post
    Yeah interstellar is good, worth a pop.
    Quite enjoy some of the new Marvel films but most of them are just popcorn fodder.
    I enjoy them, but only watch them once. Hence not on top 10. Nolan's Batman gets more plays

Rides
    hmm

1.scarface, awesome film that I've lost count of how many times I've seen "don't you dare **** me"
    2.star wars return of the Jedi, dunno why this just captivated me as a child.
    3.the godfather, need I say more?
    4.aliens, love all hr gigers work, really twisted in a cool way.
    5.evil dead (newer version) because gore is awesome.
    6. cabin in the woods, takes the piss out of alot of horror films yet is good in its own sense.
    7. I spit on your grave, ****ed up on another level, but good in my books for true evil and showing how bad mankind can be.
    8. Shawshank redemption, such an amazing classic film, watched this so many times over my life.
    9.shutter island, the only film to really have amazing plot twists and keep me guessing at every turn.
    10. the ring, watched it back when I was like 11 years old? gave me nightmares for WEEKS, but started my love of horror films off.

Rides
    1. Predator
    2. Topgun
    3. Bad Boys
    4. Days of Thunder
    5. Terminator 2
    6. Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
    7. Face Off
    8. Blues Brothers
    9. Universal Soldier (I'm all ears! )
    10. Lethal Weapon 2/Die Hard with Vengeance (can't pick between the two)

As you can see, there seems to be a general theme here... What can I say, i'm an action junkie

I have judged these on the sheer amount of times they have been watched in my life.

All of the above get smashed by the TV series Band of Brothers. That takes the crown for being my favourite all time bit of TV entertainment. I doubt it will ever get knocked off the Top

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Zornyan View Post
    hmm

1.scarface, awesome film that I've lost count of how many times I've seen "don't you dare **** me"
    2.star wars return of the Jedi, dunno why this just captivated me as a child.
    3.the godfather, need I say more?
    4.aliens, love all hr gigers work, really twisted in a cool way.
    5.evil dead (newer version) because gore is awesome.
    6. cabin in the woods, takes the piss out of alot of horror films yet is good in its own sense.
    7. I spit on your grave, ****ed up on another level, but good in my books for true evil and showing how bad mankind can be.
    8. Shawshank redemption, such an amazing classic film, watched this so many times over my life.
    9.shutter island, the only film to really have amazing plot twists and keep me guessing at every turn.
    10. the ring, watched it back when I was like 11 years old? gave me nightmares for WEEKS, but started my love of horror films off.
    There are some seriously good films on that list... Shawshank, Godfather, Aliens, Scarface.....

But are they the films you watch over and over again?

Shawshank is my best film ever, but only watched it 5 times since it came out

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidewaysfun View Post
    1. Predator
    2. Topgun
    3. Bad Boys
    4. Days of Thunder
    5. Terminator 2
    6. Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
    7. Face Off
    8. Blues Brothers
    9. Universal Soldier (I'm all ears! )
    10. Lethal Weapon 2/Die Hard with Vengeance (can't pick between the two)

As you can see, there seems to be a general theme here... What can I say, i'm an action junkie

I have judged these on the sheer amount of times they have been watched in my life.

All of the above get smashed by the TV series Band of Brothers. That takes the crown for being my favourite all time bit of TV entertainment. I doubt it will ever get knocked off the Top
    Number of TV shows could knock off Band of Brothers.....

The Unit
    Game of Thrones
    Breaking Bad
    Dexter
    The Shield etc

But I divulge.....

That is a seriously good list. How could I leave out Days of Thunder or Top Gun? I can leave Predator and T2 alone, I don't watch them that much. And I preferred Broken Arrow to Face Off

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Asht_200 View Post
    There are some seriously good films on that list... Shawshank, Godfather, Aliens, Scarface.....

But are they the films you watch over and over again?

Shawshank is my best film ever, but only watched it 5 times since it came out
    yep, watch scarface at least 20 times over the years, shawshank maybe 10-15?

I don't watch many films more than once, anything that gets more than a single view is a winner imo.

also, note able mention to American hustle, saw that when it came out and was very very good. oh and 300, again love the film. just didn't make it high enough up my list

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Rides
    I think the only film I have watched on purpose multiple times is Kung Pow. How do you have a couple of hours to spare to watch something where you know what will happen? Seems like a random thing to do, but I am on the random side I guess.

Rides
    I am embarrassed to say, the only film that has ever made me shed a tear is........

And was recent.....

Armageddon

FFS

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Asht_200 View Post
    Number of TV shows could knock off Band of Brothers.....

The Unit
    Game of Thrones
    Breaking Bad
    Dexter
    The Shield etc

But I divulge.....

That is a seriously good list. How could I leave out Days of Thunder or Top Gun? I can leave Predator and T2 alone, I don't watch them that much. And I preferred Broken Arrow to Face Off
    It was difficult to choose between Face Off and Con Air.

Rides
    Top ten films for me to watch over and over (in no real order):
    Trainspotting
    Face (and not Face Off)
    The Crow
    Dark Knight Rises
    Die Hard
    Young Guns
    The Matrix
    Bill & Ted
    The Sting
    Dark City

Plenty more that I will watch repeatedly, but if they're on, I have no choice!

Rides
    Actually, I need to do another list as well

Rides
    The crow is a great shout. Forgotten about that little gem

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Evilchap View Post
    I think the only film I have watched on purpose multiple times is Kung Pow. How do you have a couple of hours to spare to watch something where you know what will happen? Seems like a random thing to do, but I am on the random side I guess.

for me it's whenever I've been bored, or if friends haven't seen it, then it's my duty to introduce them to it.

and my Mrs, she'd never seen a single star wars, Alien, scarface or godfather film.

Rides
    Ten you've likely not seen:

Title ---------------------- IMDb Rating
    Double Indemnity (1944) --- 8.4 ------- http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0036775/
    The Big Clock (1948) ------ 7.7 -------- http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0040160/
    Time After Time (1979) ---- 7.2 -------- http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0080025/
    Le Professionnel (1981) ---- 7.7 -------- http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0082949/
    House of Games (1987) ---- 7.3 -------- http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0093223/
    Midnight Run (1988) ------- 7.6 -------- http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0095631/
    Death Machine (1994) ----- 5.7*-------- http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0109575/
    The Last Seduction (1994) - 7.1 -------- http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0110308/
    Primal Fear (1996) --------- 7.7 -------- http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0117381/
    Narc (2002) --------------- 7.2 -------- http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0272207/

* Low budget homage to the Terminator / Aliens genre that many mistake for a knock off

Rides
    Not really a list of mostly action movies that have been posted so far but these are the films I have in my DVD collection of 15 films that I regularly watch.

1. Apocalypse Now - The Doors opening track I watch 5-6 times every time I watch the film.
    2. Catch 22 – Just so cynical
    3. Betty Blue - I like weird French stuff
    4. The Witness - I like Susan Sarandon
    5. Enemy of the State - Will Smith AND Gene Hackman - Gold
    6. Dogville - Its so weird I can't help myself
    7. Seven pounds - Will Smith at his best
    8. Amelie - For the gnome. Uplifting
    9. The Sure Thing - Just because. Of its time. Nobody under 45 would get it.
    10. One flew over the Cuckoos Nest – Jack’s finest hour

Another two I have but don't watch regularly are Silence of the Lambs and Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon.
    Last edited by Jonny Wilkinson; 10-09-2016 at 10:15.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by lhassall View Post
    Ten you've likely not seen:

Title ---------------------- IMDb Rating
    Le Professionnel (1981) ---- 7.7 -------- http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0082949/
    Otherwise known as Leon. Jean Reno and Natalie Portman. On my list of Top 10 movies ever made. The Directors cut is awesome