Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Precious - Jonny Wilkinson's white S13

Rides
    And so, finally we come to the engine…

The inlet valves fitted when new were faulty resulting in low compression at 31K miles. This is the only problem I’ve ever had with the engine.

The exhaust-side turbo gasket has been blowing slightly for 13 years. I’ve been waiting for it to get worse but it hasn’t.

In the engine bay…

The WMIC has been replaced with a Apex Type 1 FMIC (see earlier post) which is radiator mounted rather than bumper mounted so it works with a standard battery. A cold air feed is fed from the vent that originally fed the WMIC (through the original holes for WMIC pipework) into the bay to a stainless airbox and K&N cone filter to the standard AFM. The pipework is an expensive, custom-fitment combination of stainless pipework and matt-black Viper Performance silicone joiners with quality stainless bolt-tightening (not worm-drive) Mikalor-style clamps. Air passes through the aircon interchanger then the FMIC then the radiator with a custom-made (by me) lexan-clear slam panel. See this thread for details…
    http://sxoc.com/vbb/showthread.php?587827

At the same time, the turbo boost was turned-up to 16 psi by fitment of an Apex manual boost controller aka a Bren Device, the boost gauge in the ashtray, a Sytec 255 fuel pump, fitment of a Mongoose cat-less turbo-back exhaust system and, of course, an H-D Stage 1 chip in a socketed ECU. Its worth noting that these cars will only hit 16 psi at 4K rpm after which it tails off to 9 psi at 6K due to the T25 not being able to provide enough puff.
    The AFRs were checked and I have a readout that shows it making 240 bhp and 245 lb/ft of torque with slightly rich AFRs across the board. Slightly rich is healthy. Slightly lean would have been bad.

I have a full Stage 3+ package available separately that I was intending to fit during an engine removal to re-spray the engine bay.
    The package is documented in an earlier post but I would just point out that it’s a pretty rare set of new and nearly new parts that I think would work really nicely on the car. I'll try to get a pic of the package all laid out one evening.

Any more questions ??? Please either give me a call or come and see the car in the flesh. I doubt you'll be disappointed.

Rides
    Oh man, if I had a garage to keep her I'd be buying this from you but it is too clean to be sat outside on my drive Glwts mate.

Rides
    Can't believe your selling it!

I was lucky enough to take this for a quick spin one evening, and it does drive really nice. Got to be one of the best examples.

Now can I have your French Weapon please
    bstmeetbllk

Rides
    I've had a little interest in some of the package parts so I'll give you first dibs on the FW Mani if I end up splitting it. First chance on the package goes to the buyer of the car. Second I'll try to sell it as a package after the car's gone and then I'll split the package. I hope you're not in a hurry.

There is already a queue for the power FC

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Jonny Wilkinson; 08-11-2016 at 13:19.

Rides
    Thanks Jonny. I'm not in any kind of rush for it. Good luck with your sale
    bstmeetbllk

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Pablo13 View Post
    Thanks Jonny. I'm not in any kind of rush for it. Good luck with your sale
    You'll have to come to a meet to collect it though

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Rides
    I did a compression test recently. Not for any reason other than I had the plugs out to clean them...

http://sxoc.com/vbb/showthread.php?588219

I also forgot to mention that the bulkhead below the windscreen has been stripped, the wiper rotor arm replaced with new OEM items, all traces of rust removed, primered up with Electrox and all put back together with a thin coat of grease in the triangular wells where the water and goo normally builds up.
    Why did I do it ? The ones on my burgundy S13 were knackered so I put the new ones on Precious and moved the original ones off Precious onto the Burgundy car as they were starting to show very slight signs of wear

Rides

Precious - Jonny Wilkinson's white S13

Hi Jonny,

My names Jonny, i now own this s13.

I was born in 1998 and have now just read everything i needed to know about the history of this car.

I will indeed take extremely good care of precious.

Long Live this s13 Jonny fatherhood

-Jonny

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jonny200sxs13; 27-07-2019 at 20:46.

Rides
    He'll be pleased with that. Enjoy the car new Jonny

Rides
    Nice one. Good to hear its going to be looked after by its new owner.

If you need any advice or info on the car's history, just PM me and I'll give you my phone number.

I hope you enjoy owning her as much as I did.