Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Advice needed for written off s13

Rides
    Looking at your pics but not knowing the spec, I'd say you were looking at 2,500-3,000 to replace with something of a similar order.

Rides
    I have sent them some more examples of cars for sale. They are genuine rear lights but the right one has been smashed at the bottom. I had not long had them fitted. Seriously gutted. When I spoke to the insurance yestarday they said there final offer was £1000 and could not do anything else. I feel I have spent more than this on the car and i'm going to be out of pocket for something that I had no control in. The paint on the car was not great and had a a little bit of rust under the drivers door mirror. The boot had a repair by previous owner and the filler had cracked but the rest of the car was solid, I spent 2 months welding under the car and fully repairing the sills. Had them cut out and made my own. Really appreciative the help by everyone.

Rides
    Sorry to say but unless you had an agreed value no chance you will get 2.5-3k for it.

Mine had a ps front and other than the front bumper and wings it was mint and i had to settle at 1800ish

Funnily enough i was with flux at the time! Greenlight ftw

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by pointz View Post
    Sorry to say but unless you had an agreed value no chance you will get 2.5-3k for it.

Mine had a ps front and other than the front bumper and wings it was mint and i had to settle at 1800ish

Funnily enough i was with flux at the time! Greenlight ftw
    agreed valuation ftw. took me some paperwork back and fourth and lots of pics/receipts. but got 3500 as an agreed valuation for my e36 should anything ever happen.

Rides
    Fair market value it should be covered for.

Rides
    £1000 is not fair value and that is an end of it. DO NOT SETTLE. You still have lots of options.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Rides
    OK. Let's see if we can get a bit of clarity here.
    Someone (insured with ins co A) crashed into your car.
    You are insured by ins co B through a broker called Adrian flux.
    So, who are you dealing with ?

Next, what are you being offered ?

£1000 for what ? To repair the damage ? In exchange for the car as its a write off ?

Are you being given £1000 plus the car back ? If so, is that after the excess has been taken off ?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Wilkinson View Post
    You has virus, Benny !
    Your not wrong mate everytime I try to open a app now all types of weird popups .will open up pics with my laptop aghhhh !

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Loopy_drifter View Post
    Fair market value it should be covered for.
    "Should be"

My car was worth more than £1800 and after refusing the 1st 2 offers i was informed that the 3rd offer was a final offer and if i didn't accept i would have to go down other routes to appeal the offer and risk the chance of losing out further.

We can argue it out here as much as we like but can't see him getting very far imho.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by pointz View Post
    "Should be"

My car was worth more than £1800 and after refusing the 1st 2 offers i was informed that the 3rd offer was a final offer and if i didn't accept i would have to go down other routes to appeal the offer and risk the chance of losing out further.

We can argue it out here as much as we like but can't see him getting very far imho.
    We need more context on your deal though, Rich. Was the claim against your insurer or someone else's ? Did you keep the salvage ? Was £1800 the value or the payout ? I.e. did that figure get reduced by the excess ?

We already know it was 3 years ago and values have more than doubled since then.

Rides
    Just stick to your guns. I had a right nightmare when my S15 was written off. They offered me something stupid and wouldn't budge an inch. Managed to sort it in the end after loads of adverts of cars, a letter from Torque GT with how much it costs to get another with the same spec etc. In the end I literally had to say to them OK if you want to give me £XXXX then go buy that exact car Torque had quoted for. They couldn't obviously.

I know it's slightly different as mine was an import, but same logic applies. Forget about agreed valuations etc they tried throwing that one at me, and of the day if you can't buy the same condition and spec car for what they are offering you then it's not enough. They have to pay you the market value of the car, which in current climates is a lot higher than it used to be and I dare say will go even higher in future years.

Good luck, they can be right arses at times (I know it's their job etc but still)

Rides
    My Subaru Forester sti was valued at £1000, i argued for three months whilst sat in my bmw x3 msport hire car that they paid for. In the end I got £4000 for it and they got left with a bill of £10,000 for the hire car. So just keep at it and get independent evaluation. This was also with flux, they use an engineering group call tech reports and they are F**KING S**T. I literally had to ask the engineer if he was deaf or dumb or both as the car was not a UK car and he needed to understand that but for some reason could not.

Rides
    yet more proof that flux aren't worth using, that offer is just insulting! Time to start getting independent advice, speak to your insurance and if you have legal cover with them start asking who you need to contact and how to proceed with it. They can't show you a single car for £1000 for sale today, so they have no right to start forcing you to accept and offer of well below market value

Rides
    I was always under the impression that flux just outsourced claims to 'claims companys'. so if I was insured through them and was involved in a non fault accident I would just go and choose my own and cut out the middle man.

it sound to me that they are just valuing it off glasses guide.

threads like this are rubbish as people always chime in with how their claim was dealt with but every claim is unique so has to be dealt with specifically. ie what was good for 1 person is not always the best for you.

as jonny said what are the particulars of the claim? are you having to claim for the damage off your own insurers or from a third party's (the guy who hit you).

Rides
    Also, flux are the broker. Its highly unlikely that they even have a claims department. It will be your or their insurer that will be processing the claim.

Rides

hope that helps..

As Jonny says, threaten with the ombudsman and maybe even throw in a threat to contact your local MP. every time I do this the pendulum always ends up swinging in my favor. Really sorry about your car tho. I hope you get it all sorted out
    Last edited by user23456; 26-08-2016 at 22:54.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Wilkinson View Post
    OK. Let's see if we can get a bit of clarity here.
    Someone (insured with ins co A) crashed into your car.
    You are insured by ins co B through a broker called Adrian flux.
    So, who are you dealing with ?

Next, what are you being offered ?

£1000 for what ? To repair the damage ? In exchange for the car as its a write off ?

Are you being given £1000 plus the car back ? If so, is that after the excess has been taken off ?

The guy who drove into my car was in a cover car from his being crashed into apparently. He lives just down the road from me, knows the road and still does 50-60+ down my road. I phoned the police but said I did not have enough evidence for any conviction. Got 3 witnesses. I got told by Flux to go through my own insurance to claim from his insurance. My car got recovered 3-4 days after the crash by a company called Copart in westbury. he drove my car down the road in the condition it was in and loaded onto his car transporter. I got a call from copart apparently dealing with the settlement of the car. They offered me £1000, I refused to accept so they asked for examples. I sent them what I could find on ebay and pistonheads, They said that they could not use them as examples as the year was not close enough to mine. and the only 1 I could find that was the same year is in ireland. They did not say about having the car back but told me its a cat b. I'm defiantly refusing to accept £1000 as iv spent much more than that.

Rides
    I would definitely go down the ombudsman route as copart have a vested interest in the claim, they are trying to give you a low PAV (pre accident value) as they are a salvage company who sell on accident damaged vehicles.

you could seek an valuation form a consultant motor engineer to further your claim.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nissan-200...AAAOSwHoFXvJ3~
    Last edited by green_rs13; 27-08-2016 at 14:56.

Rides
    It sounds to me like you ate being done over. Its not normal for you to be dealing with the salvage crew. Normally you should be dealing with his insurer direct and possibly with a claims handler if you have legal cover as they will try to recover the excess from the guy who crashed into you.

Rides
    Try contacting Dan at Adrian flux and tell him you need help to get a fair deal. Ask him to explain why your claim is being handled the way it is. Dan is the AF rep for this forum. Drop him a pm and maybe point him at this thread.