Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Advice needed for written off s13

Rides

Advice needed for written off s13

Hi all. I have a 1990 S13 1.8t with mods for stage 2. I Had the car parked outside my house and someone drove into it causing it to be wrote off along with my other car as it rolled into it. I have been going through insurance to claim back some money to buy another one however the insurance will only offer me £1000 for the S13. I said no to the offer and they asked for examples of other cars being sold online. I sent the 5-6 examples but they said that they are not good enough because of the age difference. Mine was a 1990.
    I had worked on it for 2 years fixing the rust and getting the engine reliable to only drive it about 50miles before being wrote off. I am looking for advice on where to go with the insurance to try and get another s13 as I really don't think £1000 will cut it in buying another one and buying mine back. I am insured with adrian flux and all mods were declared in the insurance. I can't think of anything else to add right now.

Thanks for looking
    Sean

http://s346.photobucket.com/user/Sean-S13/library/

These are the only 2 pics I got of the car before it being smashed.
    Last edited by sean s13; 24-08-2016 at 17:41.

Rides
    You should be on for 3k from the insurance really, from what i've seen for sale and sold recently, get yourself on to as many jap/drift facebook pages as possible and ask for s13's for sale so you can show your insurance.

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Pics aren't working for me

An s13 is an s13, age is irrelevant to a point on cars of this age as it's down to condition surely?

the cars are going up in value so if it's easily fixable argue to keep the car as part of the settlement
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Namedrop the financial ombudsman if they continue with their rhetoric. I'd go with Adams £3k at least - I settled for £3.5 for a tatty 14a with 170k in spring!

They will probably go away and have a think when you mention the ombudsman. If they don't, complain to the ombudsman. For cars of this age the age itself is less important than the condition!

Also, I can't see the pics!

Rides
    Thanks for replies I have edited the pic link should be an album now.

Rides
    I got an £1800ish payout for my 13 3years ago that was a 1990 and in similar condition to what yours looks like it was!

Rides
    Dude just opened pics and got a load of virus style sh*t double check pics

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by bennyboy View Post
    Dude just opened pics and got a load of virus style sh*t double check pics
    It's photobucket slinging dodgy ads. Site and pics are legit. Go and get adblockplus or another adblocker

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by raygunn View Post
    It's photobucket slinging dodgy ads. Site and pics are legit. Go and get adblockplus or another adblocker
    No picks came up just fake face book ads saying I won some prizes

Rides
    interesting; I definitely get photophucket; the url reads (and directs to) http://s346.photobucket.com/user/Sean-S13/library/ on mine. Where does yours send you?

You might very well be browserjacked?

Rides
    Never had that happen before, the pics are not even on facebook only 1 on the southwest drift sales page. Iv never liked photobucket but not sure on anywhere else to upload an album to.

Rides
    Download tapatalk i use it for uploading pics and is so much easier.

Rides
    Back on topic...

The insurers will normally initially offer you around half what they are prepared to settle for so they are probably thinking £2K.

However, prices of 200s and S13s in particular are going up quite quickly at the moment. I saw a tidy but not immaculate 1994 JDM model up for £7,500 last week.

Age on an S13 is completely irrelevant (and they should know it). Prefacelifts are generally in more demand than facelifts too.

As far as the Ombudsman is concerned, you won't be able to go to the Ombudsman until you have followed the process which includes going as far as you can to reach a settlement with the insurers. Take a look at the process and understand what is involved.

What you can do is say things like "I really don't feel like we are going to be able to get to something we're both happy with. I can see us ending up getting the Ombudsman involved." or "It would really help if you guys could do some research on this as you obviously don't understand this segment of the market and if we end up with the Ombudsman...."

It shows you know the process and suggests that they could end up with egg on their face.

I haven't looked at the pictures yet but a clean S13 will go for £2,500 to £3,500 all day at the moment.

Rides
    Just for a comparison I paid £8,900 for my 180sx Type X. Rust free, genuine Type X kit, was under 100,000KM's, NISMO LMGT2's, two way diff and a Kakimoto Catback. The price of them are going up and they are becoming a rarity, with replacement parts also being more expensive.

Rides
    a genuine kouki 180sx is a little different to a uk spec s13.

as people have said, a year or two either side of your cars age isn't going to make a big difference in valuing it. sounds like they are just trying to play the game.

Rides
    Why can't a company be it insurance or ISP actually provide its clients the service they pay for. Oh that's right it's all about the Kpi protect it at all cost and forget about trust respect and integrity. I get that they have to protect themselves and there's a process blar blar blar but what happened to working with you and giving you a fair go instead of cutting you of like your a mug. It would be a different story of you didn't pay your premiums I bet.

Rides
    photos work for me, and on a side note if they are genuine kouki rear lights strip em of sharpish! there probably worth a third of the total the insurers are offering you atm if not more, providing there not damaged

Rides
    Still not working for me all kinds of things going on now lol

Rides
    I sent adrian flux proof of what my previous s14a was worth via a few adverts and they matched that, I'd say keep on them and dont let them mug you off to be blunt.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by bennyboy View Post
    Still not working for me all kinds of things going on now lol
    You has virus, Benny !