Thread: 180sx - Super High Spec - Mapped by Greg @ Protuner - 385bhp. Cleannnn

Rides

180sx - Super High Spec - Mapped by Greg @ Protuner - 385bhp. Cleannnn

Guys, I went to see this on Saturday morning, and fell in love. I have had lots of s-bodies over the years, and know a good one, and this certainly fits the bill. James is a very honest seller, and if anything, has been over critical in his description.

I looked over the car, and took it for a decent length test drive and was over the moon. I actually intended to buy it, but have to pull out because I want to be able to put the baby in the back, and after a lot of research, combining the cage and a baby seat is fine if she is rear facing but in a few month she will be too big, and I just cant take the risk of having her head so close to solid steel bars.

Body – whilst there is a minor difference in shade between the wings and doors the car is overall extremely presentable. The rolling of the rear arches is up there with the best I have seen. All the shut lines are good, and there is zero rust on the turret tops, slam panel or any of the usual places. Underside of the boot is showing a bit, but its nothing serious. The wheels are also mint with a tiny mark on one, the rest are spotless.

The drive – being 380+ and mapped by Greg I had high expectations and I wasn’t disappointed. She goes extremely well, boosts smoothly and sounds great. On a run she would be very well mannered but put your foot down and she makes a great howl.

All in all, gutted it wont work for me and the family, and sorry to have got James’ hopes up on a sale, but someone should really buy it. I said to James' I would share it on here with my thoughts...

CONTACT JAMES ON 07875845625 IF INTERESTED!

Quote Originally Posted by Whaler_s14a View Post
    PRICE: £7750 ono. I can reduce this to £7000 if you bring your own wheels. Looking for a cash sale only. Car is currently SORN off the road, however can be test driven on trade plates. To discuss the car, or for more information either message me on here or contact me on 07875845625.

So here for sale is my 1997 Nissan 180sx type X japense import, equipped with a redtop sr20det from the factory. I've owned this car since October 2015 when I bought the car from JDM garage in Devon. They had imported the car from Japan and I saw it for sale on their website. I have plenty of photos of the car from when it arrived until now. The car was fully serviced upon arrival including new gearbox ad diff oil. The car was fully undersealed when it first arrived in the UK and I can honestly say the car was unbelievably clean underneath as I was able to inspect it before it was undersealed. I've been to the Nurburgring and back in this car and it hasn't missed a beat as well as doing a few track days. The car has been serviced every 3-4000 Kms with Millers 10w-60 semi synthetic oil, NGK iridium spark plugs and new oil & fuel filters, most recently two weeks ago. During my ownership the car has had the front spitter, rear bumper and rear fender on the drivers side resprayed. The car drives really well and feels incredibly responsive on track or road. This has not been used as a drift car, however it is a brilliant fast road/track car and still has a full interior. It has the potential to be a brilliant drift car should you wish to go down that route. The car is always allowed to warm up and cool down and is also only run on Shell V power Nitro. Car is MOT'd till October, however I can put a fresh MOT on the car for anyone who is genuinely interested.

Test drives will be done with me driving, no exceptions.

Spec of car:
    1997 RPS13 180sx in red
    Flared and rolled front and Rear arches
    Hippo Sleek Side Skirts
    Hippo sleek rear bumper
    Nismo GT pro 2 way LSD (locks up really well)
    ORC Clutch (Single)
    HKS GTRS Turbo
    NGK grade 7 iridium spark plugs
    HKS S/S Manifold
    HKS downpipe
    Solid turbo pipe
    Carbon Rear Spoiler (OEM type X style)
    Apexi bomber exhaust with centre silencer (nice round town but sounds awesome on boost)
    Kouki rear lights with carbon centre section
    3 rear windows tinted black (not too dark)
    Metal sump guard
    Magnetic sump plug
    Stain Mesh Clutch Line
    Raybrig front lights
    steering Rack Spacers
    HKB red anodised steering wheel spacer
    Nardi leather gear gaiter
    Genuine 180sx floor mats
    Kazama Auto pillow ball Front Tension Rods
    HKS Metal Head Gasket
    HKS uprated Cams
    Tomei Rocker Arm Stoppers
    GTR fuel Pump
    HKS Twin power DLI ignition amplifier
    Samco Radiator Hoses in red
    F-Win Alloy Radiator twin core
    HKS Power Flow induction kit
    D1 Spec oil catch tank
    Trust Front Mounted Intercooler
    HKS FconV Pro Gold ECU (mounted on glove box)
    HKS Turbo Timer
    HKS EVC boost controller (1.0bar low boost and 1.25bar high boost)
    Sun Roof (also have sun roof cover)
    Kouki Lip Spoiler
    Ganador Carbon Mirrors (electric adjustment)
    Rear Strut Braces on rear turrets and by roll cage
    Ipod compatible single din CD player
    Aftermarket Audio and Speakers (2 on parcel shelf, 2 in front doors, equalizers in door pockets and tweeters in the front doors). Sound quality is very good.
    Cup holders in centre console
    Full Cage with Rear Cross bar (Rear Seats still in place but no belts)
    Recaro SR6 Recliner Driver Seat
    Metal Nismo style stubby gear knob
    Genuine suede Nardi Steering Wheel
    Carbon Look Interior Trims
    wind deflectors
    PLX AFR Meter
    HPI engine Torque Damper
    Nismo Adjustable FPR
    Cusco Front strut Brace and lower front strut brace in engine bay of unknown brand
    Nismo 550cc Injectors (flow tested when I first bought the car, have the paperwork)
    Roof Spoiler
    Blitz Oil Temp, Water Temp, boost and Oil Pressure Gauges
    Japspeed Oil filter relocation and oil cooler kit
    Japspeed flexi decat
    Japspeed polyurethane engine and gearbox mounts
    Superpro steering rack bushes
    Driftworks slotted rear subframe collars
    Hardrace pillowball rear camber arms
    Hardrace rear toe arms
    Remapped at Protuner by Greg running 385bhp and 335ft/lbs torque on Shell Vpower
    All work shown below completed by Greg who also 4 wheel laser aligned the car:
    s14a 5 stud hubs
    ABS deleted
    s14 20mm extended LCA's with new ball joints
    Extended steering arms and new steering arm ends and new steering rack boots
    Z32 TT front and rear callipers (front recently refurbished)
    Apex performance conversion brake lines
    EBC red stuff pads and Brembo drilled and grooved discs
    Z32 BMC (BM57)
    UK S13 handbrake assembly (drum setup)
    HSD Monopro coilovers (purchased second hand but unused and still in box)
    Work D9r matt bronze 17x8.5 front & 17x9.5 rear
    Goodyear eagle F1 tyres front 225/45/17, Falken FK453 rear 255/40/17
    Car also has electric windows, central locking and air-con.
    I have plenty of receipts for parts ordered with the car when I bought it from JDM garage. I also have receipts for the coilovers and wheels from Driftworks.

Few points to mention:
    Speedo been replaced, total Kms unclear. Currently reading just under 39000km. arrived on just under 30000km. Record of mileage of 84'000km in 2011 whilst back in Japan.
    Some panels don't match very well due to fade and having fibreglass parts fitted (front bumper and front wings could do with being resprayed).
    Slight rust on front arches from being rolled, very minor.
    One rear wheel slightly curbed, nothing major.
    No service history as with most imports however the mechanicals are all strong and no issues
    As a road car the engine mounts are quite firm however it's never bothered me and could be changed should you wish.

Below is a link to the orginal advert for the car on JDM garages website along with loads of photos:
    Nissan 180SX Kouki - Jap Imports UK

Car is located in South Wales.

[/COLOR]

Rides
    Can you ask him if he'll sell the ganador mirrors separately lol. Been after a set for yonks.

Such a nice car!

Rides
    Bargain price for the spec, if anything it's a bit too cheap considering how strong the yen is at the moment.

If I didn't have the PS13 I'd buy it myself!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamRPS13 View Post
    Can you ask him if he'll sell the ganador mirrors separately lol. Been after a set for yonks.

Such a nice car!
    might have a set still in my loft I will check - I do have s13 slam panels too

on topic .... nice ride I was looking for an import and had to have sunroof. Holding out for an s15 GL with the sale
    Last edited by sabrex; 27-08-2016 at 23:30.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamRPS13 View Post

Such a nice car!
    Ive got a set for sale..

Rides
    If you wanted it that bad why not remove the cage???

I know if I wanted it that bad and had to make the sacrifice I would because you don't see many Type X's in red for sale with such a good spec and good price!

Rides
    If I'd have not bought my S14 2 months ago I'd be snapping this right up!!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by sparky_s13 View Post
    If you wanted it that bad why not remove the cage???

I know if I wanted it that bad and had to make the sacrifice I would because you don't see many Type X's in red for sale with such a good spec and good price!
    I did consider it, but I'm getting lazy now and didn't want any hassle piecing bits together.

It sold pretty quickly through driftworks thanks to my plug so it took the temptation away. I tend to just buy car after car and didn't really need it, but looked cos I had the money and it was local. Someone got a good deal, I could have made a quick few £ by flipping it but I haven't got the spare time I used to have so thought I would help the kiddie out.

Rides
    You've made me want a roof wing now. Good luck with the sale dude!

Rides
    Still for sale?

Please PM!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by nosk1lled View Post
    Still for sale?

Please PM!

Quote Originally Posted by Madda View Post

It sold pretty quickly through driftworks thanks to my plug so it took the temptation away.

Read the thread buddy, it's long gone!
    Last edited by J595HAS; 25-09-2016 at 18:13.