Thread: I miss driving my S-Body

Rides

I miss driving my S-Body

Anyone else in the same boat? Took it off the road in Winter for a 'big service'. 8 months later and it's in bits at my mechanics having the sills welded.

Really starting to miss it. Got a 328i in the mean time but it just isn't the same. Anyone else in the same boat?

Rides
    Just got mine back on the road last week after a slight altercation with a roo.

Last piece of the puzzle for road worthy was tyres and alignment.

That being said it's going back to the garage next Monday to have the air con fixed and the rear main seal looked at as well as all oil Inc gear box and diff changed. If I have anything left over I might get the crack the roo left in the bumper fixed up.

Rides
    Mine is in the garage ready to go but I never seem to have time to drive it

Rides
    I'm chomping at the bit to get mine back together now. At least the bits are finally here to build the engine at last!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Rides
    Exacxtly the same boat with an e36 in the interim as well. But I've decided to sell up. Hope yours gets fixed soon.

NE and Merch Rep type Vigilant teSte's Avatar
    Rides
    Drove mine 3 weeks ago. Get to drive it again on monday. Garage, home, different garage, home, first garage....rinse and repeat...

Sent from my SM-G800F using Tapatalk

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    I miss driving mine but theirs nothing wrong with it, just poor and time limited
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanuki View Post
    Exacxtly the same boat with an e36 in the interim as well. But I've decided to sell up. Hope yours gets fixed soon.
    Really nice cars aren't they? Not the same as a 200sx but still fun. Mines has 195,000 miles on it ha. How come you're selling up bud?

Well thanks to Marc at MJ Motors it's now back where it belongs... Sitting outside my flat in bits. Between work, reading, training, PS4, renovating my flat and the car I'm really beginning to think I have too many hobbies.

Rides
    hurry up and get it back together before it get broken for spares like so many others on here lol

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by mcleansc View Post
    Anyone else in the same boat? Took it off the road in Winter for a 'big service'. 8 months later and it's in bits at my mechanics having the sills welded.

Really starting to miss it. Got a 328i in the mean time but it just isn't the same. Anyone else in the same boat?

e36 looks nice dude

for me, I got rid of my last s13 what must be about a year/year and a half ago. it must have been the 5th or 6th s13 I owned.

at first I missed it (even though it was off the road for a year or so before that) but honestly? I don't anymore.

I'm not sure what it is tbh? I suppose I got bored of pampering it/them all the time, I barely ever had the radio on in all my years of ownership as I'd be listening out for some noise or other, or having to change some part of it, or looking out for / fixing oil leaks/rattles. and just loads of stuff that became a massive pain in the arse.

the fastest one I had must have been knocking on just over 320bhp, but when I think back, 95% of driving it is left it on low boost (about 240bhp) because of it being damp outside, or something smoking/rattling or other.

the main thing? my e36 is like 230-240bhp, I've driven it HARD for the last 2 years, I don't **** about with my cars. I've done several long journeys in it,, I've done 400 mile round trips ferrying my grandmother around, I moved 70% of my house when we moved home in April in it.

and it just works, even genuine parts from BMW are mostly pennies, in two years I've had a broken starter, which was my own fault that caused it.

I'd happily jump in it tomorrow and do a 2000 mile round trip, on the flip side I'd happily take it to a trackday and know I'd enjoy it like hell.

Rides
    Got to agree with you there Zornyan. I love the s13 but ownership can be painful. My current e36 is solid as a rock and I'd happily buy another. Or a 350z...

Rides
    Yea JJ205, they are. this is my second one, the other was just as solid. Mine has 155k but it doesn't feel it.

Rides
    Got to agree with you there Zornyan. I love the s13 but ownership can be painful. My current e36 is solid as a rock and I'd happily buy another. Or a 350z...
    my s13's crippled me financially alot of times, I lost count of how many 'all nighters 'me and my friends had to do on them.

not saying their bad cars at all, lots of fun and bells and whistles. but my e36 is just too good, it won't break, it won't let me down, it's cheaper to run, and I can essentially rag it whenever I want and don't have any worries.

anyways, my current is saving up for a turbo conversion for the beemer, hoping to hit 400bhp with it!

NE and Merch Rep type Vigilant teSte's Avatar
    Rides
    Drove mine today! All of 7 miles. Cross country!!

Coilovers suck

Get to drive it back there on Wednesday so it can acrue a big bill. Yayyy!

Sent from my SM-G800F using Tapatalk

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Zornyan View Post
    my s13's crippled me financially alot of times, I lost count of how many 'all nighters 'me and my friends had to do on them.

not saying their bad cars at all, lots of fun and bells and whistles. but my e36 is just too good, it won't break, it won't let me down, it's cheaper to run, and I can essentially rag it whenever I want and don't have any worries.

anyways, my current is saving up for a turbo conversion for the beemer, hoping to hit 400bhp with it!
    But if you turbo it, won't that possibly bring about the issues you experiences with the s13 and ultimately take away from your enjoyment of the machine? Just a thought.

Rides
    But if you turbo it, won't that possibly bring about the issues you experiences with the s13 and ultimately take away from your enjoyment of the machine? Just a thought.
    I dont believe so, they seem bulletproof standard up until 600bhp, so I'd be well under that limit, and it wouldn't need much pressure on a decent size turbo to get there

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Zornyan View Post
    I dont believe so, they seem bulletproof standard up until 600bhp, so I'd be well under that limit, and it wouldn't need much pressure on a decent size turbo to get there
    Engine and transmission might be bullet proof but the conversion might not be. Possible manifold issues, turbo studs coming loose, heat management issues, clutch issues, brake fade, excessive tyre wear...

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by BLAKTOOTH View Post
    Engine and transmission might be bullet proof but the conversion might not be. Possible manifold issues, turbo studs coming loose, heat management issues, clutch issues, brake fade, excessive tyre wear...
    already sorted out brakes, clutch I just fitted will do 450ftlb and manifold is a cast item (new elite d item made for RHD cars)

trust me, been planning this for a long time. far as tyre wear is concerned I've got 275s on the back for daily and track wheels are 235 semis.