Thread: Rusty S14a

Rides

Rusty S14a

Hi all, not posted for a number of years as the 200 has been off the road, sadly rusting away on my drive. Its time to either get it back on the road or sell it as it never gets driven. The outside and inside are mint, its done 75k and i've owned it for 16+ years. However the underside (rear sills) are pretty rotten, i'm hoping its not beyond repair and if it is repairable where do I draw the line as to whether its worth welding? its pretty high spec at over 400bhp, OS Giken gear box, AP racing 6 pots etc so Im hoping its worth having money spent on it to get a decent amount of money for it if I sell. Its more likely i'll sell rather than drive it again but i'd much rather it repaired and sold onto someone who will continue to love it as I have rather than break it up for spares. I'm not really sure what its worth repaired and how much welding would be (never had any welding done) I know its difficult for someone to say how much welding would need doing and at what cost without seeing it, which brings me onto another question, can anyone recommend somewhere that does welding etc? Im in the Swindon area.
    Thanks for taking the time to read this.
    Dave.

Rides
    Not in the Swindon area but pm Polo on here his done quite a few and will be able to give you a price for it.

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Sounds like a good spec so likely to be worth saving. I expect it would be way out of my budget if you do sell but could be interested if you don't bother fixing it yourself.
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    they are never apst saving, look at my build thread (link in my signature) or spice weazles thread, we have both comprehensively rebuilt ours, and many other have also made huge repairs. PM me if you need any info.