Thread: Project super poo

Rides

Project super poo

Hello All

This is my project super poo its named that because my kids said it the same colour lol
    Its been like this for about 5 years now,anyway ive always wanted to build a 4x4 so over the last year or so ive been collecting parts to do it, and so it begins.

Parts ive got so far

skyline gtr r32 gearbox
    gearbox pump
    front diff/sump
    rear diff
    prop shaft
    all 4 drive shafts
    200sx rear subframe every thing except drive shafts and hubs.

So the idea is to make a sx based rear subframe with gtr diff and mod the back end to take sx coilovers,going to mod the gearbox/sump to fit my engine not to sure about the front end yet that all depends if i need to move the steering rack as i will be a close fit.
    Last edited by steven h; 11-08-2016 at 21:17.

Rides
    This is the box and front diff/sump, it a big f@@ker.

Rides
    A very unique Idea, And I like homemade unique stuff, if it was me I would be looking for a skyrine gtr flour pan/rolling bare shell
    and modify that to fit the astra body, r32 is smaller slightly than the cheaper(ish) r33 but it will need some wheelbase removed and trim the sills
    that way would have the tunnel and motor+g/box mounts, rear subframe etc all done,gtr front uprights for the front shafts
    the front suspension may take some thought,or use skyline front end ,narrowed if need be
    hours of fab work tbh, my idea is just the astra body and everything else is datsun, and the rb will hang out the front of that short bonnet
    set it back to get a rad in there,or rear mount rad with ducts/fans
    just ideas if I was doing it, possibly miles of what you had planned ,

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Cool project, keep us updated
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    That's different... I'm going to keep an eye on this

Rides
    what engine do you plan to run? you could just buy a stagea to chop up.

Rides
    Awesome project. Nice to see people doing things differently

Rides
    what engine do you plan to run? you could just buy a stagea to chop up.
    It,s Running 2.0 turbo, so i will be sticking with that.Did look into skyline engine but it just to long to fit I did buy a audi 2.7 biturbo for this project but the starter motor is in the way and the oil pump lives in the sump so that been put to 1 side.

The smiling face is the prop shaft,thats where the starter lives

Last edited by steven h; 10-08-2016 at 11:13.

Rides
    Getting ready to jig up the rear hub carriers, machined some steel bushes and pressed them into the carriers so the jig will be quite good measurement wise.

photo DSC_1026_zpsptct6a0v.jpg

I did some rough measuring across the hub carriers with the bottom arms level and it was 1360mm give or take a few mm + 69mm x 2 for the hubs = 1498 hud face to hub face measured astra rear beam face to face and 1503mm , so the width is almost the same. The astra hub are 38mm from hub face to mounting face, which is good for me as i wanted to move the wheel in 15mm to let me fit wider tyre with out them hitting the arch (bumper mount).

Rides
    I like your 'T slot' table.

s13/r32 rear is narrower than s14/r33 some people have reduced track width even further by cut and shutting their rear lower arms and winding the adjustable arms in.

Rides
    I like your 'T slot' table.
    Yeah its a good bit of kit to have.

s13/r32 rear is narrower than s14/r33 some people have reduced track width even further by cut and shutting their rear lower arms and winding the adjustable arms in.
    Fabing some hub carriers so can get away with leaving all the arms and mounting points as is and still get the measurement i need

Rides
    The hub carrier jig

photo DSC_1113_zps9v34pxnp.jpg

photo DSC_1114_zpswttb2vzg.jpg

photo DSC_1115_zpsmj9np7ic.jpg

photo DSC_1116_zpscfjqvcv8.jpg

Not jiged the suspension mount yet as ive got to see how close it is to the brake caliper as it will be on the opposite side to the nissan one due to me using the vx parts.Done some measuring up and ordered some laser cut part which should be here next week so will have a idea where things live then.