Thread: Rebuilding my s14a from the ground up. recommend any weak points or advice?

Rides

Rebuilding my s14a from the ground up. recommend any weak points or advice?

Hi all, I am relatively new to the 200 scene but a mega car nut. I currently have an s14a in a lot of pieces was just seeing if there where any advice on things to do while its all apart?

I am currently rust proofing the entire car have a found a mint shell rust wise, i have a donor car running around 360BHP with all the necessary part for engine+box swap.

are there any other renowned weak points that are worth me doing?

I am already going to the the basicis such as bushes, release bearing and other genral wear an tear items. thought I would put it out there and see of you guys have any other suggetions?

Any help hugely appreciated in advance. jut need to get it back together and get to some meets to met you all!

I have attached a link with a few pictures of where I am at right now, any advice on any subject hugely appreciated as I say I look forward to hearing form you all.

Thanks
    Nick

http://imgur.com/a/XKNUo

Rides
    Hey, welcome.

You seem to have covered off the basics. Mechanically these cars are pretty much bullet proof (if you leave them alone, LOL).

Chassis wise, I've found the biggest problem to be rust. If you are sorting that, then all good. Nuts and bolts also tend to sheer due to rust and seizing. So I tend to replace as I go along and copper grease where appropriate to prevent the same thing happening again.

I'm sure there are a bunch of other things that you can do, just can't remember right now!

Navi.

Rides
    Latest update, nearly finished all the seam sealing and wayoyling, very clean shell so worth keeping it that way!

Engine swap in a couple of weeks.

http://m.imgur.com/a/Lem0Y

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    That's looking great

While it's all apart i'd check the condition of the clutch etc and paint the bay too
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    hey mate, welcome. I'd recommend strut braces front and rear if you've not already got some, makes a noticeable difference to the handling. Also have a look at the sussex and surrey section, we hold regualr meets, would be good to see the car when its done.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by niicckk View Post
    Latest update, nearly finished all the seam sealing and wayoyling, very clean shell so worth keeping it that way!

Engine swap in a couple of weeks.

http://m.imgur.com/a/Lem0Y
    Looks good!

Rides
    Thanks for the response guys!

yeah defiantly need to get to some meets once it all done, will look at the Sussex section! I am leaving my work soon so will have more time to really crack on! would be nice to meet some of you guys and get to some meets at long last!!

Have some strut braces ready to go on the car but thanks for the advice is a no brainer!

Any recommendations for any good place to get a 4 wheel alignment in the south? as ill need this as soon as we are back together!

Thanks again all
    Nick

Rides
    I always go to Wheels in Motion in Chesham, although I live in Crawley I still havent found a place more local that knows their stuff and doesnt charge the earth.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by sx rider r17t View Post
    I always go to Wheels in Motion in Chesham, although I live in Crawley I still havent found a place more local that knows their stuff and doesnt charge the earth.
    Thanks mate will drop them a message! I am from Hayward heath so not too far!

Nick