Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: My Nugget S13

Rides
    Still got a 25 on. The gizzmo records the last highest stable pressure achieved so maybe I should do pulls up to around 4k ish and see if it can get 15psi there and accept that it does drop off further up. Doesn't bother me at all though I understand it can't flow that much air at the top end. Would've thought you should be able to get 15psi at some point in the rev range as that's what the chip spec states. Could just be the way the controller is designed, it doesn't want to have the boost any higher as it isn't stable enough.

Rides
    Finger is pointing at the controller. I had a reliable 16 psi with no visible spiking from my Bren Device. Worked fine like that for about 20K miles over 10 years or so.

Rides
    Quite a bummer, you'd expect ebc's to be better than bleed valves. Oh well I may look into a different control option then.
    Last edited by JackB; 07-10-2017 at 19:27.

Rides
    Awesome effort. I'm dreading taking the kit off mine to reveal what's underneath .. or not underneath as the case will most likely be!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by theterence8 View Post
    Awesome effort. I'm dreading taking the kit off mine to reveal what's underneath .. or not underneath as the case will most likely be!
    Prepare for the worst mate. I think Jack summed up S-body ownership well with this picture.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by theterence8 View Post
    Thanks! Hahahaah hopefully you don't find too much of what Matas pointed out, good luck with it dude.

Rides
    Changed my rocker cover gaskets and half moons as they were leaking slightly at the rear by the half moons. Also cleaned out the covers which were slightly gunky. Some BCPR7ES spark plugs went in too due to upped boost.

After the s14 calipers went on I wasn't a fan of the softer pedal feel and they really just weren't that good. One of them started sticking and so that side stuck on and cooked a couple of times which caused the centre cap to melt it's retaining clips so had to pick up another one I decided to buy some R34 GT-T front calipers and Z32 rear calipers along with MTEC grooved discs(310 and 297mm) with protective coating and some (F)Brembo and (R)Pagid pads.

Cleaned up the calipers and sprayed them black and touched up the Nissan letters in white.

The rear disc size difference is mad!

The front then needed the knuckle holes drilling out to 14mm from 12mm to suit the r34 calipers. And yes I know the disc is on the wrong way around in that previous picture^^

And then a Z32 BM57 went in too along with some ATE typ 200.

They look awesome on the car now but are still bedding in. They came with a protective coating to stop the untouched bits going rusty which looks much better but as the pads are cleaning the disc face surface I think it resulted in some bad wheel wobble at high speed. Could be a different issue though I'm still to look into it futher. The wobble has got slightly better though the more miles I'm putting on the brakes.

And lastly today the ca was treated to some new oil. Only 2.5 litres drained out so I'm guessing the t25 is letting go slightly, especially since there is very little back pressure now with the decat added.

Rides
    Increased weight in the rotating bits will highlight any loose joints so could just be you need new steering rack bushes or track rod ends or whatever.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Wilkinson View Post
    Increased weight in the rotating bits will highlight any loose joints so could just be you need new steering rack bushes or track rod ends or whatever.

Had new poly steering rack bushes, track rod ends and used but good condition tension rods all fitted this year so I'm thinking it won't be those? Is there anything inside the steering rack itself the other end of the rods that could come loose and start causing issues? Still need to double check the wheel bearings are fine but I'm almost certain they are.

Rides
    Have you had it aligned then ? Could be your geo is all over the place.

Rides
    Yeah I hat it properly aligned after fitting all the suspension components to it. The wobble does seem to have calmed down a bit but I can tell something is still not right. The steering also seems to have become more slightly more sensitive to the road surface. Over bumps and crap surfaces the wheel will try to do its own thing more than before.

Rides
    Have you replaced the steering column rubber bush with a solid one ? Also, wheel fitting is important. Clean all mating surfaces on hub disk and wheel and fit to finger tight without weight on the wheel ensuring nuts fit in taper. Then drop it onto the ground and tighten up with torque wrench to about 80lbft.

Last edited by Jonny Wilkinson; 31-10-2017 at 21:05.

Rides
    Yep there's a solid steering bush in as well. Cleaned up the hub for the new discs too and I always do the wheels up that way as well. I'll get round to re-checking ball joints and hub play as that's all I could see it being?

Unless.... If the thickness of the disc hat on the new r34 gtt discs is thinner than the s14 discs, that could bring the wheel closer to the coilover which could result in the tyres rubbing the coilovers since there is barely any of a gab between the two already. I'll check the inside of the tyres as well for any marking.

Rides
    I reckon you just scrap the whole car and buy a corsa mate. I mean finance a corsa.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Matas View Post
    I reckon you just scrap the whole car and buy a corsa mate. I mean finance a corsa.
    Yeah nah I think not my friend

Rides
    Managed to pick up a fairly clean pair of Recaro sr3 confetti recliners. Always liked the look of these and I just couldn't resist getting them. Picked up two bride seat rails as well, but the driver side needed modifying slightly as it didn't have the adapter plates on to fit a Recaro.

Next up to finish off the interior I want to dye the carpets black and maybe 'blackify' the door card fabric as well. Then sort out the state of the door speaker covers and upgrade speakers all around.

It'll be off the road at the start of December until it starts warming up again next year. Should give me plenty of time to sort out a load of bits on it. I'll be cleaning up bits here and there and a load more paint will be done so it should look pretty good in a few months time

Rides
    Love this mate! Just read through the full thread, looking forward to seeing more updates!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by kjpg View Post
    Love this mate! Just read through the full thread, looking forward to seeing more updates!
    Thank you very much dude! Got some good stuff coming for it over winter, will update when I get bits done for sure.

Rides
    Haven't got too much done recently but I've been buying many bits for it Bought another bootlid and gave it a clean and some satin black on the underside. Reason for getting a different one is I just didn't want to put work into my current one when this one I got is in pretty good condition and picked it up for a decent price.

Then with much needed help from a friend we got it swapped over.

And it's finally on stands where I've started stripping bits off of it in preparation for some engine bay work.

Much work to come!

Rides
    Decided to fit my OEM kouki wing today. You might be able to guess which direction this is all going now.