Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: My Nugget S13

Rides

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Matas View Post
    Hmmmmm maybe

Rides
    My walbro had been screaming for ages. Thought it was somewhat normal but I'd gotten sick of the sound and ringing in my head after a drive so I decided to look up symptoms and fixes. Ended up changing the in-tank filter and that sorted it right out. It appeared to be clogged up and causing strain on the pump.

Video of before:

After:

Last weekend me and some mates went up to Japshow. Picutres courtesy of Matas. A DSLR really does make the car look awesome

Last edited by JackB; 27-08-2020 at 23:14.

Rides
    Spent the evening getting the rear spats on. It's near enough finished exterior wise. Just needs a couple bits cleaning up.

Rides
    Haven’t been on here for a while but this is now looking sick. I love a red 13 with kouki tail lights. Just matches so well. Just need to drop it another inch or two and it’ll be perfect

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by bikerboywill View Post
    Haven’t been on here for a while but this is now looking sick. I love a red 13 with kouki tail lights. Just matches so well. Just need to drop it another inch or two and it’ll be perfect
    Thank you very much mate! I agree, the lights on a red car just look spot on along with the black centre.

I'd love to drop it more as well. It just means different coilovers and likely different tyres. That's part of it tho, it will definitely be lower in the future!

Rides
    Fantastic work mate. It’s come a long way since you got it!! Great to see you repairing the shell too, far too many of them just being scraped

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My S14.5 Rebuild Thread - clicky --
    http://www.sxoc.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=468362

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by NismoNut View Post
    Fantastic work mate. It’s come a long way since you got it!! Great to see you repairing the shell too, far too many of them just being scraped

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks dude! There was just no way I was going to get rid of it but it's been a real learning curve and I'm loving it.

It got it's good summer use this year. Lots to update on here soon as well as plans over winter etc...

Rides
    Thought I'd give this a quick update. Damn... time has passed very quickly.

August 2018.

I decided to go down the HDEV Stage 3 route as I was after more power and had the parts waiting to be fitted.

T28r to replace the t25. New elbow and downpipe went on, and I welded the elbow nuts/bolts to make sure those weren't backing out by themselves ever again.

Z32 MAF along with a custom stainless turbo intake pipe. Got a catchcan setup in there too that followed the OEM routing.

444cc injectors fitted too

And then the chip itself...

Also decided to replace the crusty clutch stuff with new items

The way the backbox sat was also not to my liking so I cut behind the backbox and added some length to it to sit it where I wanted it.

Before

After

So after having the new setup on it I got a good 1 month use out of it in September and it made its final trip up north where I went to visit my mate for a week. It drove perfectly fine the whole way up and the next time I went to start it after it cooled off it was really struggling to start. After a lot of perseverance turning the fuel pump on and off while cranking etc it would finally fire. We worked out the warmer it got the more it wanted to start.

After getting the car home I put it in the garage and didn't look at it until January came around as I was dreading what was to come.

And so out came the engine and it was dissasembled.

The cylinders were fine altough the pistons did have some burnt looking markings to 3 of them. The bearings were also in good condition too. It turned out all the inlet valves had worn down and were all letting compression past... a common problem on a certain batch I've heard.

So I set about the rebuild with the help of Mospin. It received:
    Replacement valves + relapping
    Valve stem seals
    Head and block skim
    Block hone
    OEM piston rings
    Cometic 1.3mm MLS headgasket
    ARP Headstuds
    ACL rod bearings
    Kings main bearings
    OEM oil pump
    OEM water pump

There were a couple teething issues to start with but we got there in the end and it was back on the road in April 2019.

It once again got a good use through summer and it was an absolute blast to drive.

I also bought some enkei rp01's as track wheels and done a test fit before putting the car away for winter in November.

And that was the last time the car was out of the garage. The plan was to overhaul much of the underside again and give it a load of fresh parts ready for May 2020. I started digging and poking more holes in the car and it's turning out to be a much larger project than I was really ready for. Fast foward to now and the car is still in the garage with some rather large holes in it unfortunately. But I've got a some nice new shiny bits for it waiting patiently and plans for more.

I'm hoping I'll get it back on the road for next summer but there's a hell of a lot of work ahead that needs doing so we shall see! To keep me busy I've also started aquiring parts for my 180sx including an RB25 which is patiently sitting on the driveway wanting attention. I'm looking forward to starting on that car mainly due to the lack of rust it has

Rides
    Hope you get her fixed mate ! Looks really nice in the photos when she was on the road

Rides
    Thanks man! Definitely needs a hell of a lot of attention unfortunately but I'll put the time in eventually