Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: What encourages you to become paid members?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Asht_200 View Post
    I'm ringing around some places to see if we can get some Sills made. Not sure what is going to be required but will find out
    Quote Originally Posted by Chriscooke View Post
    Missed this, Let us know how you get on mate
    Has spice weasle stopped making them?
    http://sxoc.com/vbb/showthread.php?5...e-weasel-Sills

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    He has for the foreseeable future yes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Wilkinson View Post
    A few years ago, the club did try to get the website going a bit with a blog, a more modern front page and an effort to convert some of the write-ups into how tos on the website but its a lot of effort and I don't think much enthusiasm was seen from the members for it.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
    It doesn't have to be that much work as content does not need to be made into how-tos if they take so much work. The first step is to ask people if they would mind if their How-To's and project blogs can be archived for future generations. I doubt too many would have an issue with it. And then copy the entire thread including all of the photos onto the SXOC server. So SXOC then owns and hosts the content. Keep things simple. Then set up a new section or even just add to the existing Technical section. The technical sections are a disgrace now with the amount of missing documents, lost photos and broken links.

Also like other clubs organise road trips just for the pleasure of driving. Plan routes of the best roads and go for it. Not everything has to be centred around drifting or track days. i.e. highlight that these are good GT cars.

Rides
    I have to agree with a lot that is said here and would like to add that these cars are getting rarer and i for one would like to see them around for a lot of years to come. For this to happen i think the sxoc as a whole has to "take the bull by the horns" and start an owners register to keep track of these cars ( this has helped on another forum)!
    It would also be nice to have a detailed history about the design, production and sale of these cars includings specs and trim options available.
    I feel slightly hard done by being a paid member from northern ireland as there is nect to no events here which is a shame a there is quite a few 200s floating about! So that is something to consider for the future!
    A few more traders would be great especially ones in the field of rust prevention!!!!!

Rides
    Want to attract more traffic through the forum?

Close the SXOC FB page

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by sideways14a View Post
    Want to attract more traffic through the forum?

Close the SXOC FB page
    Pages
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    can you become a member without a paypal account? if so could a mod pm me plz

thankies

Rides
    Pretty sure you can pay electronically if you have ebanking

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by user23456 View Post
    can you become a member without a paypal account? if so could a mod pm me plz

thankies
    You can indeed. Pm "Jon" and he'll sort you out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rides
    for me not having a 200 anymore I dont see the point in me being a member. but what I would be interested in is for example advertising a car for sale here, if you could pay say a 3 quid fee for 2 weeks worth of car advertising i would pay that straight away just so it is advertised in 1 more place

Just an idea to get a few more pennies rolling in.

Rides
    Just out of interest? Anyone got age group member numbers for the forum?

Eg

18-25
    26-35
    36-45 etc etc

Could possibly see where the dip is in members and find out why the forum doesn't appeal to that age group?

Rides
    We did try putting together an SXOC wiki to preserve the information and collate everything in one place, but unfortunately lack of contributions from members killed off the enthusiasm a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by gaswizards View Post
    I feel slightly hard done by being a paid member from northern ireland as there is nect to no events here which is a shame a there is quite a few 200s floating about! So that is something to consider for the future!
    A few more traders would be great especially ones in the field of rust prevention!!!!!
    Have you tried putting together any meets/events yourself? We don't have a rep in NI at present and last time we checked there was nobody interested so our hands are tied, unless the members actually take on the responsibility themselves. I'm more than happy to help in anyway if you need budget etc, so have a think and let me know

Also, if you have any traders in mind then pass on the details and I'll happily reach out on behalf of the club. Local knowledge is key here if you want to get quality traders on board.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Maff_1991 View Post
    Just out of interest? Anyone got age group member numbers for the forum?

Eg

18-25
    26-35
    36-45 etc etc

Could possibly see where the dip is in members and find out why the forum doesn't appeal to that age group?
    We don't ask for a lot of personal info when people sign up, so we have no age data to use.
    I know Ken is old. Deacon is getting old, but I know there are some younger members because I've seen photos on Facebook.
    After a rummage in the old forum data, I see that Maff_1991 has become insurable this year. Allegedly. The same forum data says I'm 104

Rides
    I'm incredibly young.......still

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    We don't ask for a lot of personal info when people sign up, so we have no age data to use.
    I know Ken is old. Deacon is getting old, but I know there are some younger members because I've seen photos on Facebook.
    After a rummage in the old forum data, I see that Maff_1991 has become insurable this year. Allegedly. The same forum data says I'm 104
    That's a shame, could of been useful

My assumption is there are a lot more middle age and older people using the forum, may be wrong

I'm 25 so my insurance is actually a decent price now

104 you're doing well then

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Wilkinson View Post
    I'm incredibly young.......still

I was actually waiting for you to slip a comment in there

You're as young as you feel Jonny!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Clint View Post
    We did try putting together an SXOC wiki to preserve the information and collate everything in one place, but unfortunately lack of contributions from members killed off the enthusiasm a bit.

Have you tried putting together any meets/events yourself? We don't have a rep in NI at present and last time we checked there was nobody interested so our hands are tied, unless the members actually take on the responsibility themselves. I'm more than happy to help in anyway if you need budget etc, so have a think and let me know

Also, if you have any traders in mind then pass on the details and I'll happily reach out on behalf of the club. Local knowledge is key here if you want to get quality traders on board.
    You have pm
    Last edited by gaswizards; 24-08-2016 at 21:45.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Maff_1991 View Post
    That's a shame, could of been useful
    My assumption is there are a lot more middle age and older people using the forum, may be wrong
    I'm 25 so my insurance is actually a decent price now
    104 you're doing well then
    I had to LOL at myself there. While I did rummage in old forum data, there's a clue subtley hidden in your username

However, we have no usable age data generally. We didn't ask for it.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    I had to LOL at myself there. While I did rummage in old forum data, there's a clue subtley hidden in your username

However, we have no usable age data generally. We didn't ask for it.
    I forgot about my username to be honest

I would say maybe do a poll but I can't see a lot of people getting involved unfortunately

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Clint View Post
    There is no need to even put together a wiki, but just to save, own and host the technical sections yourselves. i.e. preserve what is there. And also the project blogs would be helpful. So much is lost already as people drop off and take down photo hosting accounts etc. The site has trouble shooting questions and rebuild threads all over the place, so this side of SX ownership is obviously paramount to owners. But at a club level it seems to be more or less ignored. If you look at other clubs from old Triumphs to Mazda MX5s, one of the key objectives of the club is keeping as many alive and driving as possible, and helping/ advising people how to do that.

And shutting down the Bookface pages is actually a very relevant point. Why come here or join as a paid member when you can just flute about on Bookface instead? Reduce the Bookface to literally some info about the club, about SXs in general and then a link to the club site.