Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What encourages you to become paid members?

Rides

What encourages you to become paid members?

Member numbers are slowly on the decrease and for the club to keep going it's something we all need to pull together on!

So as a guest (or member) what benefits would you like to receive from the club?

What could make (or makes) it worthwhile for you to join as a paid member?

Some examples-

1- SXOC stands at more of the big shows for you to show your car.

2- More club trackdays.

3- More discounts available to you on either of the above.

4- A "drink on the house" at local pub meets.

5- More "local" club activities ie- go karting, bowling, paintball etc

6- Although this is down to the traders, more groupbuys and club discounts.

7- Fix ash's car

8- the xmas raffle.

Please feel free to voice your opinions and be honest, without your support numbers will keep falling.
    Last edited by pointz; 05-08-2016 at 09:03.

Rides
    I think a decrease is inevitable because as the number of cars shrink, there are less people to join as others move on.

I'll add 7. Someone to fix my f***ing car

Needs a lot of work and I will get there some day. But in the meantime I'll renew

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Asht_200 View Post
    I think a decrease is inevitable because as the number of cars shrink, there are less people to join as others move on.

I'll add 7. Someone to fix my f***ing car

Needs a lot of work and I will get there some day. But in the meantime I'll renew
    This is very true but a lot of paid members don't even own s-bodies and haven't for years and still come to local meets "when they happen"

7- is a good point though we should pull together and help each other out that's what raises club spirit.

Rides
    I don't pay to receive anything from the club. It's one of the best structured and organised Forums I've seen, that takes time and effort. I'm grateful for that. £20 in terms of total wealth is nothing so I'm happy to show my appreciation.

Besides, I was quoted £240 for my turbo gaskets. Found the thread on here and did it myself.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by mcleansc View Post
    I don't pay to receive anything from the club. It's one of the best structured and organised Forums I've seen, that takes time and effort. I'm grateful for that. £20 in terms of total wealth is nothing so I'm happy to show my appreciation.

Besides, I was quoted £240 for my turbo gaskets. Found the thread on here and did it myself.
    Thank you, that is the kind of input we need!

Rides
    Possibly be more active on Facebook and Instagram? That seems to be where everyone is these days. Pics and vids always get a lot of interest as do links to interesting events/places/people etc. Meets/events are good. In the summer. When people can be bothered but meets and cruises etc are old hat, unfortunately. Social media is where it's at.

Ooh! I have a good one for you, sponsor me and my car. Pay for all my tyres and parts and I'll run SXOC stickers all over my car...and wear all the merch! If I had sponsorship...and spare hands...and no wife and kids, I could be at a track day/race every weekend.

All joking aside I'm like mcleansc, I don't pay and expect anything in return. This forum is run very well and is still very active. There's genuine good spirit and occasional banter which is why I check in everyday. I (heart) SXOC.

Rides
    You've done a great job yourself these past two years of getting stands at more shows, it was always a gripe of mine that SXOC only officially showed at 2-3 shows.

Local meets are great but hard to find a day everyone is free

Rides
    -Good place of knowledge.

-Forum is organized well.

-Car shows with SXOC are always good fun.

Something I could offer is some good quality photos of paid members cars if they are fairly local to myself, I don't mind meeting halfway if a bit further afield? Maybe we could have a handful of photographers around the country who offer up their time? I know there is a few geeks on here!

Rides
    I pay every year as a way of thanking the club for all the help, directly or indirectly received over the years of s-chassis ownership and for all the friends made. Just think that none of us would have ever met daz and his 'alternative' lifestyle if it wasn't for sxoc

Rides
    In all honesty, the original main reason I joined was because I was doing a biggish japspeed order and it was cheaper to become a member and get the sxoc discount than just buy the parts without.
    I have subsequently used the discount loads and saved many money's

The second reason besides discounts is a thank you for all the amazing info provided on here. Really do appreciate the how to style threads and people that faces the same problems and how to over come them.

Third and finally, BECAUSE MY USERNAMEZ GREEEEEN!!

Rides
    I joined up because I'd got so much information from the forum it seemed only right to give something back.
    Unfortunately numbers are gunna continue to fall because there are no new models being released to bring new people into the club.

Perhaps the club needs to do more to monetise events and get some extra cash flow from those??

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Oreos View Post
    -Good place of knowledge.

-Forum is organized well.

-Car shows with SXOC are always good fun.

Something I could offer is some good quality photos of paid members cars if they are fairly local to myself, I don't mind meeting halfway if a bit further afield? Maybe we could have a handful of photographers around the country who offer up their time? I know there is a few geeks on here!
    Cheers John this is a great idea if people want proper photoshoots of there cars, i have seen the recent ones with Holly's and your camera work is spot on

Quote Originally Posted by shikari chaos View Post
    In all honesty, the original main reason I joined was because I was doing a biggish japspeed order and it was cheaper to become a member and get the sxoc discount than just buy the parts without.
    I have subsequently used the discount loads and saved many money's

The second reason besides discounts is a thank you for all the amazing info provided on here. Really do appreciate the how to style threads and people that faces the same problems and how to over come them.

Third and finally, BECAUSE MY USERNAMEZ GREEEEEN!!
    This is a good reason to join as you are getting a good thing back from being a member, it would be nice to see more groupbuy's from time to time. When i 1st joined they seemed alot more frequent.

Rides
    Forgot the xmas raffle! lug: maybe if we are in a position we could do a mid-year small raffle?

Rides
    I became a member for the Weekender, as my housemate at the time got me to come along (it didn't take much convincing).
    Having not owned an S-body, point 2 is what keeps me most interested in being a member.

Rides
    I originally joined to get in on an HID Group Buy arranged by Richyboy... That was some time ago.

I stick around not only because it's part of my job, but because I quite like the place

The weekender is a big part of it for me, I have been to many and hope to go to many more!

Rides
    I pay for membership because I use the forum almost everday, I own a 200, the club spirit, and I am loyal. £20 a year is a bargain if you ask me.

Each to their own but if I was posted almost everyday I'd prefer not be to a guest...
    Last edited by sx rider r17t; 05-08-2016 at 10:12.

Rides
    This is the first time in a while i aint been a member, i have not had my sx now for what...5 years?

Problem is that i see the activity in the forum dropping a lot, FB and other mediums are taking over and the members section resembled a nightclub on a monday night (ie dead).
    I dont go to events and aint used the discounts in many a year ( although they were very very welcome when i did) so i have let this membership lapse.

I think you guys aught to try and do something to encourage us wanderers back to the forum as paid members but i honestly dont really know what would be the solution.

I would however pay a nominal fee to be able to have a crudely drawn willy as my avatar

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by sideways14a View Post
    This is the first time in a while i aint been a member, i have not had my sx now for what...5 years?

Problem is that i see the activity in the forum dropping a lot, FB and other mediums are taking over and the members section resembled a nightclub on a monday night (ie dead).
    I dont go to events and aint used the discounts in many a year ( although they were very very welcome when i did) so i have let this membership lapse.

I think you guys aught to try and do something to encourage us wanderers back to the forum as paid members but i honestly dont really know what would be the solution.

I would however pay a nominal fee to be able to have a crudely drawn willy as my avatar
    Thanks for the input the whole point of this thread is to try and encourage old members (wanderers) back as well as attract new members.

Rides
    I used to be a member, think I was for two years. The reason I became a member was because you can start a project thread and the tech sections are helpful. The reason I'm not a member at the minute is I've not had time to do anything with my car recently. I will pay up again soon. I think it's the best forum on the Internet. Not too sure how to get people into Sxoc but I like the fact there are more Sx stands at shows nowadays, hopefully attend one soon.

Watfor(d), but now temp in Stutton, Zuffuk..., then temp in Armitage (Bog centre of the world)... then FINNNALY to Quarry Bonk, Brum!! puff puff.
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by pointz View Post
    Thanks for the input the whole point of this thread is to try and encourage old members (wanderers) back as well as attract new members.
    Cheeky Gheet! I am an Old Member (too old for this malarkey anhhoo!) & as a Wanderer, I've never given up my membership since I joined in 2008. Even though I've not driven my car in over two years, & no more than 4 miles to my local Bostin Fittle meet in the last 3 years, The Weekender alone was worth the 20 notes. Add to that all the help & advice I've had from the site/members/traders, £20 is fine. More track days would be good, but I've taken a Saab estate to the last few & a misnamed Passat Sport estate to the water sports Weekender event at Blyton Park.

When I eventually get my car back on the road I'd certainly come to shows, T.days & continue Weekender attendance.

R.