Thread: Best fitting bodykits?

Rides

Best fitting bodykits?

Ok, so this isn't exactly related to the S-chassis, since I've sold my S14 a while back. But I'm thinking of buying Rocket Bunny aero for my GT86, and was wondering if any of you got an opinion of how well bodykits fit from the availble sources. It's either Knight Racer, Aerokit or EPRacing. Any ideas?

Rides
    Do a search mate it's been discussed A LOT.
    As a general rule replica kits are not the greatest fit or quality.

Rides
    Genuine Rocket Bunny stuff will fit really well
    Rocket Bunny copies will vary massively depending on quality of the moulds used to make them, materials used and quality control of the manufacturer.
    If you want a bolt on kit that requires little to no adjusting, then buy the genuine Rocket Bunny stuff from an authorised dealer so you know it's the real deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rides
    Aerokit parts seem great for the price. I've fitted two Aerokit Spec D1 kits, one to mine and one to my girlfriends s14a's. And they both come out great. As always there's the usual profiling down of edges, usual adjustments. But I think it's the same with all FRP stuff.

Rides
    As above genuine rocket bunny stuff will fit like a dream, when you get into copies (or copies of copies) then what you save in initial costs you pay for in labour time fitting the kit.

SXOC Trader - Walton Motorsport walton_motorsport's Avatar
    Rides
    Our Kinzuru Kits stuff fits very well (for a copy) as they are made from genuine rocket bunny panels. However sadly we have no GT86 version available.

Rides
    Rocket Bunny may be scene as fcuk, but at least buy the real stuff. You're paying for someone's R&D and IP.

SXOC Trader - Walton Motorsport walton_motorsport's Avatar
    Rides
    You could say the same about Rota and 7twenty though.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by walton_motorsport View Post
    You can. Which is why I believe in buying the original where possible. My next rims will be genuine as were my previous

Piman will do the same knowing how he feels about copies /fakes etc

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by walton_motorsport View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MEL View Post
    You can. Which is why I believe in buying the original where possible. My next rims will be genuine as were my previous

Piman will do the same knowing how he feels about copies /fakes etc
    Everything that Mel said. Rota. 7Twenty. I find them all unacceptable. It isn't right that companies put in the design time, the creative thinking and register the IP only to have it knocked off by the Philippines. It's the same, if not worse with body kits. They are far to expensive to start with, but that doesn't make it right to just make moulds from them.

I am stuck with Rota's on my GTR at the moment until I've done all my mechanicals but they will be going straight in the bin.

Rides
    Blah blah blah, haters gonna hate etc etc etc - although I suspect you'll more likely sell those nice wheels for good money rather than binning them. Anyways, I digress...

ABW took my S15 and made a kit from scratch themselves for it - and it fitted perfectly and looked good. I believe they did the same with an Apex S14a back in the day, and they bought their own S13 and did likewise.

I would give them a shout if you like that style, due to them making their own from nothing, including plugs, moulds, then selling the parts, and they'll be happy to help. They're also UK based so recent exchange rate changes wont ruin you.

They're hugely popular in the Subaru scene too, and they can be pretty particular!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Evilchap View Post
    Blah blah blah, haters gonna hate etc etc etc - although I suspect you'll more likely sell those nice wheels for good money rather than binning them. Anyways, I digress...
    Never eluded to binning them, of course I'll sell them. I just don't agree with them as you know.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by piman2k View Post
    I am stuck with Rota's on my GTR at the moment until I've done all my mechanicals but they will be going straight in the bin.
    Ahem. Anyway, not really on topic for the OP - ABW get my vote for a kit of this style as they did mine and did a very nice job, and Darren is a nice chap

Rides
    my EP racing front bumper went straight on with no fettling, the side skirts needed about half an hours work with a file/ sand paper/ offering up etc.. to get to fit perfectly around the arch lips. the rear bumper took maybe two hours of trial and error.

my genuine GP sports side skirts took about an hours fettling to sit right.

Rides
    Rotas may not be the original but they fill a massive hole in the market don't they?

Rides
    I set this thread on subscription with email alerts in case anyone replied, yet I haven't received any emails, good thing I checked back!

Thanks for the replies everyone. This has been sorted and no, I didn't go with a poor fitting copy Now to spec some Meisters