Thread: Ca18det one way valve question

Rides

Ca18det one way valve question

After going to simply jap today my ca18det has started to smoke at idle. Been reading up about people putting one way vales in to stop this as assume it's my turbo seals going.

Has anyone got a diagram of where I instal it and such.

Cheers guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rides
    It replaces the connector on breather pipe to the inlet trunk (near AFM). It is installed to allow air out but not into breather, arrow points at inlet trunk. If using a clutch vac valve you will need 2 bits of hose to enlarge the tails from 8/10mm so they are a good fit in the 16mm breather.

Rides
    And will this stop my turbo smoking until I sort out a new one?

Rides
    Usually does yes.

Rides
    Can it not still breathe in from the hose that goes to the T piece on the other rocker cover?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Etari View Post
    Can it not still breathe in from the hose that goes to the T piece on the other rocker cover?
    No that goes to the PCV valve which only sucks. The whole engine is internally one space, the head has passages from inlet to exhaust side, oil drains from head to sump, sump has hose to turbo drain port. It is the the PCV valve that produces the vacuum that stops oil going out the turbo seals at idle (when vacuum is high). So you need to check it works, suck on hose you should hear a cluck as the valve shuts and it won't let you suck oily air, blow and it should have little resistance.

If you have any leaky seals (cams or engine) or split hoses in the breather system including the one that goes from rear of inlet rocker cover to block behind oil cooler then it will draw air in there in preference to turbo seal.