Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Saab fans. This worth a punt?

Watfor(d), but now temp in Stutton, Zuffuk..., then temp in Armitage (Bog centre of the world)... then FINNNALY to Quarry Bonk, Brum!! puff puff.
    Rides
    I've had a 2003 5spd Aero Estate for the last 2.5 years (bought as a Temp. stop gap until my SX was back on the road...) & have done approx. 35K in that time. The only diesel to specifically avoid was the 3L Isuzu derived one, for the reasons already stated.

The ignition cassette started to play up, but the new-old stock one I bought for approx. £240 2 years ago from Neo Bros, has now done 30K @ stage 3+ (c) 310hp & is showing no signs of deteriorating. It's done two Weekenders & I don't treat it with kid gloves, but overall, apart from a tubby replacement needed after our Anglesey Weekender, blown on the hottest day of the year, I've enjoyed it.

Plus: Great load carrier, MPG good on faster roads (I get 35+mpg set on cruise at a real 70MPH), comfortable & quiet place to be, great ICE, far higher safety levels than the vast majority of that age/price, & the image is OK, not flash, & not frenchy/far east cheap, just about right. Seemingly invisible to the police.

Sub-plus: 20->23mpg around town, & even with the B8 shocks & sport springs fitted to mine, it is no joy in a corner. GM underpinnings.

Some of the above isn't relevant to a non Aero diesel auto, but the essential load lugging capacity, great value & general good build are. If it passes muster when given the basic checks all old girls deserve, I'd say go for it. Simply put, when I replace my current one, & assuming I won't wish to spend much on my second car, (SX will be my daily) I'll be buying another 9-5 estate.

R.
    Last edited by BWanderers; 09-07-2016 at 12:01. Reason: ,

Rides
    Go V6 3Ltr Jag Estate with LPG goodness

Will see 23-26 on short hops and 29-31 maybe a little more on a run and with LPG at less than 1/2 the price of petrol you are looking 50+ mpg

Win Win Win

Rides
    Ignore me, Its a manual I found
    Last edited by Jonny Wilkinson; 22-07-2016 at 11:04. Reason: Didn't check it was an auto

Rides
    Its ok he has bought a 1.8LX Mondeo
    Quote Originally Posted by silverzx View Post
    I like Mark, he seems fair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slip_n_slide View Post
    Mark is right.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Its ok he has bought a 1.8LX Mondeo
    Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo !