Thread: HELP Looking to buy

Rides

HELP Looking to buy

Hi all. im looking to buy a 200sx s13 and am thinking of buying the linked one below. Looking at it early this week.
    Does anyone know anything about this one or what to look out for..

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nissan-s13...wAAOSwbYZXb83Y

Thanks

Rides
    Rust, rust and rust. Says that it required welding for MOT, so I would want to know where. Probably the usual suspects but I would want a good inspection - in person - both in the engine bay and underneath (sills, footwell and frame rails). If it's a rotter then I'd suggest walking away.

Just my opinion here but if you do get it please, please consider binning that awful wing. How much downforce do you need??
    Last edited by Tanuki; 04-07-2016 at 09:11.

Rides
    That's owned by a friend of a friend. When my red 14a was cat C'd in spring I nearly had this (I didn't in the end because it was a bit fast and furious for my liking)

For what its worth the motivation for sale is apparently the same as mine for not buying it in the first place (too chavtastic,) and the guy is reputable. From what I've heard about the guy it should all be above board, but like Tanuki says give it a look over for rust, including the quality of the repairs. Too many people just shoving steel in holes only for it to recur within 24 months.