Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Voum - Chapter 2

Rides
    Any post of this is a post worth posting.

Posty post post

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Rides
    Lovely looking car. Loving all the carbon fibre .

Rides
    Soo, after a chat with Pointz, a short cross county journey, then a vernier eyeball, a hacksaw, file, angle grinder, pistol drill with slot drill (= knackered pistol drill btw) and a bit of colourful language this happened:

There's another one to go in but S14s aren't that good at carrying extra seats it seems!

Also had some goodies turn up today, but more of that when they're on

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Certain bride superlow rails fit these and will sit them lower in the car than most other rails i've found

Recaro Friends
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Cool, I did have a look about but they're bloody expensive! I'll keep an eye out in the FS sections for some

On a related note, I'd really love to trim the door cards in the coloured material we have on our seats = have you ever seen any about?

Rides
    So, have been a bit quiet for a while as I've been under other peoples cars or gutting the red one. This last week though, I've been up to things.

Firstly have improved the rail mod and got the passenger Recaro another 10-20mm lower (will have to copy this to the drivers side)

And have finally removed the ABS! Bleeding was a bitch thanks to some rounded rear nipples (replaced) and 2L of the shittiest fluid I've seen come from a brake system so far! But I'm all ready for the turbo and manifold, and the brakes feel much happier now without that ruddy pump and solenoid pack in the way

Rides
    More things!

GT28r and tubular manifold went on Thursday/Friday; the exhaust was then half replaced because the flanges wouldn't quite line up! The exhaust now sounds dramatically different, no more farty at low revs and a valvey scream comes in at the mid range and lasts through to the top. Love it.

Rides
    That boost solenoid is extremely close to the mani! I thought they were meant to be kept away from heat sources?

Rides
    Indeed, though it's not as close as it looks in the pics. I have relocated it an inch or so higher for now, and the heatwrap does a really good job of dropping temps so I'm not overly fussed. I also have a spare from red kicking about just in case! Now the bas is out of the way I could always tuck it behind the turret though. Will have to get some hose!

In other news the amp in the back is acting up. Have been swapping cables out and have a few to go still but it's not looking good. If I confirm its the amp I think it'll be time for a redesign now the rear seats are all but inaccessible.

Rides
    No updates!?!

Is everything OK lol

Rides
    Ello mate

Oh, a couple of things, but was aiming to finish them before posting! - rear seats are out as they are inaccessible, back seats are mostly boarded and carpeted with amps on show. The drivers recaro was replaced with a bucket and harness because I needed to mod the rails further to get the position I want. Then work stuff happened I've been signed off for over 2 months now, and arent due to return until January at the earliest. This means little access to facilities, and combined with poor health has pretty much stopped me from anything bar visiting the docs and shops! It's so fecking frustrating having all the free time in the world but an inability to use it to its potential.

I have however removed the dash from the red one to act as a mould/guinea pig for some fibreglassing, if I can work out a safe/clean way of doing the deed in my lounge!

Rides
    derple post

Rides
    Really like the front with the original bumper and the vented bonnet. I think it's the route I'll take!
    Are those integra seats? Always thought about them but thought they could be too big?

Rides
    Thanks I didn't pick it myself but I like the blend of subtle and stand out mods it has The seats I think are from an Integra - Pointz could confirm. They're not too big atall they fit fine. One drawback is they have a recliner wheel instead of the lever ratchet system so back seat access is time consuming with them. The rails can be lightly modified to make them fit though the seating position is higher. You can get them near stock position with more extensive rail mods though

No update news, had a bit of a domestic disaster and had to move!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by raygunn View Post
    Thanks I didn't pick it myself but I like the blend of subtle and stand out mods it has The seats I think are from an Integra - Pointz could confirm. They're not too big atall they fit fine. One drawback is they have a recliner wheel instead of the lever ratchet system so back seat access is time consuming with them. The rails can be lightly modified to make them fit though the seating position is higher. You can get them near stock position with more extensive rail mods though

No update news, had a bit of a domestic disaster and had to move!
    Yea they are from an accord type r. Well comfortable seats imo

When you gonna come to some shows dude

Rides
    soon again, hope to be back out this year - dependant on health mostly now.

Rides
    Hope you're okay mate. And hope the car is well. Never know I may end up trying to buy it back off you :P