Thread: 4.1 ratio rack n pinion

Rides

4.083 ratio rack n pinion and s14/a wind deflectors

Had these sitting round for awhile now, bought on here well over 12mths ago, brand new never been fitted, just haven't the money and time to get someone to set up a diff with them for me.
    12mm bolt threads in crown. As far as im aware direct fit to s14/14a diffs. Fits abs equiped diff ( no idea if it will fit non abs diff) will fit s15 helical but will need nismo steped diff bolts .
    £100 posted

also recently bought some freshly imported wind deflectors from Hamish, one clip missing but in all good condition (will get pic's up later) new house forces non fitted bits and pieces to be sold!
    paid 140, ideally want to get that back but willing to take sensible offers
    Last edited by sxstu; 28-01-2017 at 10:25.

Rides
    That's a 4.083 not a 4.11. May also be worth stating bolt size on rear of crown wheel as they are larger normally than standard ratios. Couldn't fit mine because of this.

Rides
    As above really, I'm after exactly what you've got. But need to make sure it'll fit my R32 diff.

Rides
    as far as I was aware it fits s13 and s14 diffs, I know I was looking into fitting it to my s15 helical that's in an s14 case, but I needed to get the nismo diff bolts that are stepped, 13mm shoulder to 12mm threaded bolts to fit it, will measure them later.

I bought it as a 4.1, so that's all ive known it as, im no expert and not trying to fool anyone:-)

Rides
    For the easy ratio you just devide the tooth ratio. So 49 cw teeth devided by 12 pinion. 4.083.
    3.9 in my s13 is 47 cw by 12 pinion.
    You will need stepped bolts to fit to an s13 as my viscous has 12mm bolts and the stagea I got the 4.083 from was 14mm
    Last edited by dukey; 23-06-2016 at 10:23.

Rides
    Ta.

Rides
    Question to the above people, how would this fit to an R32 diff?

Do the pinions differ between ABS/Non-ABS, or does the input flange account for the difference?

Rides
    I'm afraid I wouldn't know that. I think you can swap the abs into a non abs housing and just have a certain amount of poke on it but not sure of the other way. Not 100% on this either as it's just Internet speak.

Which way around are you wanting to go? What diff and ratio do you have already and why do you want to change ratio?

Rides
    So my current diff is from an R32, non-ABS with a 4.3 ratio.

As for changing, my current ratio worked great with the standard box. However, I'm now running a Z33/350z box so it's a tad excessive. After crunching the gearing calculator a few times, either a 3.9 or 4.08 would suit the box nicely plus, a 4.08 would mean i'd predominantly be using 3rd & 4th gear on track (drifting) which is ideal.

Rides
    Well you'd have to ask what diff this was from as it may be a non abs so could be lucky but will also be worth knowing which crown wheel bolt size is currently on your diff.

I know my 4.083 has the larger cw bolts and pretty sure it was from a non abs.

Rides
    The crown bolt holes are 12mm thread. I needed the nismo bolts to fit to my helical. So it will fit with standerd bolts from s14.

Rides
    bump

Rides
    Bump. Open to offers

Rides
    bump. open to offers also got wind deflectors for s14/a

Rides
    First of all, i am not an expert here, but I have seen and sold bunch of the Nissan differentials so i think i ciuld tell you guys that there are 3 differences diffentails which can be sorted out by usimg the crown gear sizes....They are 180, 200 and the 230mm......(R180, R200,R230)

The 230mm crown gear are common for and most found in some skyline GTR and z32 TT.....So, we will leave a discussion for later

Many s13 silvia (pre 1994 production year) came with the 180mm or we called it R180......This is not a common differentail and i would say that most people took them out for the R200 ones

Most s14 and s15 equipped with 200mm crown gears from the factory..(also some Skyline GTST, Z32NA and many other models)......Most people commonly called these R200

Someone mentioned about the s15 HLSD ring gear bolts...... Usually, as far as I disassembled the s15 HLSD, they came with 13mm ring gear bolt (actually the thread pitch is 12mm but the top section of the bolt is 13mm).....and the HLSD from s15 came with 3.69 (48:13) ring and pinion gears sets..... Therefore, if some of you guys are doing a HLSD swap, make sure you asked the sellers for a 13mm ring gear bolts because all holes on the HLSD are bigger so the regular 12mm ring gear bolts will become loose

Also, everytime when buying or replacing the final gear ratios, be careful to get all the shims that came with the ring and pinion gear sets because you will need those shims to correct the tooth pattern when setting up the differentail backlashes
    Last edited by kriskouki; 29-01-2017 at 05:14.

Rides
    bump....

been awhile only just found them while clearing through garage, open to 0ffers if anyone interested