Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Supertech pistons cracked?

Rides

Supertech pistons cracked?

Hello everybody
    I needed new pistons for my sr20 so i found "new supertech pistons" from user evojeepgal "danielle murphy" she is known female drifter?? Lol very unprofessional behaviour

Bought those pistons waited 1 month for them got them yesterday and pistons are damaged ass hell and used, how can be pistons new if they are smelly and greasy and scratched even cracked all of them... total bs dont buy anything from her, as far as i managed to understand this is hers tuner work and proffesional mounting i would write his name too but im not 100% sure whose job is this

Awful condition

Rides
    They don't look new, did you get pictures of them before you paid you're money?

Rides

Rides
    It says there were trial fitted to the block so the scratches come from fitting the circlips and they are oily because you dont fit pistons dry. Are you sure its a crack and not a scratch? They certainly dont look like they have been in a running engine.
    Quote Originally Posted by silverzx View Post
    I like Mark, he seems fair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slip_n_slide View Post
    Mark is right.

Rides
    They aint been in a running motor lol.

Rides
    All 4 gaps for valves are cracked, it means the crank was turned logic damage for fitting standard pistons in stroker kit...

Rides
    lol

Rides
    Possibly if they cranked it on starter. Imagine they damaged the head and valves also. A tuner that is good would have known they were wrong and certainly not given them back to the customer to sell on.

Rides
    Have you spoken to Danielle about the issues?

Rides
    I kidna believe that she wouldnt sell me crappy pistons on purpose but anything is possible, i messaged her but no response she is replying me very slowly i understand that she is preparing for the drift event in france but she could send me a short message

Poslano z mojega SM-G920F z uporabo Tapatalk

Rides
    looking at the pictures I don't think they are cracked in the valve cut out areas,
    I think they are marks from it having high lift cams and larger valves and the piston cut outs are for stock cams and valve sizes
    the more concerning bit is the damage to the ring land area top ring in picture 2,
    looks like it would hold the piston ring to the piston and be unable to move as the damage goes across the top ring groove

If an engine builder gave me back pistons in that condition I would have taken it up with them and certainly not re sold them
    as just test fitted as described by the seller, you don't need to be a expert to see they are damaged/not re-sellable

Rides
    IF you paid by paypal Open a case there and send them back via tracked courier.

But First Communicate with Danielle i guess probably she just took a photo of first piston and thats all, better get her phone number and call her, that would be faster and you will get some results in 5 minutes

Rides
    As of all comments below and as described, these were sold as new Pistons but with rings fitted and trial fitted to the block, no head was ever fitted, my tuner did say he struggled to remove one of the circlips bus aside from that these were never ran in an engine as most replies below state.
    I definitely don't believe there is cracks at the top of the Pistons, maybe a scratch of some sort. The material these are made from do not crack unless under serious defect, which again is impossible.

I fitted the Pistons myself so maybe I am to blame?! I've built many engines before. My tuner clearly only done the removal so as for unprofessional, that would be unprofessional of you to drag an innocent person into this and possibly slander their name... As you are doing to mine right now.
    I did not lie in my advert when originally advertising these Pistons and I also did offer you the choice to buy a brand new set from Supertech dorect for a small amount of money more, but you declined this.for £50 less, you chose to buy my Pistons and not ones direct when I offered that options twice. But you didn't want to potentially have to pay more fees and customs charges.

So where else have I gone wrong? I suggest you remove the "fraudster" and title of this thread. As far as I'm concerned the parts were sold as described. I don't have a reputation for selling shite unless I state it!
    Thank you everyone for your replies otherwise stating what's obvious to most of us ��

Quote Originally Posted by trkoo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    It says there were trial fitted to the block so the scratches come from fitting the circlips and they are oily because you dont fit pistons dry. Are you sure its a crack and not a scratch? They certainly dont look like they have been in a running engine.
    Quote Originally Posted by sideways14a View Post
    They aint been in a running motor lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by trkoo View Post
    All 4 gaps for valves are cracked, it means the crank was turned logic damage for fitting standard pistons in stroker kit...
    Quote Originally Posted by ANDY black s13 View Post
    looking at the pictures I don't think they are cracked in the valve cut out areas,
    I think they are marks from it having high lift cams and larger valves and the piston cut outs are for stock cams and valve sizes
    the more concerning bit is the damage to the ring land area top ring in picture 2,
    looks like it would hold the piston ring to the piston and be unable to move as the damage goes across the top ring groove

If an engine builder gave me back pistons in that condition I would have taken it up with them and certainly not re sold them
    as just test fitted as described by the seller, you don't need to be a expert to see they are damaged/not re-sellable

Rides
    Okay, please answer me on pm.
    Thank you

Poslano z mojega SM-G920F z uporabo Tapatalk

Rides
    I have answered you twice now so I suggest this thread is deleted... As you have attempted to slander both me and my tuner innocently. Which will result in further action should we see the need

Rides
    Slander is spoken defamation. Libel is written.

I suggest maybe Eddy current testing or xray to check the pistons if you really want to Check their condition.

Rides
    It doesnt bother me that they were trial fitted, it would be okay if they were in running engine but pistons have major surface damage. Pistons are trash, couldnt send you pm because you have full inbox. How cant you understand that your mechanic shouldnt approve further use

Rides
    Hi folks

I changed the thread title last night as it felt kind of inflammatory

I've no idea what pistons should look like, to me the stand out feature in the pics above is where someone has scribbled on them in pen. Seems in this thread there's a few folk who do know pistons saying that they look ok.

Here's a thing. Both you guys are guests on the forum. If you were full members you'd have bigger pm inboxes. Just saying Notwithstanding that there are far more efficient ways to communicate nowadays than pm on a web forum. Particularly when you're countries apart.

SXOC is an owners club and web forum. We're not in a position to intervene or advocate in disputes, however there is a feedback system, and where it looks like there are ongoing and recurrent issues with folks selling or buying stuff and not being within the spirit of the club we may choose to intervene. This particular thread is nowhere near at the level of intervention save for an edit of the title which was potentially defamatory.

I hope you guys can get this resolved between yourselves
    power-crazed Head-Mod

Rides
    So this is called "new" condition on this forum ? Lel

Rides
    I take it you did not purchase these through Paypal as a purchase of goods? If you have and the seller is refusing to take them back then open a dispute. They don't look new and in original packaging to me.